PDA

View Full Version : H&K P30 & P30S

GodSpeed
05-30-2012, 3:49 AM
Hey All,

I've been on the hunt for some time and been trying to narrow down my 9mm handgun acquisition.

I am pretty set with going with H&K - the USP was a tad too big, USPc wasn't enough for my grip so that leaves me only with the P30, and I'd prefer the P30S model.

Seems like this will have to be an SSE process.

Has anyone gone through this or have any experience they can share - I'd appreciate it. :cool:

I would love to grab one soon so if anyone can recommend anyone reputable around the OC area - that'll be great.

Paperchasin
05-30-2012, 4:52 AM
At the very top of the page, there is a thread dedicated to SSE, including those FFL's that can perform the SSE conversion as well as those FFL's that are willing to transfer/DROS SEE converted guns. This thread can be found here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692). My recommendation is Ryan at Table Rock Arms. He can SSE a P30S for you and ship it down to OC Armory (Mike is awesome) where they will transfer/DROS the gun for you for a small fee. Last time I spoke to Ryan at Table Rock tho, the P30s are in very short supply and he has no idea when he will will be able to get his hands on any.

lwlaml
05-30-2012, 5:57 AM
I think the closest SSE dealer to OC is DirectActionSolutions.net in Solana Beach. They do sell the HK P30 and the HK45.

Hey All,

I've been on the hunt for some time and been trying to narrow down my 9mm handgun acquisition.

I am pretty set with going with H&K - the USP was a tad too big, USPc wasn't enough for my grip so that leaves me only with the P30, and I'd prefer the P30S model.

Seems like this will have to be an SSE process.

Has anyone gone through this or have any experience they can share - I'd appreciate it. :cool:

I would love to grab one soon so if anyone can recommend anyone reputable around the OC area - that'll be great.

fennecfrank
05-30-2012, 6:03 AM
You can have Ryan at Table Rock to do the SSE and have him send the pistol to Straightline Tactical, which is located in Anaheim. I just did 2 1911's this way.

OC Armory and Rifle Gear also accept SSE.

GlennG31
05-30-2012, 10:20 AM
OC Armory in Laguna Hills does accept SSE pistols. However, I believe they can do the SSE themselves for the H&K P30. I spoke to Mike at OC Armory a few months ago, and he told me that they purchased some barrels for the H&K P30 in order to be able to do the SSE themselves. You might want to give them a call to make sure. Good luck!

ruddogg
05-30-2012, 10:27 AM
OC Armory in Laguna Hills does accept SSE pistols. However, I believe they can do the SSE themselves for the H&K P30. I spoke to Mike at OC Armory a few months ago, and he told me that they purchased some barrels for the H&K P30 in order to be able to do the SSE themselves. You might want to give them a call to make sure. Good luck!

I spoke to Mike @ OC Armory also, he'll do the P30's for about $1k out the door, and the HK45's for about $1200 out the door, this was back in Feb.

psychophd
05-30-2012, 10:33 AM
I did get the P30 through OC Armory - very easy to work with them, and I recommend them. They mentioned they do not get the S model in, but sometimes the L model. Their pricing was quite fair.

I was a bit antsy not getting the S model, but have been fine without it; I know some do not like the placement of the safety, and the decocker works fine for me as a way to make the gun 'safe' within reason.

As a lefty, I appreciate the ambi controls. It shoots very smoothly (after a break-in period in which it didn't like 115gr rounds or reloads), and I really find it to fit me better than other handguns I've shot. I'm still learning to shoot it, but it's pretty good.

ptoguy2002
05-30-2012, 10:36 AM

Missed the P2000. It is listed.

GlennG31
05-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Missed the P2000. It is listed.

Ah, yes. I forgot about the P2000 as well. It's just about the same size as the USP Compact, but it has different, interchangeable grip sizes. Plus, it's on the roster.