PDA

View Full Version : colt 6920ca is it real colt or made by another company

blueviper
06-01-2012, 11:16 PM
wanted to know if cal legal 6920ca is real colt or just sub contracted out and sold under the colt name

heard they are not made by colt lower reciever they are made by another company just sold as colt

G60
06-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Where did you hear that? A gun shop? A gun shop that doesn't sell them? A gun shop that doesn't sell them, but would love to sell you something else?

blueviper
06-01-2012, 11:31 PM
wanted to know colt 6920ca is real colt made by colt or just sub contacted by

another company and sold as a colt heard that lower is made by another

company and stamp with colt and sold by colt

thanks

blueviper
06-01-2012, 11:33 PM
been hearing that lower are not made by colt sub contact it to another company and

then resell them as real colts

Ubermcoupe
06-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I’ve never heard that.

Press Check
06-01-2012, 11:50 PM
been hearing that lower are not made by colt sub contact it to another company and

then resell them as real colts

Sorry, but that's nothing short of nonsense.

Ubermcoupe
06-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Crosspost?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=579234

nitroxdiver
06-02-2012, 8:04 AM
Colts are colts.

rromeo
06-02-2012, 8:08 AM
Somebody is confusing the .22lr Colt M4 which is made by Umarex.

blueviper
06-02-2012, 8:39 AM
sorry not talking about colt 223/ 556 6290ca not 22 umarex

like styer aug the new one they were made by another company not styer

rromeo
06-02-2012, 9:54 AM
It's not like that. Steyr AUGs are made by Steyr. MSAR makes AUG clones, like hundreds of manufacturers make clones of the Stoner/Armalite AR series rifles. My Bushmaster does not have any other manufacturer's name on it.

As I said, whomever you heard it from was likely confusing the .22LR M4s, which are indeed branded as Colts.

sanfermin
06-02-2012, 11:58 AM
no new aug are made my saber defense sold under styer aug its even written on reciever
it was cheaper for them to contracted out

same for springfield 1911 all frames r from brazil even nm serial number which they state
r usa made but not i think 60 percent frame 1911 is made in brazil and rest is finish in
usa which gives them loop hole to say it was made usa /

for colt i was hearing the same thing but not too sure

also bushmaster was sold to another company if u have the low serial number those were the one us government were buying
40000 range serial but
bushmaster up to 300000 serial range but i do not know if us govenment r still buy them from bushmaster , i know fn is supplying the us government and there is another company but i don't know who that would be

urmax are made by walter a german company colt gave them right to produce them same as hk 22 mp5 style those 22 rifle
r all made oversea at different company not by colt or heckler and koch walter make both 22 rifle hk style and colt 22 m4

schneiderguy
06-02-2012, 12:01 PM
no new aug are made my saber defense sold under styer aug its even written on reciever

same for springfield 1911 all frames r from brazil even nm serial number which they state
r usa made but not i think 60 percent frame 1911 is made in brazil and rest is finish in
usa which gives them loop hole to say it was made usa

also bushmaster was sold to another company if u have the low serial number those were the one us government we buying
40000 range but
bushmaster up to 300000 range but i do not know if us govenment r still buy them from bushmaster , i know fn is supplying the
us government now

Colt AR-15s (excluding the .22 Umarex) are made in the US by Colt.

sanfermin
06-02-2012, 12:12 PM
i think so but been hearing rumors that colt are sub contacting them out and selling them as
colt kind of makes a difference if u r paying top dollar for colt should be made by colt

Press Check
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Colt AR-15s (excluding the .22 Umarex) are made in the US by Colt.

/thread

phish
06-02-2012, 12:38 PM
they've been outsourced to Nunya for years
:p

The Gleam
06-02-2012, 4:23 PM
The Colt 6920CA has been made only by Colt alongside all of their other AR models, in their exclusive and modern factory, ever since its introduction.

Here below, is a Colt Custom Shop employee at work, putting the finishing touches on a freshly made receiver. Hand-fitting like this overcomes and compensates for the sloppiness that CNC, EDM, and plasma-cutting can contribute in the production of high-end firearms.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/TheGleam/f5b8addd.jpg

Zula
06-02-2012, 4:28 PM
The Colt 6920CA has been made only by Colt alongside all of their other AR models, in their exclusive and modern factory, ever since its introduction.

Here below, is a Colt Custom Shop employee at work, putting the finishing touches on a freshly made receiver. Hand-fitting like this overcomes and compensates for the sloppiness that CNC, EDM, and plasma-cutting can contribute in the production of high-end firearms.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/TheGleam/f5b8addd.jpg

Yes, this Colt factory is in India and the othe one is located in Sumatra.

Press Check
06-02-2012, 4:46 PM
Poor bastards. Look at those working conditions.

Ubermcoupe
06-02-2012, 5:42 PM
i think so but been hearing rumors that colt are sub contacting them out and selling them ...
Key point is bolded. I have not heard any such rumor.

If you can point to where these rumors are coming from it would be beneficial in researching this topic. If you can’t, than they are just rumors...

r usa made but not i ...

etc, etc.

Not to get all grammar nazi on you, but when you use “texting shorthand” it takes away from the credibility of your posts. :shrug:

dachan
06-02-2012, 8:16 PM
heard they are not made by colt lower reciever they are made by another company just sold as colt

Maybe they are refering to the forging.

sanfermin
06-02-2012, 8:54 PM
went to gun show had bushmaster , colt , another brand ar forgot i think it was panther
all had same marking, small key or dimple on outside mag well and also small key or dimple
on upper , also finish on all the three rifle were same kind ,make me think they are all
contracted upper and lower reciever ? maybe ?

scobun
06-02-2012, 9:00 PM
All AR "manufacturers" are really more like assemblers, even the legendary Colt. No AR company makes every single part in house year in and year out. Colt has sourced a lot of parts for many years from Continental Machine and Tool. CMT made them parts for so many years that finally they decided to go whole hog and created their own house brand...Stag.

They all source parts from each other ad assemble them using their own QC and specs. You can bet that a Colt is made in the USA, but the parts arrive at the Colt factory from many parts of the country.

zfields
06-02-2012, 9:12 PM
went to gun show had bushmaster , colt , another brand ar forgot i think it was panther
all had same marking, small key or dimple on outside mag well and also small key or dimple
on upper , also finish on all the three rifle were same kind ,make me think they are all
contracted upper and lower reciever ? maybe ?

Holy grade school English Batman!

seainc
06-02-2012, 9:50 PM
Sub out some parts to save on cost is the norm of most US defense contractors and they are made in USA for sure. I'm sure whoever are the subs for Colt are follow the instruction from Colt. Nothing to worry about.

StratORcaster
06-02-2012, 9:53 PM
Holy grade school English Batman!

I lol'd

joker70
06-03-2012, 7:49 AM
I don't know who makes Colt's lower receivers but there are 4 manufactures that make almost all the lower receivers for all the AR brands.

Yemff
06-03-2012, 9:27 AM
sorry not talking about colt 223/ 556 6290ca not 22 umarex

like styer aug the new one they were made by another company not styer

usa which gives them loop hole to say it was made usa /

also bushmaster was sold to another company if u have the low serial number those were the one us government were buying
40000 range serial but
bushmaster up to 300000 serial range but i do not know if us govenment r still buy them from bushmaster , i know fn is supplying the us government and there is another company but i don't know who that would be

urmax are made by walter a german company colt gave them right to produce them same as hk 22 mp5 style those 22 rifle
r all made oversea at different company not by colt or heckler and koch walter make both 22 rifle hk style and colt 22 m4

are these the same person?

daybreak
06-03-2012, 9:36 AM
are these the same person?

no, but I'm positive they studied at the same school

bjl333
06-03-2012, 9:44 AM
My guess is some guy saw a .22 M4 and confused it with the real thing.

Full Clip
06-03-2012, 9:46 AM
Poor bastards. Look at those working conditions.

I wish we could ship OSHA there lock, stock and barrel to help them out... :)

ir0nclash86
06-03-2012, 9:53 AM
no, but I'm positive they studied at the same school

Lol ouch.

I sure them is just using there phone to type easier to type faster with not adding periods and caplizition and other english scholl things why people picking on thoseselves yeesh

klewan
06-03-2012, 11:09 AM
All AR "manufacturers" are really more like assemblers, even the legendary Colt. No AR company makes every single part in house year in and year out. Colt has sourced a lot of parts for many years from Continental Machine and Tool. CMT made them parts for so many years that finally they decided to go whole hog and created their own house brand...Stag.

They all source parts from each other ad assemble them using their own QC and specs. You can bet that a Colt is made in the USA, but the parts arrive at the Colt factory from many parts of the country.

+1, Didn't somebody at ARFCOM try to develop a spreadsheet that showed where all the AR vendors got their parts, what they made versus buy outside, parts material specs? Seemed only a couple of them would play ball, that info was "proprietary" for most of them. And of course things change; get new sources, decide to do something in house....

The barrel and trigger are probably the most important parts for how well it shoots. Most of the rest of it is just a commodity at this point and time. The CNC machinery is so good that it really takes a serious lack of effort to make screwed up parts. The machine tells you somethings out of spec....

Gem1950
06-03-2012, 2:52 PM
You got duped into buying that "Colt". I'll take it off your hands and save you any further embarrassment.

sanfermin
06-03-2012, 5:21 PM
zinfield and daybreak red necks sorry for my english i'm from spain northern part sanfermin

cabinetguy
06-03-2012, 7:09 PM
zinfield and daybreak red necks sorry for my english i'm from spain northern part sanfermin

Isnt it San Fermin?

joefrank64k
06-03-2012, 7:19 PM
Isnt it San Fermin?

:) :)

Press Check
06-03-2012, 7:30 PM

LOL!

monorailboy
06-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Heard the lower was made by AeroPrecision and upper is Stag

Dakine_surf
06-07-2012, 10:48 PM
From what I have heard from industry insiders (i'd say this is a pretty good source, but he would litterally slit my throat in the middle of the night if I revealed his true identity ;) ) the lower is indeed manufactured by another company, it helps colt save money and focus money on "other parts" of the rifle.

In the end, who the f cares... the lower has little to do with the accuracy and you can bet colt has set high standards on QC.

Maddog5150
06-08-2012, 3:39 AM
http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i51/5/4/25/frabz-English-do-you-speak-it-0e950a.jpg

TNP'R
06-08-2012, 4:39 AM
Its made by I.O inc :rofl2:.

problemchild
06-08-2012, 5:27 AM
Look closely inside the magwell and you will see the words "Made in China".

Mamluke
06-08-2012, 9:39 AM
From what I have heard from industry insiders (i'd say this is a pretty good source, but he would litterally slit my throat in the middle of the night if I revealed his true identity ;) ) the lower is indeed manufactured by another company, it helps colt save money and focus money on "other parts" of the rifle.

In the end, who the f cares... the lower has little to do with the accuracy and you can bet colt has set high standards on QC.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_9uV1v0oeyY8kpxVXR2bDkUFVUJO8Y RHm1aBxXrr9qhnh84zoENNNPUq7

Dakine_surf
06-08-2012, 9:56 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_9uV1v0oeyY8kpxVXR2bDkUFVUJO8Y RHm1aBxXrr9qhnh84zoENNNPUq7

I am meaning in regard to whether it is made in the same facility that the upper is made. In the end, as long as it is made to Colt's QC standards, it doesn't matter where it is made or who it is made by... Colt knows what they are doing

monorailboy
06-08-2012, 1:42 PM
Face it...everything is mil-spec.....mil-spec dimensions etc. They are all the same any way !! just different names.

pistolero805
06-09-2012, 8:25 AM
I believe the upper and lower receivers are forged by Cerro Forge (keyhole stamp) and finished by Colt.

Sunday
06-09-2012, 8:33 AM
Face it...everything is mil-spec.....mil-spec dimensions etc. They are all the same any way !! just different names. There is more to milspec than just the dimensions. http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/milspec/