PDA

View Full Version : Riflegear Price Increases!

OC_Gunner
05-31-2012, 8:20 PM
Looks like Riflegear is cashing in on the demand of components. They finally got the tactical solutions .22 uppers in and increased the price $30. New Frontier complete lowers went from $99 to $109 (thankfully I already had one in jail at $99). I was planning on adding a stripped lower to my pickup since my DROS is still open but who knows how much they will cost next week!

On the plus side, the zombie lowers are back in stock....

railroader
05-31-2012, 8:34 PM
Looks like Riflegear is cashing in on the demand of components. They finally got the tactical solutions .22 uppers in and increased the price $30. New Frontier complete lowers went from $99 to $109 (thankfully I already had one in jail at $99). I was planning on adding a stripped lower to my pickup since my DROS is still open but who knows how much they will cost next week!

Maybe what they pay went up too.

Checkk
05-31-2012, 8:38 PM
Yeah I notice that too, some of the lower receiver prices went up $10. But anyways I will still buy from them.

TheHammerOfTruth
05-31-2012, 8:39 PM
RG never had the greatest prices anyway.
BTW, you cant "add" an additional item to your DROS at pick up.

Personmans
05-31-2012, 8:39 PM
I noticed the CMMG M4LEP 22LR upper went up 15-20% too.
Specifically, old price:
http://aadefense.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_16&products_id=602
New Price:
http://all-in-general.com/product_info.php?products_id=69727&osCsid=57ebf785f8fd378c3abb5a2dd0c852a1

Same company on both links, by the way... but you can't order from the aadefense.com site. Already contacted them, they said CMMG raised the prices and they won't sell for $332.45.

I guess my point is that manuf. may be raising prices, not just vendors.

chead
05-31-2012, 8:40 PM

They are pretty good and yes you can.

Guapoh
05-31-2012, 8:40 PM
2008 welcomes you.

TheHammerOfTruth
05-31-2012, 8:43 PM
Im sorry, but you can't. You haven't been able to do that since you have had to declare the number of long guns on your DROS form. The number that is on it the day you buy it, is the number of guns you can pick up on your pick up day. Think I'm wrong, make the call yourself to the DOJ. I'm sure they will be happy to explain it to you.

OC_Gunner
05-31-2012, 8:47 PM
It depends on how many guns you declare on the DROS. If you say two and only pay for one upfront you can add another at pickup!

chead
05-31-2012, 8:48 PM
I saw someone do an "open" DROS last week. Don't close the 4473, done.

mlevans66
05-31-2012, 8:49 PM
With the price of gas in Ca only things will continue to go up in price. This place is spreadig the "FAIL" around to everyone. :(

chead
05-31-2012, 9:40 PM
Gas has been slipping the last few days, thankfully. I have to fill up every day, it hurts.

OC_Gunner
05-31-2012, 9:58 PM
I understand the need to take price.

FourLoko
05-31-2012, 10:17 PM
those are some pretty small increases

waaahhh

OC_Gunner
05-31-2012, 10:19 PM
10%ish

just pointing out prices are increasing to offset the demand (even though that's rather obvious)

NSR500
05-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Geez...

Some people never learn from history. 2012 will be like 2008, but worse.
It ain't the problem of your LGS if panic buying is driving up prices.

loosewreck
05-31-2012, 11:19 PM
Yup, nothing new. And prices ain't ever gonna go back down to what they were.

I really hate this cycle. Consumers start freaking out and sellers help perpetuate the panic. We serious shooters suffer.

As far as RifleGear, I like them because they have great service, cool inventory and reasonable, but not super low prices. For low prices I'll go to Turners when what I want is on sale.

thedrickel
05-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Im sorry, but you can't. You haven't been able to do that since you have had to declare the number of long guns on your DROS form. The number that is on it the day you buy it, is the number of guns you can pick up on your pick up day. Think I'm wrong, make the call yourself to the DOJ. I'm sure they will be happy to explain it to you.

And then when you ask them to point to a penal code or CCR which explains their position, they stammer, huff and puff, and tell you they don't have to do that. If I was a dealer I would put 9999 (the maximum) on every long gun DROS, and on the form, cross it out and write in the correct number. They say that messes up their statistics . . . I say big whoop, wtf do I care about your statistics?

They also say you can't transfer long guns on a handgun DROS, but can't point to any code or regulation which backs up that position.

Maddog5150
05-31-2012, 11:37 PM
And then when you ask them to point to a penal code or CCR which explains their position, they stammer, huff and puff, and tell you they don't have to do that. If I was a dealer I would put 9999 (the maximum) on every long gun DROS, and on the form, cross it out and write in the correct number. They say that messes up their statistics . . . I say big whoop, wtf do I care about your statistics?

They also say you can't transfer long guns on a handgun DROS, but can't point to any code or regulation which backs up that position.

Hmmmmm. I challenge you to open an FFL and do this and tell DOJ, "big whoop, WTF do I care?" I would love to see the response and how often audits would happen in your store.

Dhena81
05-31-2012, 11:43 PM
Riflegear has good prices

Javi
05-31-2012, 11:48 PM
Aero Precision lower is still $89. Phew! I'm good :cool:

thedrickel
05-31-2012, 11:50 PM
Hmmmmm. I challenge you to open an FFL and do this and tell DOJ, "big whoop, WTF do I care?" I would love to see the response and how often audits would happen in your store.

Take the CGN time machine back to my posts in '07 and '08. BTW there are thousands of FFL's in CA and <10 BOF field agents.

Solidux
06-01-2012, 4:21 AM
Damn it. I was LITERALLY waiting for this weekend to buy 3 more. Damn it.

TwinStick
06-01-2012, 8:27 AM
Have you also noticed that they're out of stock on almost everything. Things are worth what people will pay for them, not a penny more or less.

Dirtbiker
06-01-2012, 8:46 AM
It's supply and demand but I'll bet their costs have risen too.

Do you think the building they're in is cheap to rent??

1911su16b870
06-01-2012, 9:18 AM
It allways amazes me when someone is putting down thousands of dollars on rifle, optics and gear to complain about a $30 price increase = 1 box of ammo...:eek:

That is the great thing about this sport...if you want inexpensive, then go C&R!

Javi
06-01-2012, 9:43 AM
That is the great thing about this sport...if you want inexpensive, then go C&R!

Inexpensive til you get to the range :) $35 for a box of 20 isn't fun but reloading is a great solution.

shark92651
06-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Picked up my Sig 716 from them and the price went up about $300 from time I put my name down for one to dros time without being notified. Didn't know till they rang me up. I almost didn't purchase the rifle regardless of the excuse I was given, but I really wanted this damn hard to find rifle plus I drove far in traffic to pick it up. I just wish they notified me of the price changeor give me the original price when I got on the list for one. But this is one sweet rifle and still very worth it. Welcome to the CA supply and demand economy in 2012 during election year.

SIG raised their prices by $200 and are very slow to deliver. We then located some from a distributor that were even more expensive and we decided to bring them in anyway because so many people were on the waiting list for this rifle. We called customers that were waiting for this rifle and gave them the option of buying one that we got from the distributor or waiting for the units to come in from SIG. I'm not sure how you came in to start the paperwork without that conversation happening though since we call people to let them know when a rifle on a waiting list is available for them and we discussed the price increase on this rifle with the people we called. Sometimes customers are so excited to hear a message that their rifle is in stock that they just drive in without listening to all the details of the message or calling us back. I'm not sure if that happened in this case but clearly there was a miscommunication. There is no way we can afford to stay in business selling rifles at cost. We also don't take a deposit to get on our waiting list so it's not like we had an agreed upon price on an invoice or anything like that.

New Frontier has raised the prices on their polymer lowers - have you seen the price increase to $109 on their website? The latest shipment of Tactical Solutions uppers is the first we have received in seven months. In a week they will be gone again. I think our modest price increase on these is reasonable. This isn't like 2008 when overnight vendors were selling stripped Stag lowers for over $300. When actual price gouging happens it is pretty obvious.

glock7
06-03-2012, 8:19 AM
everything is going up, election year, eotw, choose one. i don't think prices are exponentially going up...yet.

JDW67
06-03-2012, 8:35 AM
No big deal, I'm not going to buy anything till 2014...

ANG Tactical
06-03-2012, 11:06 AM
With the price of gas in Ca only things will continue to go up in price. This place is spreadig the "FAIL" around to everyone. :(

Right there with you.

BDH
06-03-2012, 1:25 PM
You are in an election year, similar to 4 years ago when the big rush started. Until it's over, it's the cost of doing business. Unlike gasoline, firearms prices came back down to a semi-reasonable level.
Bruce

Mossy Man
06-03-2012, 2:10 PM
I just purchased an order from riflegear....good prices and FAST shipping.

A+ will buy from again.

KING_PALM
06-03-2012, 2:51 PM
tacsol uppers there were 50 bucks cheaper than most places anyways..

RG gets the sales from me anyways..

jcaoloveshine
06-03-2012, 3:54 PM
prices follow supply/demand.

riflegear has always been an honest and customer-friendly store, they gotta do what they gotta do to keep up. it's more reflective of our overall state of gun ownership rather than what one store is doing to make a buck.

madland
06-04-2012, 2:48 AM
It depends on how many guns you declare on the DROS. If you say two and only pay for one upfront you can add another at pickup!

That's what I did..only I didn't get a 2nd when it came time to pick up my RG stripped lower. BTW, prices haven't changed on those. And once again the guys there were way cool. I've been to Ammo Bros in Ontario and had my 4yr. old son with me..asked if he could use the bathroom..after a bit of resistance I told them he could either piss on their floor or they could let him use it. They finally said yes after a minute of checking with the manager. And the restroom is in the office area whereas RG's is behind the counter where everything is on display. Asked the guys at RG if my boy could use the head there..not a bit of hesitation.."Come on back..1st door on your left." RG gets my business!! My .02

azthig69
06-04-2012, 1:23 PM

No offense...but that's not true. I was asked while doing the DROS and last
Friday during pick-up if I want to "add".

motorwerks
06-04-2012, 1:45 PM
Romanian AKs just went up a little on AK builder too.

arsilva32
06-04-2012, 2:34 PM
That's what I did..only I didn't get a 2nd when it came time to pick up my RG stripped lower. BTW, prices haven't changed on those. And once again the guys there were way cool. I've been to Ammo Bros in Ontario and had my 4yr. old son with me..asked if he could use the bathroom..after a bit of resistance I told them he could either piss on their floor or they could let him use it. They finally said yes after a minute of checking with the manager. And the restroom is in the office area whereas RG's is behind the counter where everything is on display. Asked the guys at RG if my boy could use the head there..not a bit of hesitation.."Come on back..1st door on your left." RG gets my business!! My .02

so they passed the kid needing to use the head test, well thats good enough for me:D

TheHammerOfTruth
06-04-2012, 11:02 PM
No offense...but that's not true. I was asked while doing the DROS and last
Friday during pick-up if I want to "add".

Then your dealer made an honest mistake.