PDA

View Full Version : C&R + COE Exemption to 1 in 30

littlejake
06-03-2012, 8:30 AM
There has been some confusing information regarding the C&R + COE Exemption to 1 in 30. If I understand correctly, although it's codified in CA law; the problem lies with ATF saying the C&R cannot be used for any purpose other than the transfer of C&R firearms. I know the CA DROS software even has a menu for the exemption to 1 in 30.

Is the C&R + COE Exemption to 1 in 30 in use at this time; or in limbo?

I'm not interested in further C&R acquisitions; and keep my C&R + COE for the Exemption to 1 in 30.

If/when it's gone -- then there's no need for me to keep them.

K/R

Jake

HowardW56
06-03-2012, 8:37 AM
There is a petition pending in California's Office of Administrative Law regarding DOJ's underground regulation...

The statute says ok, DOJ has made up their own rules...

littlejake
06-03-2012, 9:42 AM
Got it -- thanks HowardW.

Ubermcoupe
06-03-2012, 1:07 PM
I used it just this past week to bring home 3 pistols on the same day - It was a neat feeling and one that I could get accustomed to. :)

HowardW56
06-03-2012, 2:32 PM
I used it just this past week to bring home 3 pistols on the same day - It was a neat feeling and one that I could get accustomed to. :)

FFL's that know what the law actually says will unilize the exemption, many will not...

CaliB&R
06-04-2012, 5:28 AM
This was debated and already sorted out I believe. The FFL just has to select '1 in 30 Exemption' from the waiting period exemptions list and not select 'Collector' for it to go thru properly.

HowardW56
06-04-2012, 7:55 AM
This was debated and already sorted out I believe. The FFL just has to select '1 in 30 Exemption' from the waiting period exemptions list and not select 'Collector' for it to go thru properly.

And what happens when the FFL is told not to do that...

hoffmang
06-04-2012, 5:45 PM
And what happens when the FFL is told not to do that...

CGF or Cal-FFL get involved? :43:

-Gene

HowardW56
06-04-2012, 6:02 PM

-Gene

that was my point in post #2 :gene:

SJgunguy24
06-04-2012, 6:08 PM

-Gene

And this guy is on our side.......

Gene "The SLEDGEHAMMER" Hoffman!!!!

wildhawker
06-04-2012, 6:15 PM
Gene is, indeed, a once-in-a-lifetime friend to our cause; please don't forget the FFLs and others who stand tall, together, in an effort to secure liberty for all.

-Brandon

HowardW56
06-04-2012, 6:35 PM
Gene is, indeed, a once-in-a-lifetime friend to our cause; please don't forget the FFLs and others who stand tall, together, in an effort to secure liberty for all.

-Brandon

Where is the LIKE button????

hoffmang
06-04-2012, 7:25 PM

We're simply the reinforcements to the front line troops who have to take the slings and arrows directly.

-Gene

wildhawker
06-04-2012, 8:15 PM
We're simply the reinforcements to the front line troops who have to take the slings and arrows directly.

-Gene

Amen, that.

-Brandon

Icypu
06-04-2012, 8:32 PM
There has been some confusing information regarding the C&R + COE Exemption to 1 in 30. If I understand correctly, although it's codified in CA law; the problem lies with ATF saying the C&R cannot be used for any purpose other than the transfer of C&R firearms. I know the CA DROS software even has a menu for the exemption to 1 in 30.

Is the C&R + COE Exemption to 1 in 30 in use at this time; or in limbo?

I'm not interested in further C&R acquisitions; and keep my C&R + COE for the Exemption to 1 in 30.

If/when it's gone -- then there's no need for me to keep them.

K/R

Jake

As a C&R and COE holder I think the common misconception is to lump all C&R as relics, this means guns older than 50 years old.

The curio part by the ATFs definition is a gun that has significant value other than its function but also defined by rarity and or other abilities. If you use the C&R and COE to buy two handmade guns as a dueling pistol set with sequential S/N, you are well within your rights to buy a Curio gun.