PDA

View Full Version : Question about switching uppers

Sturnovik
06-01-2012, 10:21 PM
I was hoping to keep my bushmaster barrel that I have in my carbon 15. I was looking around for stripped uppers since it sounds like I should be able to switch out the barrel and other parts without an issue?

I saw this and thought it was a very good price. http://www.surplusammo.com/aero-precision-ar15-stripped-flat-top-upper-receiver/

Any other suggestions or do you guys think the site is decent and the stripped upper is any good?

Sturnovik
06-02-2012, 10:56 AM
I did someore research, it appears aero is defer quality. Any suggestions guys?

Sturnovik
06-02-2012, 10:57 AM
^ Sorry "decent" quality, on my phone.

shadowofnight
06-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Very nice stripped upper receiver ( The Flag is a nice extra ) , and surplusammo is good to go too.

Sturnovik
06-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I just want to make sure I'm getting compatible parts. So it I take my carbon 15 upper down and remove the barrel, BCM handle and forward assist and BCG am I able to literally just put the parts in or do I also need a barrel nut and other parts?

I wasn't sure if I had to do a new bolt carrier due to tolerances?

Sturnovik
06-02-2012, 7:43 PM
Just ordered the upper this afternoon, thanks for some of the PM's on advice guys! Its awesome theres no need for an FFL.

calbyker69
06-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Just saw this post and checked out this upper. I had posted a while back about my issues with mounting a scope on my Bushmaster. Would this be a good solution to my problem? I don't have the forward assisst on mine, but other then that will it be a direct swap of parts?

Sturnovik
06-03-2012, 7:49 PM
Good question. I'm going off that basis with the new aero percision I just bought. It sounds like as long as it's all the same (milspec) and other stuff we should be good.