View Full Version : Playing with the idea of doing an AR build. Where is a good place for parts and info

05-29-2012, 11:40 AM
I am playing with the idea of doing an AR build and would like to know where some good places for information and parts are. What are some important things to think about?

05-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Riflegear.com has a lot of good stuff. A lot of stuff is sold out around the web though as people prepare for the Pending zombie invasion.

05-29-2012, 5:34 PM
Riflegear.com is excellent, Marks Armory is excellent as well.

Agent Tikki
05-29-2012, 6:12 PM
Wrote a little ditty just 4 you!

Read this first, think about how you use ur rifles and then get er done.

05-29-2012, 6:43 PM
Thank you Agent Tikki for the great guide! I'm doing some builds myself.

Agent Tikki
05-29-2012, 8:03 PM
Np happy to help! Addax and riflegear were very helpful when I first started up! And they have such cool toys to boot! Check them out as well!

05-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Most important thing is to think about in my opinion is what you want to do with your rifle, what purpose do you want it geared toward. (Are you going for tight groups at 300 yards? Or instead want a light weight gun to run around the desert doing 25 yard drills with a red dot? etc) It will make choosing parts much more easier for your first build that way, and you'll end up getting more enjoyment out of it when it is optimized for how you plan to use it.

Basically don't be a fool wanting a rifle that can make 1,000 yard sniper shots while being able to dominate CQB lol.