View Full Version : Glock 50gi, Any proud owners?

05-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Ive had mine for about a month. I originally wanted a s&w 500 than got bit by the Desert eagle bug. Didnt buy either but shot them many times. They are both beasts! Than the 50gi caught my attention... I bought the conversion for my G21. Wow, this little round (compared to the 2 previously mentioned) packed a punch! Now i know it aint for everybody and a lot of people uneducated about this round will say its too slow. Well maybe the factory loads. The kit actually came with "suggested handloads" and they are a handful! Factorl loads at 275grain =875 fps...ok, the same at suggested "hot load" =1050 fps! And these short round slam in your hand too. Oh and btw it has a little more knockout power than a 44mag! Dont believe it? Do more research youll fall in love! I shot ten consecutive and my hand was sore the same way as when I let off 5 rounds in the S&W500! Now I polished my slide to a mirror finish and she is gorgeous. If anyone else has EXPERIENCE with this gem lets hear it!..... Pics will follow as soon as i can figure out how to load em....:43:

05-28-2012, 10:31 PM
So are you going to reload? I'd like to see the recipe they suggest.

05-28-2012, 10:46 PM
I shoot it more accurately than the stock .45ACP setup...

05-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Ya i am ordering the dies on friday, payday. And i shoot it more accurately too! The first time i shot it was at 20 feet. I was with some friends at the ranfe and plinking with 22lr when i pulled her out. The first shot... Dun dun dun... Boom! DEAD CENTER!!! WTF?! No joke i put her down and looked at my friends who were saying what the hell! This setup made me fall in love! Im hooked, and to think i was thinking of selling her before i shot her for a desert eagle...:kest: now its a keeper!

05-29-2012, 8:51 AM
Nice pick up... Although thats in some .44 magnum territory HOT loads get much more powerful than 275Gr @ 1050.

05-29-2012, 9:12 PM
They get better?? Sweet! I am VERY GLAD I PICKED THIS BEAUTY UP! I read somewhere that the hotloads are good to hunt medium game to medium large ie; white tail deer to black bears. Also a formidable defense against large game with heavier bullets and hot loads. I guess thats nice but I plan on hotloading the 230 grain copper hollow points for self defense. A little over a full inch expansion moving at speeds upwards of 1300 fps and 800+ fpe?!:eek:

05-29-2012, 9:33 PM
I shoot it more accurately than the stock .45ACP setup...

is that so?

or is it just the greater diameter, of the bullet, that makes it seem that way?:D