View Full Version : J&T Distributing???

05-28-2012, 7:16 PM
I was looking to build an AR-15 saw that jt distributing had a kit and was wondering about the quality and roughly how long it would take to arrive. Thanks!

05-28-2012, 8:17 PM
If its the same company I used to buy Upper Kits at the Pomona show from, I had absolutely no problem with anything I bought from them. I had co-workers that wanted special order stuff and received it in a very timely manner. That was several years ago, but everything was Milspec and fit perfectly.

05-28-2012, 8:50 PM
awesome! thanks for letting me know

05-28-2012, 9:03 PM
Pretty sure JT is the parent company of Double Star. They are GTG

05-29-2012, 7:48 AM
Hammer is correct. JT dist is the parent company of Doublestar. The wife runs the DS end of the business. I believe you can specify 1/9 or 1/7 twist, and chrome or non chrome lined on their barrels. I don't personally own one, but my shooting buddy does. He has a 1/9 non chrome lined 16" carbine. 100% function through several K rounds so far. There are a lot of great options available now. Not trying to talk you into or out of a JT, just take your time and do a bunch of research. Let your needs and wants drive your decision. You'll soon realize that the cost of the rifle is the cheapest part of the equation once you start getting optics and ammo to feed it. I easily shoot more ammo than the cost of the rifle per year.

Have fun!

05-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Everything I have bought from J&T has been very good, shipping was timely and they were good people to deal with.

06-10-2012, 1:18 AM
Thanks for all of the responses. I decided to order the kit and it should arrive this Wednesday.