PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Boxer -- on the job

vantec08
05-30-2012, 3:41 AM
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/05/29/top-7-anti-gun-bills-youve-never-heard-of/?pid=1402#image

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s176

"demonstrate good cause for requesting the permit" - - got a whole lot of problem with that

tgriffin
05-30-2012, 3:55 AM
Meh. 2011 bill that never went anywhere. Not worried....yet.

SanPedroShooter
05-30-2012, 4:43 AM
Seven reasons to thank the NRA...

None of these bills got, or even will get close to passage. Federal gun control is DOA.

vantec08
05-30-2012, 4:49 AM
You know Pedro ... .. . maybe its that she needs to continually make her bones with the stupid. At least with the ill-informed.

SanPedroShooter
05-30-2012, 5:23 AM
Give her credit for trying......

She has to do something. Why not write a terrible gun bill that wont even get out of committe, use it a sop to donors and supporters, and blame its failure on Republicans and the NRA...

Librarian
05-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Give her credit for trying......

She has to do something. Why not write a terrible gun bill that wont even get out of committe, use it a sop to donors and supporters, and blame its failure on Republicans and the NRA...

I would prefer she would try to do something useful. You know, like the formal difference between 'work (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_%28physics%29)' and 'using energy'.

In this case, I wish it would be retirement planning.

oni.dori
05-30-2012, 1:19 PM
Wouldn't this bill be DITW, since it is from last year?

Uranium238
05-30-2012, 1:36 PM
That senator's brain is DITW for all we know. When has any of her ideas really helped/benefitted anyone?

rromeo
05-30-2012, 1:42 PM
I wonder if her stablemate reminded her that "concealed weapons laws that may work in rural areas may not be suitable in urban areas. What is good for Alaska or Wyoming may not be good for California or New York. A federal policy mandating concealed carry reciprocity would usurp the right of states to grant concealed weapons licenses in the manner, and to those individuals, that they see fit."

oni.dori
05-30-2012, 2:11 PM
That senator's brain is DITW for all we know. When has any of her ideas really helped/benefitted anyone?
You mean besides herself and her cronies?

Uranium238
05-30-2012, 2:36 PM
Yea I left out that very important part too! LOL

dantodd
05-30-2012, 2:56 PM
I wonder if her stablemate reminded her that

"concealed weapons laws that may work in rural areas may not be suitable in urban areas. What is good for Alaska or Wyoming may not be good for California or New York. A federal policy mandating concealed carry reciprocity would usurp the right of states to grant concealed weapons licenses in the manner, and to those individuals, that they see fit."

That is little more than barely hidden racism. What works for white folk in cities like Chyenne or Fairbanks won't work where the people are minorities, like Fresno or Compton.

dantodd
05-30-2012, 2:58 PM
I think she has well deserved cred on that street. There's no reason to do anything more than what she is already inclined to do. Reminds me of the old Buck Owens song "Act Naturally"

You know Pedro ... .. . maybe its that she needs to continually make her bones with the stupid. At least with the ill-informed.

oni.dori
05-30-2012, 3:41 PM
That is little more than barely hidden racism. What works for white folk in cities like Chyenne or Fairbanks won't work where the people are minorities, like Fresno or Compton.
And yet, a large majority of her voting constituency are those very same people she habitually bigots against.

HBrebel
05-30-2012, 4:32 PM
Vote her out maybe?

Left Coast Conservative
05-30-2012, 5:12 PM
Vote her out maybe?

Sad to say, it will never happen. Anyone likely to be nominated by the Republican Party would be unlikely to prevail in a general election when the domination of the Democratic Party is considered. We're stuck with her.

Oneaudiopro
05-30-2012, 6:40 PM
Whenever I read about a Calif law being passed by a calif lib with the term "common sense" in the title, I already know that equates to "bend over, I'll drive".............................nothing surprises me anymore.

oni.dori
05-30-2012, 11:46 PM
"common sense" is just their catchphrase, like "assault weapon/rifle" was 25 years ago. They are just using it to try and look less gun-unfriendly and mask their true intentions. They have lost almost all of their base constituency to truth and reality now that being pro-gun is popular again, so they are trying to appeal to the fair-weather gun owner as a last ditch effort to grasp for relevancy.

Wherryj
05-31-2012, 2:27 PM

The problem is that this describes the majority of those in her district-I know, I live there.

Wherryj
05-31-2012, 3:51 PM
Vote her out maybe?

Her seat was up for election in the last election. If there was ever a time that we might have gotten rid of her, that was it. The rest of the country was throwing Liberals out of office, but CA decided to entrench even more.

We won't be rid of her until she decides to leave. As I said, there are far too many uninformed and stupid people in her district.

The real question is how accurate is "govtrackus"? They have the following prediction about her bill:
Will it pass the Senate? The community prediction is 1%.

I certainly hope that the chances aren't THAT high!
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s176

vantec08
05-31-2012, 3:53 PM
Her seat was up for election in the last election. If there was ever a time that we might have gotten rid of her, that was it. The rest of the country was throwing Liberals out of office, but CA decided to entrench even more.

We won't be rid of her until she decides to leave. As I said, there are far too many uninformed and stupid people in her district.

She recently bought a house in the low desert and is already sticking her nose in local and Riverside County stuff. Oh joy.