PDA

View Full Version : I really want a SP89K clone, how to get one in CA?

xxxx
06-01-2012, 8:03 PM
As the title says. I know there are a few companies out there, I know they are pricy (all over $1000). I would like the closets possible as I can get to the HK design (roller rocker). I saw this:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1026.aspx

Anyone know anything about it? Any good? Possible to get it into CA? What would the BB situation be like?

kpinole
06-01-2012, 11:03 PM
I recall mostly good reviews for that pistol. Atlantic should be able to make that CA legal for you, just give them a call.

SJgunguy24
06-02-2012, 4:50 AM
Get the Vector, hands down the finest HK clones on the market (next to an IGF custom build) and they'll ship to Valkyrie Arms. We had 5 of them earlier in the year, all sold within 2 weeks.

morrcarr67
06-02-2012, 5:39 AM
As the title says. I know there are a few companies out there, I know they are pricy (all over $1000). I would like the closets possible as I can get to the HK design (roller rocker). I saw this:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1026.aspx

Anyone know anything about it? Any good? Possible to get it into CA? What would the BB situation be like?

Atlantic Arms is a member her and they will make these CA compliant for you. Send them a PM or email.

walmart_ar15
06-02-2012, 6:59 AM
Being a pistol, it will likely need to be SSE. The hurdle will be the 6" barrel. SP89, or all HK variants have a fixed barrel generally needs to be machine "pressed" out so it is not easily swapable.

Stn Raddlock for an HK will fix the mag for you.

Turbinator
06-02-2012, 7:02 AM
Get the Vector, hands down the finest HK clones on the market (next to an IGF custom build) and they'll ship to Valkyrie Arms. We had 5 of them earlier in the year, all sold within 2 weeks.

Were they brought in as SSE, or how?

Turby

Capybara
06-02-2012, 7:42 AM
I just saw a Turner Fabrication MP-5 the other day, it was nice but the machining and welds looked pretty rough for the cost. I have a Vector Uzi, Vector makes good stuff, their HK clones are the best on the market and cost it.

The Bellator you linked to is not in the Atlantic California Legal section, there might be issues with SSEing and or adding a bullet button to it or they would have it in the California legal section. This might be the Turner Fabrication I saw the other day, the price is similar and it looks like it http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1140.aspx

Not sure of you have your heart set on a pistol but as an Uzi carbine owner with the wooden stock, personally I find the CQB pistols in semi auto to be almost pointless. They work in FA because you can point and spray, but in semi, not so much. They look cool but are big and heavy enough that your arms will quickly grow tired holding them up like a pistol. Even though they don't look as cool, you will probably shoot and get more useful position and ergonomics from this http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1051.aspx Same with my Uzi. If we could legally have short, folding stock length carbines in Cali, an SBR with a folding stock would be the ticket but not legal here. Good luck and let us know what Atlantic says about the Bellator.

BTW, I have researched the Bellator as well there are a bunch of other no name HK clones, all made by the same guy, Todd Bailey. Let's just say that Todd does not have a reputation for quality, warranty work and support. You can explore on this board for more people who know him and have first hand experience with his products. He has put out MP5 variant clones under half a dozen different brands and most have not nice things to say about the quality and support. http://arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=149114

That's why I strongly suggest Vector, they are good people and have good support, I have experienced it first hand with my Uzi. I will definitely buy a Vector if I ever get serious about an HK clone. The real HKs cost upwards of $15k now so I will probably never buy one. But for a little over $2k, the Vector will give you 85% of the build quality and experience of a semi-auto HK.

ptoguy2002
06-02-2012, 8:39 AM
As mentioned, the standard K does not have a barrel long enough to SSE, and there is no easy way to extend it.
If you wanted a K-N / PDW version, with threaded or three lug barrel, you can put an extension on to make it SSE'able. I'm not up to speed on whether or not the extension needs to be permanent, but I was going to weld on an extension to a three lug flash hider, and then tack the latch closed, which should cover that and make it easy enough to reverse. Of course that starts getting into custom stuff.

Also, as mentioned, these firearms are impractical from a California stand point, so unless you really have your heart set on an HK-K, you are better off with something else.

Another option would be to roll your own from a flat.

NSR500
06-02-2012, 9:47 AM
Find an MKE AT 94K.

KMosley
06-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Check out www.KellyEnterprises.net they seem to specialize in the Vector Arms german v-series weapons, and I have also confirmed that they are willing to assist in california compliance. I am in no way affiliated to the site noted above, simply stumbled upon them during a search.

tonelar
06-02-2012, 12:56 PM
beware that some of the knock offs are straight blow back (not delayed roller)