PDA

View Full Version : Browning Sweet 16?

Cessnapilot89
05-31-2012, 6:06 PM
Does anyone here have experience with a Browning Sweet Sixteen? I was looking for an A5 for a while and saw this one at a local shop. It is an FN made A5, full choked, marked as a Sweet Sixteen on the side, has an X prefix to the serial number. I have never owned an A5 or a Sixteen gauge before and was wondering if there were anything that I needed to be careful with. No pictures yet, but will have some this weekend when I pick it up.

hk91666
05-31-2012, 6:14 PM
Does anyone here have experience with a Browning Sweet Sixteen? I was looking for an A5 for a while and saw this one at a local shop. It is an FN made A5, full choked, marked as a Sweet Sixteen on the side, has an X prefix to the serial number. I have never owned an A5 or a Sixteen gauge before and was wondering if there were anything that I needed to be careful with. No pictures yet, but will have some this weekend when I pick it up.

My brother In fla has one it is a sweet shooting gun although shells can be hard to find.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Thefeeder
05-31-2012, 7:04 PM
The "X" suffix ran until 59 or 60.....wonderful shotgun with quality in and out.

Have a 1965 since i was 12......love it........never been in a shop, replaced anything or failed.

shells are out there .......most will not carry 16ga.....lots of choices and easy to get online

BigDogatPlay
05-31-2012, 7:26 PM
If I had the opportunity to buy one I would, they are solid shooters and hold their value well as most Brownings will.

16 gauge shells can be hard to find but Midway always has them in stock. Having a 16 or two is also a very good reason to start reloading.

:D

elsolo
05-31-2012, 8:48 PM
I started with one owned by my stepdad in 20ga, got one in 12ga when I was 18. I remember him looking for a sweet 16 for a really long time, but now he's too old to hunt and sold off most his shotguns. He kept the 20 ga browning though.

Cessnapilot89
06-01-2012, 8:11 AM
Thanks guys for the information. Should be picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait to get this to a range.

tpuig
06-01-2012, 9:18 AM
Wait for the $5 shipping at Cabelas, Midway or Sportsman's Guide and stock up...

Ribkick
06-01-2012, 3:38 PM
16 gauge shells can be hard to find but Midway always has them in stock. Having a 16 or two is also a very good reason to start reloading.
:D

This is what I was going to say. They can get expensive if shooting any of the clay games. Reloading becomes a must do.