PDA

View Full Version : Shipping ak parts kit to cali

Busmech
06-03-2012, 8:51 AM
Hope you guys can advise me i have guys in cali interested in buying my demilled romy kits, is it legal for me to ship them to that persons residance?

69Mach1
06-03-2012, 8:52 AM
Absolutely legal

69Mach1
06-03-2012, 8:53 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=515516

timdps
06-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Absolutely legal, although if there is a magazine involved, it will need to be disassembled before shipment.

Tim

SJgunguy24
06-03-2012, 10:58 AM
It's as legal as it would be in any other state.

NorCalDustin
06-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Absolutely legal, although if there is a magazine involved, it will need to be disassembled before shipment.

Tim

Yup... Just put the parts in a box and send it out.

Busmech
06-03-2012, 1:17 PM
Thanks guys im used to the laws we have in N.H. So i didnt want to do something illegal

bwiese
06-03-2012, 5:41 PM
Depending on the gun architecture in question, a parts kit should not have any exclusively FA parts in it. It also should not have (as many do) hicap magazines in it.

arsilva32
06-03-2012, 6:10 PM
Depending on the gun architecture in question, a parts kit should not have any exclusively FA parts in it. It also should not have (as many do) STANDARD CAPACITY magazines in it.

there fixed it for you:D

oni.dori
06-03-2012, 6:38 PM

Tim

What he said. However, I would suggest that if you do buy a Romy kit, get the "G" model, and avoid the WASR-10's like the plauge. My understanding is they are finnicky as can be, and considered to be on the "low end" of the AK heierarchy.

motorhead
06-03-2012, 11:16 PM
kits are boxes of metal scraps. there are no restrictions on shipping them anywhere in the usa.

WTSGDYBBR
06-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Full auto parts are legal to ship to Cal. Every parts kit you buy has a form of a Full auto part. So if you have tools to put that AK together at home make sure one you trash them or 2 store them some were else. The State of WA is not allow to own FA parts.Owning full auto parts with having building tools can get charges added to you for possession with intend to build a machine gun. Also make sure any such HI cap mag more then 10rnds are broke down tool apart when shipped.

Rate Reducer
Auto Sear
Rate Reducer spring
Auto Sear spring
3 Axis Pins you only need 2
Bolt Carrier with Sear trip.
Parts of the rear tang group
Parts of the safety selector .

bwiese
06-04-2012, 1:54 AM
Full auto parts are legal to ship to Cal. Every parts kit you buy has a form of a Full auto part. So if you have tools to put that AK together at home make sure one you trash them or 2 store them some were else. The State of WA is not allow to own FA parts.Owning full auto parts with having building tools can get charges added to you for possession with intend to build a machine gun.

You really need to STFU when you don't know what you're talking about.

You pop up and spout off on many threads with pure BS. Somebody might actually associate your comments with competence and end up in jail.

The Calif. 12200PC (old numbering) definition of machinegun, which has a broad constructive possession concept embodied in it, is broad enough
to encompass certain FA-only parts as being equiv. to an MG itself. Just possessing them - either separately or even without any matching gun - is
a no-no. If you say Washington has this, I'll believe you - but CA does have it too.

oni.dori
06-04-2012, 8:29 AM
Does the PC list what specific parts those are, so that we can be sure not to run afoul of the law?

bwiese
06-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Does the PC list what specific parts those are, so that we can be sure not to run afoul of the law?

No, CA legislators didn't know that and the list would be too exhaustive for statue. And no regulations have been created - but the definition is broad enough you have to think.

Fed law is roughly the same though there has been some clarifying agency material from ATF.

oni.dori
06-04-2012, 10:42 AM
How could I expect any more from our state gov? Thanks for the insight.

bwiese
06-04-2012, 2:47 PM
How could I expect any more from our state gov? Thanks for the insight.

Nothing new. Pretty much all law is this way, in different fields, in other states as well.

SJgunguy24
06-04-2012, 5:54 PM

No and I have yet to meet any cop who knows what the hell their looking at or how any of the parts go together to make a FA weapon.
Just keep the hammer spring, disconnector spring, and the selector and sh*t can the rest of the parts and just use a Tapco G2.
You can modify the parts for a pistol build but for all intensive purposes we'll say no to that here.

See Bill, I'm not pushing it on this one;)

motorhead
06-05-2012, 1:11 AM
autosear, f/a disconnector, rate reducer. the autosear spring can be cut to use as an axis pin retainer but shoudn't be kept intact. the 3rd axis pin is identical to the others, so can be kept as a spare as it's not "f/a only".