PDA

View Full Version : Sarco 9mm 1911 Barrel....Range time

walmart_ar15
05-31-2012, 5:58 PM
Just FYI for those looking for 1911 9mm barrels, Sarco have them back in stock.

I had to use a #5 link to tighten up the action with this barrel. It is definitely a drop-in. Fairly loose fit up in the RIA 38 Super. Barrel tang is loose and cut undersized on the breach face, and slight movement in barrel lug to slide fit. Won't win any accuracy award with this barrel.

Cycles dummy rounds flawlessly. Will range test later.

----------------

At range, clean the barrel, oiled the gun and let it rip. For a budget barrel, it performed better than expected. At ~20 ft, the 5 shoot will group under 1" if I do my part. Continous blasting (~ 40 rnds) will provide a single rag hole about 2". Too bad Sarco couldn't leave more metal on the barrel for a better fit. In any case, it definately will out shoot me.

Put about ~100+ rnd through it without a single hicup. Regardless if I use the 38 Super or 9mm mags. It seems to cycle faster than 45, and felt a bit more zip to it. I am using a 6" barrel however, so maybe it is getting a little velocity boost. I'll prob use the 16# spring next time instead the factory 14#.

Not too bad for < $60 investment.

Press Check
05-31-2012, 6:28 PM
Won't win any accuracy award with this barrel.

That's an understatement. :)

InGrAM
05-31-2012, 7:39 PM
At least you can swap between 38 super and 9mm for cheap. Beats the hell out of paying a smith to convert the gun.

Mine locks up tight, but I guess there are inconsistencies in RIA's barrels.

walmart_ar15
06-01-2012, 3:49 PM
At least you can swap between 38 super and 9mm for cheap. Beats the hell out of paying a smith to convert the gun.

Mine locks up tight, but I guess there are inconsistencies in RIA's barrels.

No issue with RIA's barrel. I am looking at Sarco's barrel. Roto-4M I believe is actually an US company.

hornswaggled
06-01-2012, 4:38 PM
I bought Sarco's mil spec kit to try and solve a problem with one of my 1911s. The problem ran deeper, but the slide kit and barrel they provided were good to go.

LovingTheYear1911
06-01-2012, 5:34 PM
I've never had an issue with my Sarco barrel. It locks up tight and honestly, its pretty darn accurate.