PDA

View Full Version : H&K USC Buttstock Compliance

troyJPX
05-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Anybody know if my USC still California legal once I replaced it with another USC buttsock its been cut and fused and fixed as picture attached! My current USC has a bullet button with 16:1" barrel lenght, Im thinking of putting this fixed buttstock.

Thank you,
Troy

Sicarius
05-31-2012, 1:04 PM
CA isn't the issue as long as you had a BB beforehand BUT you may be in violation of Federal 922r.
Kevin

troyJPX
05-31-2012, 1:10 PM
First off I would like to thank you for a quick response, so then If I put three or more US made parts then I am not breaking the law with this fixed buttstock? It will be compliant with Federal 922r?

Thnx again Sir,
Troy

jchen76@gmail.com
05-31-2012, 1:37 PM
It's the non-sporting issue that triggers 922r. It's like taking a stock saiga and doing a conversion to accept AK magazines.

You need to replace 3 already existing parts on the USC to take then the stock. If buttstock was US made that would 1 part. If not you can pick up more parts here.
List of 922r parts
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-UMP-922r-Compliant-Parts-c313.htm

Magazine follower/spring counts as two parts if using US made.
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-UMP-US-Made-Magazine-Compliance-Kit-196p1167.htm

Sicarius
05-31-2012, 1:56 PM
Yes, replace 3 or more foreign parts with US made parts and you will be good to go. Mag parts and sear would be the cheapest route.
Kevin

dachan
05-31-2012, 2:00 PM
You should be fine. That cut and fused stock appears to be a original USC stock that has been modified, 922r does not come into play. CA law also isn't an issue because you're changing a thumbhole stock into a stock plus pistol grip, normally CA AW features, but a moot point for you since you have a bullet button. Finally the cut and fuse doesn't affect OAL, so if it was originally over 30", you should still be over 30" and legal in CA.

troyJPX
05-31-2012, 4:02 PM
Thank you everyone & my best regards :)

Sicarius
05-31-2012, 4:14 PM
You should be fine. That cut and fused stock appears to be a original USC stock that has been modified, 922r does not come into play. CA law also isn't an issue because you're changing a thumbhole stock into a stock plus pistol grip, normally CA AW features, but a moot point for you since you have a bullet button. Finally the cut and fuse doesn't affect OAL, so if it was originally over 30", you should still be over 30" and legal in CA.

Err... That does in fact trigger 922r. The rifle was imported with a thumb hole for a reason. Feds don't recognize a thumb hole as a pistol grip but they do recognize a pistol grip as a pistol grip. Only CA does not differenciate the two. To change the original imported configuration will trigger 922 period.
Kevin

HKDoc
05-31-2012, 4:24 PM
As a side note, that stock looks really good. Who did the modification for you and how much did it cost?

NorCal916
05-31-2012, 4:31 PM
As a side note, that stock looks really good. Who did the modification for you and how much did it cost?

^this!! Where can I get one??

Grumpyoldretiredcop
05-31-2012, 7:18 PM

Go onto the HK Pro forum (hkpro.com/forum) and look for member "Tbostic". I think he can help you.

azthig69
05-31-2012, 8:22 PM
First off I would like to thank you for a quick response, so then If I put three or more US made parts then I am not breaking the law with this fixed buttstock? It will be compliant with Federal 922r?

Thnx again Sir,
Troy

Just get a Promag USC mag, that's 3 US parts.

troyJPX
05-31-2012, 10:26 PM
I am buying it from HKpro gunner for $150, it was built by no other than Mr Tom Bostic, Its what i am doing to my USC for now until I get enough fund for a complete UMP conversions.

Long Rifle
05-31-2012, 10:52 PM
I am buying it from HKpro gunner for $150, it was built by no other than Mr Tom Bostic, Its what i am doing to my USC for now until I get enough fund for a complete UMP conversions.

Link?

Sure is a lot cheaper than the $600 HERA stock, but looks exactly alike. Me want. :D

cosmos0665
06-01-2012, 12:58 PM

PM me for Tom's email or contact him at HKpro. He did a lot of work for me already, SL8, G36 and USC. Since you guys are talking about USC, he did a conversion for me that looks exactly like an UMP stock for the same price.

seainc in correct. I posted his email address earlier but did not take SPAM into account. Hopefully it's not too late.

seainc
06-01-2012, 2:07 PM
Just a suggestion, use PM for Tom's email so he will not get SPAM. :D

My USC to UMP conversion by Tom.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=8593475&postcount=1

Here's Tom's email. He did a lot of work for me already, SL8, G36 and USC. Since you guys are talking about USC, he did a conversion for me that looks exactly like an UMP stock for the same price.