View Full Version : need help deciding...on which way to go for upper...

05-28-2012, 11:12 PM
There are soo many things I want to get. Soon, a new lens, a new laptop(need something faster and to game on), or an upper.

Everything else can wait, but the upper. I have a lower built, pic below, and have the sudden urge to finish it. Unfortunately the upper I want is not being produced yet (lmt lm8mrp cqb), so what would you do for the time being. What would you do, wait for the upper you want(emailed lmt and they said beginning next year probably) to come out, just get any upper and then get the other one when it comes out, settle with the lmt mrp cqb upper, or build a cheapish dedicated 22 upper? If your wondering it will be a 14inch or 16inch rifle gear upper.

Also afraid that uppers will be hard to come by in the near future. Seems like everywhere I look they are out of stock or have a 20+ week lead time for them :(

So far I have a ruger 22/45, sig p226, xd 45, and a scar17. The 17 is getting a little expensive to shoot often, at the volume's I would want to shoot.


05-28-2012, 11:14 PM
GunBroker.com is your friend.....

05-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Spend the cash on reloading gear, then reload for your Scar, and never worry about an AR ever again. . .
At least thats what Ive been saying to myself for over a year :D

05-29-2012, 8:35 AM
ill take a look at gunbroker after work tonight.

I wish I had the room for reading gear!