View Full Version : sig sauer front sight replacement

05-31-2012, 1:37 PM
I own a Sig Sauer 2022 handgun, I like to change the factory sights for night sights, is a dovetail front post and I think it would be easy to do it without a gunsmith, I'm thinking to use a driver or punch tool with some ducktape in the tip to not damage the metal and carefully to slide it out of the dovetail using a small hammer, my question is, does somebody have experience doing that? if I don't have a special tool to change the front sight is there any better way to do it?

Thank you very much
I'm in Breckenridge, CO

05-31-2012, 1:53 PM
Contact Sig, mail in the slide, wait 2 weeks or less, and pay $134. Not much more than the cost of the sights.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

05-31-2012, 2:43 PM
The factory sights are plastic so getting them out with a punch will be a huge pain. You'll have to be VERY careful to not break them.

It is worse with the night sights because if you break the tritium vial you have (kind of, but not really dangerous) radioactive stuff leaking out.

Unless you want unusual night sights I would recommend sending the slide to Sig. Since the slide isn't a gun you can use normal shipping methods if you don't send them the frame.