PDA

View Full Version : CZ SP-01 "Paid in Full" @ Turners question

SdBoltz
06-01-2012, 2:05 PM
I'm a little curious if someone can fill me in since I'm not too Saavy on the process.... this is the first "Out of Stock" purchase I have made. Now to be clear I'm not mad a Turners at all... not one bit. More at myself and even moreso at the process. I think I'm just looking to be educated on how the distribution of weapons from the distributors works....

About a month ago I paid for a SP-01 in full at Turners. There were none in stock so they just told me I would get a phone call when they get one in. Which was fine... I want it so bad and I understand they fly off the shelfs so I was seriously prepared to wait a few months for it.

But here's my issue... As posted in a different thread SoCal guns had 3 unclaimed SP-01's ready for walk in purchase. Not even on a list.

In addition to that my Brother got his hands on one out in El Cajon via walk in... and here I am still waiting for a phone call. It's just a little frustrating seeing the weapon I'm on a "waiting List" for that has already been paid for... sit behind the glass at various other stores. Is there a reason why these weapons keep going to places OTHER than Turners even with it being already purchased? I would figure CZ would deliver to those gunshops that have an "Already paid for" queue for their product.

I may be completely ignorant to the process, but I'm sure some of you can see why I am frustrated. I'm kicking myself for jumping the gun on the purchase and its not like I can just cancel my order otherwise I lose $215.00 deposit.... I should have shopped around a little more. I have no one else to blame but myself but GRRRRRRR... A bunch of my buds are hitting the range for my bday and I wanted to show off my newest addition. Instead... I sit here, on a "list." :mad:

Clearly I could use some more patience... Im just tired of staring at all the pictures on this site of all of your SP-01's =\

21SF
06-01-2012, 2:11 PM
Go in and raise hell, tell them other dealers in the area have been stocked.

May help may not, lol. Maybe they will refund you just to get rid of you.

Bug Splat
06-01-2012, 2:19 PM
Lesson learned :(

Never put money down for a out of stock item. Do your own searching to find the gun you want because shops like Turners will not spend more than 5 minutes looking for it. $10 says they forgot about you. Call them up and ask them to find you a gun. If they can't, demand your money back in full and take the fight up as high as it needs to go.

SdBoltz
06-01-2012, 2:36 PM

Never put money down for a out of stock item. Do your own searching to find the gun you want because shops like Turners will not spend more than 5 minutes looking for it. $10 says they forgot about you. Call them up and ask them to find you a gun. If they can't, demand your money back in full and take the fight up as high as it needs to go.

Yeah that seems to be the consensus from other gun owners I talk to. A little follow up never hurt anyone though, I'll just ahve to check back frequently so they dont forget about me.

My bro was on the waiting list for 8 months for his Socom II but I thought that was simply because the weapons was so hot back then... Good thing is, at least its paid for and I wont spend the money on something stupid. I just hope the wait isn't too much longer than I initially thought it would be.

But does anyone know how the distribution works? That really my biggest inquiry. How Gun Shop "a" gets 3 guns to sit on their shelf, while gun shop "b" has an already paid for one that is waiting delivery?? Or is it simply a matter of the amount of effort the gun shop puts in to finding weapons for its paying customers.

Ah well... as you said. Lesson learned. :nopity:

daybreak
06-01-2012, 2:40 PM
I am pretty sure it's just a case of turners dropping the ball. If you paid in full, there is no reason someone should be able to walk in and buy one today, ahead of you.

whipkiller
06-01-2012, 2:46 PM
Ouch, I feel your pain on this one. When I was searching for mine nobody had them and were quoting anywhere from 4 months to "You can pay for it and we don't really know when we'll get one".

I got lucky and found one in stock, and I can tell you the upside of this is that at some point (hopefully sooner than later) you will be the proud owner of an absolutely awesome handgun.

It seems that the supply of CZ's has definitely gotten better recently.

Maybe go plead your case @ Turner's (without being a dick) and try to get someone to put in that "Extra Effort" for you.

Good luck, and be patient. You will soon have a great shooter.

Arkangel
06-01-2012, 2:50 PM
I just called Turner's ( Kearny Mesa)... Spoke with Mark, he said its $650 and he might be able to find one at another location. Seems if I show up they will call around and ask.

ke6guj
06-01-2012, 2:54 PM
But does anyone know how the distribution works? How Gun Shop "a" gets 3 guns to sit on their shelf, while gun shop "b" has an already paid for one that is waiting delivery?? Or is it simply a matter of the amount of effort the gun shop puts in to finding weapons for its paying customers.

CZ makes guns, distributors buy guns from CZ, there are probably a half-dozen major distributors that wold then stock those CZ guns. They might place an order from CZ in January at the SHOT show for the shipping allocation for the entire year.

So, as CZ makes the guns, they fill the orders for the distributors based on outstanding orders that may have been placed months ago.

Then, your dealers buy from the various distributors. If they have them in stock, then your dealer gets it shipped to them, otherwise it is on backorder from the distributor. But another distributor might have them in stock, but you dealer would need to check their inventory and have a dealer accoutn set up with them. That is why one shop might be able to always get that CZ when needed, whereas another shop has them on backorder all the time.

Now, some dealers are large enough to place direct orders to CZ, but if CZ ships to XYZ distributor before filling 123 gunshop's order, then it is possible for 456 gunshop to order from XYZ and have them on the shelf while 123 is still on backorder.

ke6guj
06-01-2012, 2:55 PM
I am pretty sure it's just a case of turners dropping the ball. If you paid in full, there is no reason someone should be able to walk in and buy one today, ahead of you.note that the OP's Brother got his from a different gunshop, not Turners. It isn't like Turners was filling walk-in sales before backorder sales in this case.

SdBoltz
06-01-2012, 2:57 PM
Ouch, I feel your pain on this one. When I was searching for mine nobody had them and were quoting anywhere from 4 months to "You can pay for it and we don't really know when we'll get one".

I got lucky and found one in stock, and I can tell you the upside of this is that at some point (hopefully sooner than later) you will be the proud owner of an absolutely awesome handgun.

It seems that the supply of CZ's has definitely gotten better recently.

Maybe go plead your case @ Turner's (without being a dick) and try to get someone to put in that "Extra Effort" for you.

Good luck, and be patient. You will soon have a great shooter.

Yeah thats true... more than anything its simply my own impatience thats giving me any grief... Call it jealousy or envy for those who are getting them... but at least in the end game Ill eventually get it.

Its just being that I typcially lean towards weapons that are not sitting on the shelf and may have a waiting list on them... I was really curious to know how CZ itself distributes the weapons, if its random... or based of orders or who knows what. So in the case of me pre prurchasing a weapon I have a little more "know how" on the process of that weapon reaching the gun shop.

I guess my question was more distributor based than gun shop based. if that makes any sense. Anywho... let me slap that patience hat back on and get back in line!

Meety Peety
06-01-2012, 2:58 PM
Last time I was at the Kearny Mesa Turners, there was a guy in front of me who had done the same thing, but with a scope and I believe it had been somewhere around the 2 month mark of his wait. So he finally went in and asked about it.. several of the people behind the counter looked around for one, but couldn't find one. I must have heard each one of them say "Yea I sold one of those last week" etc. They had ordered plenty, but turned around and just sold them all without giving the guy a phone call. Can't say for sure that the same thing happened to you, but I'd probably bet money on it.

daybreak
06-01-2012, 2:59 PM
note that the OP's Brother got his from a different gunshop, not Turners. It isn't like Turners was filling walk-in sales before backorder sales in this case.

I replied in a different thread that I remember someone last month walked into a turners and they had one in their system, as in at another store or at the warehouse and he bought his on the spot. I recall him saying there was another one in the system.

I know it was last month because it was after I found mine at a LGS

SdBoltz
06-01-2012, 3:00 PM
CZ makes guns, distributors buy guns from CZ, there are probably a half-dozen major distributors that wold then stock those CZ guns. They might place an order from CZ in January at the SHOT show for the shipping allocation for the entire year.

So, as CZ makes the guns, they fill the orders for the distributors based on outstanding orders that may have been placed months ago.

Then, your dealers buy from the various distributors. If they have them in stock, then your dealer gets it shipped to them, otherwise it is on backorder from the distributor. But another distributor might have them in stock, but you dealer would need to check their inventory and have a dealer accoutn set up with them. That is why one shop might be able to always get that CZ when needed, whereas another shop has them on backorder all the time.

Now, some dealers are large enough to place direct orders to CZ, but if CZ ships to XYZ distributor before filling 123 gunshop's order, then it is possible for 456 gunshop to order from XYZ and have them on the shelf while 123 is still on backorder.

Bam you nailed it.. thank you sir. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Mr.1904
06-01-2012, 3:59 PM
Go in and raise hell, tell them other dealers in the area have been stocked.

May help may not, lol. Maybe they will refund you just to get rid of you.

That, is a bad move. Turner's is a completely different company, with completely different orders, and possibly completely different sales guys.

Who says the pistols at the other shops weren't backordered for months beforehand before they got them in stock?

Be patient. The most viable option is to get your money back from turners if possible and go pick up the gun at So Cal Guns. Problem solved.

Just because one gun store has the pistol does not automatically, by default, mean that other area gun stores HAVE to have their orders fulfilled at the same exact time.

Mr.1904
06-01-2012, 4:02 PM
Also, Turner's is a chain. Not one sole store. So their stock probably gets received elsewhere and than distributed to each satellite store accordingly. Also, you might not be the only one waiting throughout their entire store network. There may be someone out there that has been waiting for their order to be fulfilled for twice as long as you.

Socal Guns = Mom and pop, brick and mortar shop

Turner's = Chain store. Lots of different locations to manage.

paul0660
06-01-2012, 4:08 PM
Not much motivation to do anything when you hand them $600 and all they hand you is their restocking charge policy.

Mr.1904
06-01-2012, 4:11 PM
Not much motivation to do anything when you hand them $600 and all they hand you is their restocking charge policy.

My argument is (or would be) that there's nothing to restock if they physically don't have it.

paul0660
06-01-2012, 4:17 PM
My argument is (or would be) that there's nothing to restock if they physically don't have it.

This sounds familiar, I think there was another thread like this with an outcome. It isn't like that gun is going to sit for weeks when and if it shows up.

Reread the OP, it was a deposit. Any reasonable store would refund that..........but find the gun somewhere else first !

A-J
06-01-2012, 4:52 PM
Turner's terms state very clearly:

If htis transaction is cancelled for any reason, purchaser agrees to pay a cancellation fee of $50 or 30% of the purchase price, whichever is greater.

And the OP paid in full, just like I did with the 3 I have on backorder that are already paid for.

Mr.1904
06-01-2012, 4:55 PM
This sounds familiar, I think there was another thread like this with an outcome. It isn't like that gun is going to sit for weeks when and if it shows up.

Reread the OP, it was a deposit. Any reasonable store would refund that..........but find the gun somewhere else first !

Yea, keyword is Reasonable. Getting harder and harder to find places as such.

22popnsplat
06-01-2012, 5:08 PM
I think i would approach the problem with the good guy attitude for a full refund , Ask for the person that has authority to do it . Work you'r way up the mangement chain if needed . When that fails i could and would then be very unpleasent on a daily basis in the store at the gun counter and make sure that anybody at the gun counter knows what they are doing .

mod1217
06-01-2012, 5:30 PM
I did it twice on Turners Signal Hill before.

They wont charge you restocking fee if they dont have the firearm in stock even if you payed for it in full. I really dont know if Turner's SH is the only one who does it but I doubt it, and actually I use it as part of my strategy.

If i like a certain firearm and cant find it in-stock anywhere then I go to turners and place an order for it, usually Turners would have it before all my local shop have it back in stock but if not I would just do a refund with Turners and they are happy to do it, and just go and purchase the firearm in another store.

As I said I did it twice already one is for a WASR 10 (ended purchasing it at Ammo Bros) and the other is a SIg P2022 end up purchasing it from RifleGear

odslim
06-01-2012, 5:31 PM
I just went through the same thing with turners with my m&p .45, before i paid for it in full, they searched there stores cause they can obtain anything in stock from other location and of course the warehouse with no luck. First I was told it could about a month out, I had no problem with that and paid for it in full. It got closer to that so I went back in and inquired, and there new statement to was that the gun and most M&P could be out for at least 60 to 90 days.:mad: I calmly walk out drove away THINKING hard. These were my options via turners manager, so obviously the gun had to be shipped from S&W to the turners warehouse, once the gun is in warehouse they go by priority from the list top to bottom, the sucky part is depending on how many guns the manufacturer sent turners, it could be 100 or even 2. so what I did to see if turners was BS...ing me, I called S&W myself and inquired, it ended up being true, they had so much back orders to fill it wasnt funny to them. So I waited and expected the worse for the gun to come in 4-5 months, ended getting a call from the turners location where I purchased and started the dros.

Here how they work and options to the OP..

Since the gun isn't in there warehouse, you technically dont have a serial number which also means you didnt start your dros yet..So you have an option to pick another firearm if you cant wait, but depending hpw good you are with the manager there and is't a *****, he can refund your money in full! Not that 30-50% bull crap. Just as long as you didnt obtain a serial number, if you did and they gave you one, you'd be completing your dros and picking it up after 10 days.

Also if you go on the main forum page scroll down to the turners vendor page, you can ask Bill (turners online guru for calguns) hes been pretty good answering questions about most inquiries.

Id say wait for it!

compulsivegunbuyer
06-01-2012, 5:40 PM
If they do not have it in stock, then do not buy it from Turners. They will never call you. And they will hold your deposit hostage. You can roll it over, but no refund.

SDRider858
06-01-2012, 5:57 PM
OP...I have personally been with a friend who had deposited money on a XD which was not in stock at the warehouse or any other chain store, so he was not able to start the DROS process (similar to you)..the very next day turners calls him to say they have them in stock and to come down to start the dros.

My friend did not return to turners for at least 4-5 weeks, and when he finally did, he asked for a 100% refund which turners gladly did. I assume you went to the one in Kearny, the manager over there is a cool dude and Im sure he will understand where your coming from. To be honest, they move a ton of firearms at that store and he could probably care less.

I would just try and track one down, once you do, ask for your refund at turners....Keep your options open

photorog
06-01-2012, 7:08 PM
If you get a refund, I held one at Ammo Bros in Ontario last Saturday. $699. Nice gun! but I just bought a CZ P01 so I'm dros'd out for a while.

whipkiller
06-01-2012, 9:31 PM
Thought this pic might help while you wait...

Sorry, had to.

SdBoltz
06-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Here how they work and options to the OP..

Since the gun isn't in there warehouse, you technically dont have a serial number which also means you didnt start your dros yet..So you have an option to pick another firearm if you cant wait, but depending hpw good you are with the manager there and is't a *****, he can refund your money in full! Not that 30-50% bull crap. Just as long as you didnt obtain a serial number, if you did and they gave you one, you'd be completing your dros and picking it up after 10 days.

Also if you go on the main forum page scroll down to the turners vendor page, you can ask Bill (turners online guru for calguns) hes been pretty good answering questions about most inquiries.

Id say wait for it!

Yeah I'm denifetly going to wait for it. I just got over excited coming here and drooling over everyone's weapons. When I saw the SP-01's at the other stores, unclaimed it rubbed me wrong but that is no ones fault but my own.

I know the gun flies off the shelves.. I know there are many of them on backorder. I was, more than anything, being a whiney biotch. :facepalm: Once I was educated on the distribution of the weapons things were a lot better.

As I said before, I was more confused on how CZ distributed them, not Turners. Turners has been straight forward the whole time. I jsut got to get in line and be patient. In the end... it will defnitely be worth the wait.

Thanks for the info though.. A lot of good learning material in this thread... for me at least.

SdBoltz
06-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Thought this pic might help while you wait...

Sorry, had to.

You are an evil person. :nono:

Lol.. well played.

89 Vision
06-12-2012, 12:28 PM
You can also PM Bill who's on this forum a lot. Just check out the Turner's page in the Vendors area. He is a good guy and knows how to get things done. If ever I have any issues with any Turner's stores (and I've done business with all but 2 of them), he's my go-to guy. On a side note, I bought a gun that was out of stock from Turner's a couple years ago. I patiently waited close to 10 weeks for it to get back in stock......how's that for a cooling off period?

Lead Waster
06-12-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm guessing a full paid off item is off their radar. If you just put in the deposit then they have to work to get the rest of the cash. they already banked the profit from your sale.

This reminds me of contractors and if you pay them in advance or pay in full, they stop coming to your house and working while they do other work. Keep the money for after the service/goods are delivered.

This is BS though. You should complain to them and they should go hunt other shops for the item to get to you.

I ordered my CZ-75b SA from Impact Guns. They sold it to me, but then told me they didn't have one in stock and it would be 2-4 weeks. I called Buds and they had one actually in stock so I ordered it from them. I called Impact to cancel the order and the CS lady told me she had tracked one down at another gun store, but I told her I had already made another order, so she cancelled from them. So it doesn't seem unlikely that a shop could get the stock from elsewhere to make the sale. But again, OP already paid in full, so less incentive there.

Also, since it's election year, guns are flying off the shelves. If turners gets one in and someone else wants to buy it, well then since they have OPs money already and he hasn't been calling in complaining...why not sell it to the other guy? (I'm guessing, I don't know if they would do this, but it doesn't seem unreasonable)

MrExel17
06-12-2012, 1:10 PM

^^ Thats what I do nowadays, I learned my lesson many times, good luck OP.

FisterD
06-12-2012, 2:46 PM
Any update on this?

Teaser pic to get you motivated again :cool:
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg630/FisterD/CZ75SP01Tactical40.jpg

drunktank
06-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Been in your shoes. It was for a CZ 75b AND a CZ75SA a month later.

I got my cash back on both. Didn't lose A CENT on deposit. Talk to a manager or PM me.

cfusionpm
06-12-2012, 10:34 PM

Depends on the location and staff. Dan at Kearny Mesa has always taken good care of me. Had an XD45 Compact in stock several months ago after not seeing one for months before, should have bought it. Couple weeks later, went in and told him to find me one. Got a call about a week later that they had the serial for the one on order and I could start my DROS before it got to the store if I wanted to. Gun came in that thursday, I picked it up following monday.

Kappy
06-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Damn... my local shop has had a 75B in 9mm he can't seem to get rid of. He's even talking about lowering the cost on it.

Euphoria526
06-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Haha my club has 1 more P-01 in stock, I just got the other.

rubber duckie
06-13-2012, 1:23 AM
lesson learned?

first: never ever put money down on guns that are out of stock, you will never know when its back in stock.

put down a name and number at the very most.

second: do not buy from turners unless its on sale at a really good price.

third: ALWAYS buy online. i got my sp-01 last month for 650 out the door. gun was dropped of at my local FFL the same week it was ordered.

-hanko
06-13-2012, 1:13 PM
But does anyone know how the distribution works? That really my biggest inquiry. How Gun Shop "a" gets 3 guns to sit on their shelf, while gun shop "b" has an already paid for one that is waiting delivery?? Or is it simply a matter of the amount of effort the gun shop puts in to finding weapons for its paying customers.

Ah well... as you said. Lesson learned. :nopity:
Shop "A" ordered and paid for 3 guns, Shop "B"/Turners has probably not even ordered one...had they, they could give you their purchase order number and expected delivery date.

If I shopped guns based on gun store "effort", Turners wouldn't even be on my list.

Hope you paid by credit card...if so, dispute the charge for no merchandise received, get your $$$ back, and find a store that gives a $h1t.

I'd also suggest you post a link to this thread on the Turners Outdoorsman section in the Vendors Forum.

Good luck.;)

-hanko

Maddog5150
06-13-2012, 1:21 PM
God damn you guys are funny.

OP, first step is to CALL Turners and ask them instead of starting an interwebz riot. There is no need to raise hell, there is no need to make demands. Turners isnt going to charge you a cancellation fee for something they dont have in stock. Call them, explain that it will take too long to get you a gun and that you would like a refund. If they dont have the firearm, they arent really cancelling anything.
Take your money and get your gun and you be a happy camper.

No need to dispute a card, no need to bomb a buidling. Damn sometimes people crack me up because it seems that for people who cling to guns so much, internet people seem too afraid to walk in or call to have their questions answered.

BlackReef
06-13-2012, 1:36 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is desirable about the CZ-SP-01? They seem to be in demand. Anyone want to brief me on this firearm?

Thanks

elfstone
06-13-2012, 1:38 PM
Just recently, Cali. stores have gotten a shipment for CZ guns so that is what OP reads on the forums as helpful members what to share the prized info of where an SP-01 is at. (I was one who was hunting for it).
But ya once you committed to Turner's they got you.

tacticalcity
06-13-2012, 2:08 PM
I am guessing there would be ATF & possibly even DOJ paperwork that would make doing what you want cost prohibitive. If they have had issues in the past taking items out of one store's inventory and processing them into another store, and gotten dinged for it during past inspections, they have set a policy simply not to do it in order to avoid fines.

ATF and DOJ audits make IRS audits seem like a romantic evening out with a hottie.

whipkiller
06-13-2012, 2:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is desirable about the CZ-SP-01? They seem to be in demand. Anyone want to brief me on this firearm?

Thanks

The ergonomics fit my hand better than any of my other guns, (my 1911 follows close behind) it is the most intuitive & naturally pointable gun I've had the pleasure of shooting. It's more like an extension of me than it's something I'm holding. The steel frame absorbs felt recoil very well for fast follow up shots.

Better beavertail than the regular 75B and comes w/nightsights.

Couple that with great accuracy, reliability, and value. It's priced hundreds of dollars less than guns that I consider to be of similar quality.

tacticalcity
06-13-2012, 3:42 PM

Thanks

They put a CZ75 in Call of Duty Black Ops and suddenly everybody and their brother wanted to know more about the brand.

Half kidding. ;)

While a lot of guys already knew about and liked CZ, once a CZ was featured in a Call of Duty game suddenly people had CZ fever. It is kinda funny how a movie or a video game can cause a huge uptick in popularity for a particular brand. It was common place for movies over the years. Dirty Harry did it for S&W revolvers, Leathal Weapon did it for the Beretta 92, Die Hard 2 did it for Glock as did US Marshalls. John Woo's Chinese language film The Killer caused the 1911 to surge in popularity globally for a while. These are just a few examples. Call of Duty is the first video game I know of to do it to this degree. As these gamers look into the brand, they learn there is a newer and more improved CZ compared to the one in the game and go for it. Of course, not all people into CZ were introduced to it via the video game...and even if they were they would probably deny it.

BlackReef
06-13-2012, 3:59 PM
Thanks whipkiller and tac city.

Looks like a cool gun, but Im going with a Gen4 Glock 20 10MM

moohahahahauauahhaahaha

BlackReef
06-13-2012, 3:59 PM
Thanks whipkiller and tac city.

Looks like a cool gun, but Im going with a Gen4 Glock 20 10MM

moohahahahauauahhaahaha