PDA

View Full Version : M&P mags

DirtRacer151
06-01-2012, 12:12 AM
How does S&W limit the 10rd mags? I want to add some base bads for mag seating. The Arredondos would be nice but i don't think they would fit the 10rd mags. I'm sure if they did fit i'd have to fill them with epoxy or something so the mags still only held 10.

Anyone know of some good base pads for the M&P 10 rounders?

G60
06-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Base pads are not compatible with 10 round m&p mags. Unlike Glock or XD magazines, which use effectively a single stack tube with standard base plate, the m&p mags use a really short magazine tube and a big honking base plate thing that is more like a block than a plate.

DirtRacer151
06-01-2012, 8:34 AM
In looking at pics of the 10s I can see what you mean. Thanks for the response. Guess ill have to figure something else out.

nocomply25
06-01-2012, 9:12 AM
I am confused. Are you trying to make the standard mag only hold 10 rounds? If that is the case i think its better to just keep your standard mags for shtf situation and purchase some 10 rounders.

NorCal Einstein
06-01-2012, 9:25 AM
Base pads are not compatible with 10 round m&p mags. Unlike Glock or XD magazines, which use effectively a single stack tube with standard base plate, the m&p mags use a really short magazine tube and a big honking base plate thing that is more like a block than a plate.

This.

On 10 round M&P mags your baseplate and your block are one in the same. Any baseplate manufacture like Arredondo would have to create a whole new product that incorporates the block in their baseplate as well.

You can see the 2 pieces of the magazine in this picture. That whole plastic assembly is one piece and that is what slides in/out of the tube.

Google picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Roymond/daguns/DSC01317.jpg

Avedis
06-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Youll need to run the 17rd magazines in order to run base pads.

44mag.com has fair prices on magazine rebuild kits

Plenty of companies make a base pad for the M&P
Taylor Freelance Base Pads
Arredondo Base Pads
Speed Shooter Specialties Base Pads
ETC

DirtRacer151
06-01-2012, 12:37 PM
This.

On 10 round M&P mags your baseplate and your block are one in the same. Any baseplate manufacture like Arredondo would have to create a whole new product that incorporates the block in their baseplate as well.

You can see the 2 pieces of the magazine in this picture. That whole plastic assembly is one piece and that is what slides in/out of the tube.

Google picture:

Thank you. I get how they work now.

I guess maybe I can try to glue a bumper of some kind to the bottoms then.