PDA

View Full Version : How many private & retail gun transfers in month?

richyojimbo
05-29-2012, 2:19 AM
Hello
I know I should know the answer to this question but here goes.

Retail pistol purchase limited to one every 30 days?
Same rule for private party transfer?
If private party transfers have no limit can I make a retail purchase and a pvt?

Thanks

NiteQwill
05-29-2012, 2:27 AM
In other words, there is no limit on PPT transfers. 1 in 30 applies to dealer stock.

The only exception is in Los Angeles City. 1 in 30, period.

Yes, you can do a PPT and retail purchase in the same month (or the same time, if you want).

richyojimbo
05-29-2012, 2:46 AM
In other words, there is no limit on PPT transfers. 1 in 30 applies to dealer stock.

The only exception is in Los Angeles City. 1 in 30, period.

Yes, you can do a PPT and retail purchase in the same month (or the same time, if you want).

Thanks!
I could have waited till morning but wanted to commit to two ppt. Great deals hard to pass up!

erik_26
05-29-2012, 3:20 AM
You may only purchase 1 handgun from dealer inventory every 30 days. The clock starts on the day of purchase, not after 10-day wait.

You may buy unlimited long guns from dealer inventory.

You may complete unlimited PPT's (private party transfers) on handguns and long guns as a buyer.

You may only complete 6 PPT's of any guns in a 12 month period as a seller. However, you can list as many guns as you want on one PPT. The act of PPT is restricted as the seller, not the amount of guns on the PPT.

nitroxdiver
05-29-2012, 7:09 PM
You may only complete 6 PPT's of any guns in a 12 month period as a seller. However, you can list as many guns as you want on one PPT. The act of PPT is restricted as the seller, not the amount of guns on the PPT.

Hi Erik,
I was under the impression that the 6 ppt transactions per year as a seller limit only applied to handguns. If I'm not mistaken, the PC mentions firearms that can be concealed upon the person.

Anyway, certainly not being argumentative, just would like to know for sure. That's how we all learn about these silly restrictions is by talking about them.

Thx

tbc
05-29-2012, 7:30 PM
About 6 ppt per year as a seller.

Question: the "year" in this case is defined as 12 rolling months or defined as a calendar year?

Sent from IPhone