PDA

View Full Version : What red dot and mount to put on my new Draco?

Gruber51
06-02-2012, 3:23 PM
Just put a Draco in jail today, what red dot should I run. I am not worried about co-witnessing, because I prefer to get the sight higher up anyways. The gun already has a Midwest industry rail but I am very intrigued by the Texas weapon system mount. Any feed back would be great. Thanks.

ChaneRZ
06-02-2012, 3:30 PM
Bushnell TRS-25 or Vortex Sparc.

zfields
06-02-2012, 8:10 PM
The dog leg is hard to get a hole of right now, also check out the parabellum arms mount that came out recently.

If you want to stick with forward optics, check out the US palm top rails for the MI set up that are optic specific.

Press Check
06-02-2012, 8:27 PM
Hard to recommend anything without knowing what the budget is, but on a low budget, the TRS-25 is hard to beat. Not on a budget, I'd have a peek at a T-1.

Gruber51
06-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up on parrabellum I'll have to check that out.

I like aim point t1s and the vortex sparc is popular, but I think a tws dog leg mount with a cmore products rail sight would be awesome. I can put the sight on the foreward rail, but I like mounts farther back better.

Just glad I got a Draco while you still can.

stocksuspension
06-03-2012, 9:16 PM
I have the Texas weapon system rail and highly recommend it. Retains zero and fits as it should

tal3nt
06-04-2012, 1:53 PM
Primary Arms red dot is excellent for the price held its zero on everything I put it on so far from 9mm to 12gauge

zfields
06-04-2012, 3:01 PM
Primary Arms red dot is excellent for the price held its zero on everything I put it on so far from 9mm to 12gauge

I'm running a pa dot, its great after coming close to 6k 762*39

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

tacticalcity
06-04-2012, 3:12 PM
Midwest Industries makes a rail with a lowered top for a wide variety of red dot sights that allows you to cowitness them in the lower 1/3 of the window.

Gruber51
06-04-2012, 5:34 PM
Here's my master plan for discretion. I'm going to take my Midwest industries mini mount with a primary arms t1 clone off of my arsenal slg 31 and put it on the Draco. I am then going to purchase a parrabellum akars mount (which look awesome, I'm disappointed how little info cal guns has on it though) and put it on my arsenal. I am still unsure of what optic to then get for the arsenal. I'm thinking between: vortex sparc, eotech xps, or a cmore sight?

Lagduf
06-04-2012, 8:47 PM
Dracos don't have a side mount optic rail do they?

If you have a side mount rail on your gun I'd throw on a RS Products AKML Mount (http://www.rsregulate.com/products.php) and an Aimpoint Micro sight (or suitable clone.)

Otherwise I'd do as other have suggested and use an MI gas tube mount designed specifically for the optic you have in mind. Do they make one for the Trijicon RMR?

zfields
06-04-2012, 9:17 PM
Here's my master plan for discretion. I'm going to take my Midwest industries mini mount with a primary arms t1 clone off of my arsenal slg 31 and put it on the Draco. I am then going to purchase a parrabellum akars mount (which look awesome, I'm disappointed how little info cal guns has on it though) and put it on my arsenal. I am still unsure of what optic to then get for the arsenal. I'm thinking between: vortex sparc, eotech xps, or a cmore sight?

Why not go with a russian optic? I have a buddy that sells them just under kalinka prices. PM me and I can get you in touch with him.

As for the Parabellum rail, it just came out recently. I've read some good stuff about it. Some say it's not as solid as the TWS, some say its just as good. Time will tell.

Dracos don't have a side mount optic rail do they?

If you have a side mount rail on your gun I'd throw on a RS Products AKML Mount (http://www.rsregulate.com/products.php) and an Aimpoint Micro sight (or suitable clone.)

Otherwise I'd do as other have suggested and use an MI gas tube mount designed specifically for the optic you have in mind. Do they make one for the Trijicon RMR?

Dracos do not have the side mount, and yes there is an RMR model of USPALM/MI rail.

hefedehefe
06-04-2012, 9:22 PM
I used this. It was easy to fit for me without any tools. I'm sure if you have tools it would be even easier. I straight up went outside to the sidewalk and grinded it down using the concrete till it fit right. I am happy with it. Heres a pic of mine

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa44/smoothinoc/IMG_20110811_172505.jpg

tal3nt
06-05-2012, 3:18 PM
That thing is sweeeT

zfields
06-05-2012, 3:26 PM
I really wouldnt trust a dust cover mount like that. I see you have a set screw in there.....still not the strongest of ways to mount it to hold zero.

tacticalcity
06-05-2012, 3:57 PM
I really wouldnt trust a dust cover mount like that. I see you have a set screw in there.....still not the strongest of ways to mount it to hold zero.

I would want the mount to be something permanently bolted on and not on a dust cover which you need to be able to remove. I want to be able to get to and clean the guns without it meaning I have to re-zero the weapon on my next range trip. Plus I would always wonder about the zero since it is not the strongest of mounting options.

But...this is a toy right? Something we shoot more for fun than for defense. So it's not the end of the world if somebody goes more for looks than function.

If you were a PMC or something and going to be using this thing to save your rear...I would worry. Home defense...I would worry. Plinking at the range, eh probably not. Sitting in a safe collecting dust and occassionally taking it out to show it off...cool factor satisfied.

hefedehefe
06-05-2012, 4:17 PM
It works fine IMO

zfields
06-05-2012, 4:17 PM
No offence TC, but I prefer if my guns hold zero even if they are just plinkers. If I'm going out to punch paper, I want it to hit where I aim. I brought of the TWS and Mi top rails on the 3rd post of this thread. I know they hold zero and that's why I use the Mi rail currently.

Gruber51
06-05-2012, 9:38 PM
Thanks for bringing up Russian optics, something new for me to research. Anyone have any experience with these.