View Full Version : Another satisfied Ruger SR22 owner...

.45 ftw!
05-29-2012, 6:21 PM
.....[well, technically, the wife owns it]
I bought my wife one of these pistols for Mother's Day. We just today got it out to the range. It's an awesome little gun. She loves it! We just put one 333 round Winchester value pack through it (copper-plated hollow-points) Not a single FTE/FTF. Lots of fun. Plenty accurate. (Although she shot better with my 22/45, but that's to be expected) If anyone is on the fence about buying one of these, I say: don't hesitate. It's a pretty cool .22. Definitely fun.

05-29-2012, 7:34 PM
Great little pistol. Try Fed Blue Box. It is cleaner and just as reliable.

.45 ftw!
05-29-2012, 7:57 PM
Great little pistol. Try Fed Blue Box. It is cleaner and just as reliable.
Cool! Thanx for the tip. I'm probably gonna be shooting .22s quite a bit now that the little woman is on board. ;)

05-29-2012, 8:21 PM
Glad to hear! I have put about 700 rounds through mine at the dessert, which basically sand blasted the gun the whole day and not one single problem.

05-29-2012, 8:21 PM
CCI Stingers= 22 on steroids

05-29-2012, 8:35 PM
I just picked mine up today and can't wait to take my son down to the range this weekend.

05-30-2012, 11:48 AM
The only occassional "issue" I come across with my brother's SR22 is that it won't pick up & chamber the next round sometimes. This is actually due to the inconsistencies of certain .22 cartridges. Sometimes the blast isn't strong enough to rack the slide all the way back. You can actually feel when a light round goes off and fails to chamber the next round, I don't even need to check the chamber. No big deal though, just manually rack and you're good to go. Doesn't happen a lot, just worthy of noting. Happens most often with Federal red bulk, occassionally Blazers.. haven't ran too many other kinds. Stingers are 100% reliable, maybe even damaging in the long run? I doubt it though. I figured this is just the nature of a slide action 22 pistol even though they make them out of aluminum.. All around though it's a reliable, small, good looking and fun to shoot .22 pistol