PDA

View Full Version : What year was my USA p226 made?

mc21
05-30-2012, 8:41 PM
I did a quick google and calguns search but came up empty. Maybe I didn't use the correct combination of words but anyways, I am hoping someone can help me here. I would like to find out what year my p226 was made. It is a USA made one so no proof code for the year under the barrel. I have no problem with it being USA made even if everyone tells me that the Germany ones are better. I cleaned it, lubed it, and shot 200 flawless rounds through it today. It was as accurate as you can ask a handgun to be. Just need to break it in some more so that the slide catches when the mag is empty. I shot this way better than the USP but I am not sure if that is just the gun or if I am informed on the proper shooting techniques after reading them here on calguns.

Anyways, just hoping to find out how old my gun is :) Thanks!

Oh one more thing. My p226 came with one 9mm mag and one .40cal mag?:nuts:
Need to call tomorrow when the manager is in to get it replaced.

InGrAM
05-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Give a serial # or the first 3 digits.

This will help
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7320040262

mc21
05-30-2012, 10:30 PM
There isnt a label on the outside of the box where to model # is listed and also the serial number? (Should be 3 labels)

Never even looked at the case... haha I examined every inch of the gun but did not look at the side of the case. 11-Jan-2012. and prefix is UU which means all USA made according to the link given above. Thanks guys. This should have been figured out on my own but I guess I was not looking at the right places.:TFH:

Also just wanted to make sure that I was suppose to get two 9mm mags instead of one 9mm and one labeled as .357 and .40 mag.