PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to wear down ar15 Wolff STD hammer spring? ?

bloodhawke83
05-30-2012, 7:41 AM
Its a replacement from the dpms STD lpk and my last issue on my 22lr blow back bcg.

Its limiting me to a few ammo brands that cost arm & a leg.

It prevents the bcg to reset the hammer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bloodhawke83
05-31-2012, 8:58 AM
No one with any ideas?

Dhena81
05-31-2012, 9:07 AM
Why do you want the wolf spring to work so bad. Replace it with the one that was working if nothing was wrong why were you looking for a solution for something that didn't exist.

bloodhawke83
05-31-2012, 9:51 AM
Why do you want the wolf spring to work so bad. Replace it with the one that was working if nothing was wrong why were you looking for a solution for something that didn't exist.

nothing was working.

Dhena81
05-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Maybe you should post this in the rimfire section and provide more info into what your using ammo, manufacture of parts, rifle, home build, ect. The title is very confusing because it seems like you have a higher power spring and you want to know how long it will be so high tension.

bloodhawke83
05-31-2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe you should post this in the rimfire section and provide more info into what your using ammo, manufacture of parts, rifle, home build, ect. The title is very confusing because it seems like you have a higher power spring and you want to know how long it will be so high tension.

posted months ago, since most of those people don't have ar-15's they don't respond.

mod move this to: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=114 ??

FeuerFrei
05-31-2012, 3:39 PM
more info needed.
dedicated upper? drop in 22 kit?
dpms standard hammer?
resets manually but no go when you shoot it?
cases eject but no reset?
using a lighter hammer spring now?

bloodhawke83
05-31-2012, 7:21 PM
more info needed.
dedicated upper? drop in 22 kit? dedicated upper, cmmg bolt and barrel
dpms standard hammer? dpms LPK, replaced the springs with wolff, same tension
resets manually but no go when you shoot it? depends on the ammo, like on the win m-22 22lr, it will cycle the round but not reset the hammer everyother shot. rem thunderbolts work and cci ar tachical works.
cases eject but no reset? yes
using a lighter hammer spring now? its about the same as the dpms, my other ar-15 has the "extra power" hammer spring and that didn't work too.

my comments in bold.

FeuerFrei
05-31-2012, 8:03 PM
okay great.
i tuned up a lower that uses a 22lr cmmg upper for a friend and the hammer had a notch on the front (dpms kit) so i tried another hammer from another kit without the notch and it worked great.
http://cdn1.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/ARR-325.jpg
good luck.

gunnerstuff
05-31-2012, 9:32 PM
Yup, had same problem. Seems that the 22lr just does not have enough energy to always/reliably reset a standard GI trigger group. My 22 upper would work great/flawless with my 2 stage, a Jard, and RRA match triggers. All these had lighter trigger/hammer reset. And so a weaker hammer spring (midwayusa has them for a few bucks) solved my problem with a GI trigger group. May be it sounds weird, but I wanted an A2 patterned dedicated build 22lr.

Hope that helps.

bloodhawke83
05-31-2012, 9:41 PM
^^ looks like midway is kinda short on hammer springs.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?&sortby=1&itemsperpage=20&newcategorydimensionid=9712