PDA

View Full Version : just to be clear

zachseaman
05-31-2012, 8:14 PM
would i be able to walk to the range with my rifle in a guitar case with mags/ammo in another compartment in the bag?

MrPlink
05-31-2012, 8:25 PM
Its not a pistol, so I dont even know why they would have to be in another bag..

but yeah, should be GTG.
Check the calguns wiki if you want more details, there is a section dedicated to this.

Man, I wish I still lived that near to the range..

zachseaman
05-31-2012, 8:30 PM
cool thanks man. yeah i dont have a car but i was gonna go investigate that new range in stanton that opened up recently.. still a bit of a walk, but ive walked further. do you know the legalities of doing the same on a bus?

cranemech
05-31-2012, 8:32 PM
would i be able to walk to the range with my rifle in a guitar case with mags/ammo in another compartment in the bag?

If your transporting through a GFSZ the case must be locked to comply with Federal law.

Gun must be unloaded, no loaded mag inserted, ammo okay in same container

See here:

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Transporting

MrPlink
05-31-2012, 8:38 PM
If your transporting through a GFSZ the case must be locked to comply with Federal law.

Gun must be unloaded, no loaded mag inserted, ammo okay in same container

See here:

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Transporting

maybe you should read the link, there is no requirement for the mag to be out of the rifle.

As far as the bus goes, Im not sure.
I have taken my rifle on the bus a few times, but it was in a locked hardcase.

Personmans
05-31-2012, 8:44 PM
His post says 'loaded mag', fairly sure the police would have an issue with a loaded mag in any gun during transportation.

chead
05-31-2012, 8:45 PM
Most ranges have rules posted that require at least a soft case case for all firearms. In my opinion it's rude to walk in with an un-cased gun without asking unless you know otherwise or there is signage to that effect.

Mis-read the OP. As long as you aren't walking through a GFSZ, it's fine. But there has been more than one Calgunner in trouble for un-knowingly being in a GFSZ.

zachseaman
05-31-2012, 8:46 PM
hmm. guess i should look into getting a hardcase. im pretty sure i live within 1000 feet of a school, so isnt the vicinity around my house technically considered a gun free zone? i hate hippies

Personmans
05-31-2012, 9:04 PM
Yep, as soon as you're on the sidewalk/street off your property, you're in violation. There are exceptions if you are bringing it to or from your car, but I think that's about it.

I can see why there is a GFSZ law, but 1000' is pretty ridiculous in some cases (like living nearby)

Merc1138
05-31-2012, 9:09 PM
Yep, as soon as you're on the sidewalk/street off your property, you're in violation. There are exceptions if you are bringing it to or from your car, but I think that's about it.

I can see why there is a GFSZ law, but 1000' is pretty ridiculous in some cases (like living nearby)

What?

Ok then, please tell us what good the GFSZ does. I want to know how many criminals it has stopped. Oh that's right, it never stopped anything because criminals don't obey the laws in the first place. The only thing that the GFSZ has done is make simple things like going to the range a logistical mess for people, and other people ending up in court when they were doing absolutely nothing wrong otherwise. The GFSZ is probably one of the most insane anti-gun laws on the books that we have to put up with. If you're in an urban area, it's almost impossible to travel more than maybe a half mile without crossing a GFSZ. If you're driving down the highway in a rural area, you run the risk of crossing a GFSZ.

C0vyxgJLJVA

Stop thinking like an anti.

zachseaman
05-31-2012, 9:25 PM
haha! i should carry one of those with me for next time i get into a sticky situation with some thugs. it will fit on a keychain, thatll show them. but for real, those zones (a) cover way too much area and (b) theres shootings and stabbings at my local parks and schools alot more than other places.

artoaster
06-01-2012, 6:08 AM
GFZ's...If it saves the life of one child then it's worth it, by golly.
:rofl2:

ChrisTKHarris
06-01-2012, 6:13 AM
Is Antonio Banderas your idol?

http://www.girlpants.org/manpants/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/guitar-gun.jpg

cranemech
06-01-2012, 2:03 PM
His post says 'loaded mag', fairly sure the police would have an issue with a loaded mag in any gun during transportation.

:thumbsup:

Someone is paying attention