PDA

View Full Version : Glock Trigger Pull Weight

capturedlive
06-01-2012, 7:03 AM
Just picked up my Glock 19 last night, and i have to say the only thing I don't like about it is the 6-1/2 lb trigger. Gun Store Guy explained (which I already knew) how trigger pull weight depends on the individual and the purpose of the gun (carry, range, etc), but since I intend to use it in multiple ways, I'd like to find a "sweet spot" where I don't feel like I'm squeezing walnuts to get a shot off. I'm guessing 3-4lbs? Any other Glock owners, if you switched out your trigger, what pull weight did you change it to?

BlackDrop50
06-01-2012, 7:12 AM
.25 cent trigger job and dry firing practice will get you there.

Brandon04GT
06-01-2012, 7:14 AM
I've heard good things about the 25 cent trigger job....I plan to try it out whenever I get around to buying my first block

modls7
06-01-2012, 7:26 AM
3.5 lbs on mine.

DRAB_81
06-01-2012, 7:40 AM
I have learned to love the stock trigger as is. I have heard that a good polish job & throwing in a GEN 4 "dot" connector will make a nice trigger in a GEN 3 (probably around 4.5#). You'll probably have to swap out the trigger spring & striker spring to get at or under 3#. I didn't like the mushy break I felt with all the 3.5# connectors I tried, and I didn't want to deal with light strikes so I didn't mess with the striker springs.

You might want to look at the Ghost Rocket Ultimate Kit.

Sam
06-01-2012, 7:50 AM
I like a minus connector and a polish job. The minus is rated for a 4.5 lb pull. It's probably as low as I'd go for my purposes, carry and general range use.

Pugster
06-01-2012, 8:48 AM
I swapped the trigger on my G19 with the Glock OEM 3.5 lb trigger bar. The Glock 3.5lb bar has never given me any issues.

teflondog
06-01-2012, 9:52 AM
Cleaning and lubing the trigger bar, connector, and safety plunger helped smoothen up the trigger for me. It took a lot of grit out of the take up, which decreased the perceived trigger pull. A lot of dry fire practice helps too.

I tried the 3.5 connector but found that it made the trigger reset less pronounced so I switched back to the original.

Tee Why
06-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I think stock trigger pull is rated at 5.5 lb's. I recall my glock's trigger getting a bit smoother and lighter after breaking it in. Personally, I like my trigger pull stock.

If the gun is brand new, put a few hundred more rounds thorough it and check to see how it breaks in. If you still don't like it, as others have mentioned, there are trigger jobs available to lighten the trigger.

Shenaniguns
06-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Try out the 25 cent trigger job before you even change the connector. I'm running the "."/ATF connector which is stock in the 4th Generation 9 and .40's and had CGF member Supersonic polish up the internals and the trigger feels great now.

xSARSx
06-01-2012, 11:27 AM
i think you are correct tee why stock trigger pull is rated at 5.5lbs. i also did keep mines stock as well. i just learnt to love it.

Bug Splat
06-01-2012, 11:52 AM
+1 on the 25cent job. I love my glock trigger. I shoot my glock better than every other pistol I own. 100,000+ dry fires over 13 years does not hurt ;)

capturedlive
06-01-2012, 12:04 PM
All right, I'm getting the picture. Before I do anything rash like switching out triggers, shoot a few hundred rounds, try cleaning & lubing the trigger parts, and then try the 25-cent job. It's not like I'm eager to switch parts anyway, so that sounds like a good plan. Thanks, everyone.

Turbinator
06-01-2012, 1:20 PM
+1 on the 25cent job. I love my glock trigger. I shoot my glock better than every other pistol I own. 100,000+ dry fires over 13 years does not hurt ;)

Glocks rule! Mine has been in my hands since 1997 now, and I'm not even the first owner. That would be 15+ years old!

Turby

far from tactical
06-01-2012, 6:53 PM
i got a 3.5 trigger pull on mine and i love it

Don the savage
06-01-2012, 7:33 PM
If you dont want to go too light the ghost ranger is nice, equivalent to the glock - connector

tal3nt
06-01-2012, 8:01 PM
LISTEN TO ME! Forget all that aftermarket junk, just swap out that nazzty textured glock 19 trigger assembly with the glock SEVENTEEN assembly. This does nothing except give you a smooth faced trigger to place your finger on when you squeeze. Do the 25 cent thing, but just use FLITZ. Fire 1,000 rounds and you will have a much better, smoother, slightly lighter trigger. If you're still not satisfied, go buy those silly parts as a last resort.

USMC 82-86
06-01-2012, 8:16 PM
I like the stock trigger. It is worlds lighter than the DA triggers on my HK and Sig. I have no problem shooting those guns in DA and I believe the DA on the HK is around 12-14lbs.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
06-01-2012, 11:26 PM
For a carry pistol, I use the Glock minus connector and polish the friction points, no more. My carry 19 and 27 are so equipped. I wouldn't recommend those modifications to anyone else unless the user is willing to put in the practice required to handle the lighter pull in stressful situations safely (yes, that's a disclaimer!).

For a competition pistol, I like the ZEV Competition Spring Kit and trigger housing with overtravel adjustment and a Glock minus connector; no changes to the trigger geometry needed. The trigger is smooth and light, just a little mushy in takeup.