PDA

View Full Version : Apex trigger for M&P

Tghgy2
06-02-2012, 3:35 PM
I had an Apex AEK duty/carry kit installed on my M&P 40. It works as advertised Im happy with it. I just picked up their RAM reset assist mechanism and their AEK trigger to go with it. My question is that on the install video they had to open the trigger bar loop from .006 to .016 to make the loop fully engage the sear. Ive been told by the gunsmith this could be harmfull. any thoughts?

Tjfearl
06-02-2012, 3:43 PM
I have been contemplating giving my M&P 40 the Apex treatment. Im thinking about just doing the Hard Sear. Ive heard that just the sear upgrade makes the trigger smoother.

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
06-02-2012, 3:50 PM
I have been contemplating giving my M&P 40 the Apex treatment. Im thinking about just doing the Hard Sear. Ive heard that just the sear upgrade makes the trigger smoother.

it is true, the only mod I have done to my m&p40 is replacing the sear with this http://www.midwayusa.com/product/551730/apex-tactical-hard-sear-s-and-w-m-and-p-9mm-luger-357-sig-40-s-and-w-steel check my rating out

Tghgy2
06-02-2012, 3:51 PM
Yes the AEK is great. Its smoother and really makes your groups tighter.My gunsmith is just tripping cause he dosent like to play with the trigger bar he says

Bug Splat
06-02-2012, 3:51 PM
Funny I just read this like 20 min ago....

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-pistols/242883-m-p-apex-aek-trigger.html

I really don't see an issue with bending it just a bit. Its an after market trigger and sometimes need some fitting.

Tghgy2
06-02-2012, 4:00 PM
@Bug Splat.. thanks..Hes says to much can make it fire uncontrolably

The Virus
06-02-2012, 4:56 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=579394

The Virus
06-02-2012, 4:57 PM
Yes the AEK is great. Its smoother and really makes your groups tighter.My gunsmith is just tripping cause he dosent like to play with the trigger bar he says

Get a new "gunsmith"

Sam
06-02-2012, 5:06 PM
Apex stuff is top notch and their duty kit is approved for duty by several departments. They wouldn't modify anything if it made your gun function incorrectly.

Shenaniguns
06-02-2012, 9:09 PM
Opening up the trigger bar is normal for the DCAEK even more with the aluminum AEK trigger.

Fherot
06-03-2012, 4:34 PM
I got the hard sear for my M&P45 to see how I liked that before getting anything else.

I have to say it's like a whole new gun, it still has alot of pretravel and its kind of gritty but the actual pull itself is about ~5-6lbs now vs the 120lbs it felt like before. I can actually hit what I generally aim at and don't feel compelled to get anything else from Apex at this time.

RDT
06-03-2012, 9:34 PM
Had the opportunity to shoot a friends with AEK duty kit installed and was a night and day difference between the factory set up. He has about 1000 rounds give or take down the pipe without a hitch.

ZX-10R
06-04-2012, 5:33 PM
Was their at their site for a meeting with them...I brought my 1911 and M&P 45...They let me dry shoot an M&P with the Level 4 service...I was astounded by the difference. I opted to have it done and become a customer...Now it has trigger feel similar to my Colt. I cannot wait to get it back...Works out well since they are now a customer of mine. :D Fair trade.

The difference was night and day as I compared my stock trigger to the Level 4 service they offer...Such a huge difference. Black and white. I love my M&P 45 without this trigger job. It has been reliable and very accurate for me. I can only imagine how much better it will be now.