PDA

View Full Version : WASR 10 question

DinoPJR
05-31-2012, 4:57 PM
Hey turners. Do you guys inspect the WASR 10 AKs for any problems before you sell them? Front canted sights etc. Because I know most of the time at turners you don't get to inspect your actual firearm before DROSing it. I dont want a lemon. Thanks!

DinoPJR
06-02-2012, 9:42 PM
anything? I know you guys just had the rahauges so when you can get me the answer that would be great

SemperFlexibus
06-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Hey turners. Do you guys inspect the WASR 10 AKs for any problems before you sell them? Front canted sights etc. Because I know most of the time at turners you don't get to inspect your actual firearm before DROSing it. I dont want a lemon. Thanks!

I've put firearms on layaway sight unseen, but never DROS firearms without seeing them at Turner's. They always pull the firearms from the back, have me inspect and confrm the serial numbers at the time of DROS.

AK all day
06-02-2012, 11:45 PM
That's your job sir.

DinoPJR
06-03-2012, 6:40 PM
Dillon jury. That is the most useless answer. I am asking Turners. not you.

DinoPJR
06-03-2012, 6:45 PM
Plus the one time I did a gun buy at turners. They did not have it in store and said it is in there warehouse. So I am just asking a question other gun shops do quality control on the WASRs, So I am curious if Turners does so.

xoutxkastx
06-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Plus the one time I did a gun buy at turners. They did not have it in store and said it is in there warehouse. So I am just asking a question other gun shops do quality control on the WASRs, So I am curious if Turners does so.

I picked up a WASR AK double stack from Turners. They had it in stock and was able to see the item before DROS. I've shot 100 rounds so far and no issues. Was able to hit 100 and 200 metal targets no problem. Maybe try calling your local Turners to see if they have any in stock to check out.

DinoPJR
06-04-2012, 5:44 PM
ya thats what I will do again. The chick that answered the phone didn't know and then i was put on hold and never got back to. Ive already got a WASR and love the thing never had a ftf or nothin.

Batman
06-06-2012, 9:03 PM
With rifles, as there's no serial number listed (yet) on the DROS, you would be able to check out the rifle and if there's an issue have them swap it out with no problems on the DROS. At the same point, I had a similar situation with a New Vaquero a few years ago, where it came with a pretty obvious scratch on the frame. They swapped it out and took care of the DROS right on the spot when I picked it up. Great service from the Orange store!! :)

MigNoche
06-07-2012, 8:45 AM
Look for a triangle stamping on the front trunnion with an arrow in it. Those receivers are higher quality that others.

"As of 2008, there are GP WASR-10/63 rifles which are being made from demilled military rifles. Look for a triangle with arrow (some only have a triangle) on the front trunnion. Quality is much better with these." - Wikipedia

Below is a pic of my WASR 10/63. BTW, I purchased it from www.riflegear.com