pluke the 2
05-29-2012, 8:51 AM
NFS..........

watersports500
05-29-2012, 8:53 AM
Get rid of the girlfriend keep the gun.

pluke the 2
05-29-2012, 8:55 AM
Lol. Well, that has been considered and may be the route I have to take in the future.

SoCal Bob
05-29-2012, 9:09 AM
Welcome to Calguns. This is the welcome area so not everyone looks here for questions. In general - California allows for a paperless transfer of long guns from a father to child. As long as you are legally able to own a firearm then selling the rifle would not be a problem.

It might be eligible for a face to face sale if it is over 50 years old (C&R) but most likely you will have to meet the buyer at an FFL to do the transfer. The private firearms for sale section here on Calguns would be a great place to list it.

pluke the 2
05-29-2012, 9:18 AM
Thank you SoCal Bob.

h0use
05-29-2012, 9:30 AM
welcome, i hate to say it but i would never sell a gun that your father gave you over a girl. find a girl that respects your hobbies. when i used to date one of my questions would be are you gun friendly, if they answered no, i would end it right there.

den888
05-29-2012, 9:36 AM
Welcome!

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-29-2012, 9:57 AM
welcome

frankDmole
05-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Welcome to CalGuns. +1 to get rid of Girlfriend keep the rifle. If you are into guns and she will not even allow one in the house, it will only get worse for you.

.22guy
05-29-2012, 12:09 PM
You need to ditch that chick. Pronto. Like yesterday. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if she expects you to sell a gun that your father gave you, she doesn't love you and only wants to control you and get what she can out of you. Sorry, just being honest with you as I see it.

Welcome to Calguns, I hope we haven't scared you away with our unsolicited relationship advice.

pluke the 2
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the honesty. Will look for a new g/f in the meantime. Still young.

fighterpilot562
05-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Agree, don't let your gf control you like that. You will later be mad that you sold that rifle. I would never sell any of my guns because a gf asked. Its like you asking her to sell off her shoes. Keep the guns OP trust me.

MrExel17
05-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Welcome aboard!

INJUNTOM
05-29-2012, 4:25 PM
Welcome aboard

GMG
05-29-2012, 6:01 PM
That rifle could last you a life time, g/f and wives not so much!

By the way welcome aboard !

bsg
05-29-2012, 6:13 PM
welcome to the forum.

geedavell
05-29-2012, 7:34 PM
Just keep it at my house. I live in OC too

xXx Sir Sik xXx
05-29-2012, 7:37 PM
Welcome

socalpistolero
05-29-2012, 8:13 PM
welcome. And check out Tom Leykis

HK Chef
05-30-2012, 12:12 AM
I can't believe your considering selling the gun. No way In hell !! And welcome to calguns

Truck6C
05-30-2012, 1:02 AM
Keep the rifle. You will always regret selling that rifle. I don't know your girlfriend but I am sure she is not right for you.

I've been married over 34 years. One of the first things I did BEFORE I got serious with my wife was take her shooting. She does not enjoy guns but respects them. She was a great shot with my .38 S&W. And I always promised her to have safety as the number one rule.

She became so familiar with my guns over time and with safe training. So when I was at work (overnight), a drug induced nitwit attempted to get into our front door. He mistook our address for the house across the street. She went to the door and advised him of his right to leave now. And underlined her voice with the cycling of a 12 gauge round into the chamber. It is amazing how that sound works in a variety of situations. She learned to rely on my guns.

The advice you are being given by these members is absolutely correct. If your girlfriend doesn't want anything to do with guns now she will never just change. Think about this, when you have children you will want to teach them how to shoot and be safe. But nooooo your then wife will attempt to put a stop to it. I know this will happen. When my mother-in-law heard I was training my son, she did not like it. My wife came to my defense.

For me, the good news is that both of my, now grown, children shoot regularly with their spouses. They enjoy the sport thoroughly. They shoot handguns, clays, and hunt doves.

I remember training my son when in reality he trained me. I can remember raising my .22 rifle to shoot to the east. It was was very safe. My 12 year old son and I was out in a field with a hill as a backdrop to our targets in an isolated area. Behind us 1/2 mile away was a small country road traveling N/S. As I was about to shoot my son yelled to hold my fire. I lowered my rifle and looked where he was pointing. I saw a pick up so far away that I know that it would not be a problem. But, I told my son, "Good eye, tell me when it is safe." Well to be truthful that truck was long gone before he said it was safe. But I was waited for him to tell me. That was his first time being a range master and I was so proud.

Shooting a gun is so much more than the noise and delivery of a round. It will grow character too. Listen to the advise you are getting. Thx.

johnthomas
05-30-2012, 2:38 AM
Welcome to calguns. Show her this thread.

DeanW66
05-30-2012, 2:57 PM
Welcome aboard! Not gonna be negative, do what ever is right for YOU.