PDA

View Full Version : WTS- Amsec 5924 safe w/upgrades SF Bay area

madkiwi
05-11-2007, 10:23 AM
I have a 5 year old Amsec 5924 in perfect condition. Was factory upgraded to a Sargent & Greenleaf keylock rotary combination lock (while Amsec make nice safes, the factory locks are pretty pathetic- a locksmith told me that).

Door is 1/4" solid steel plate, body is 12g, has a drill-plate protecting the lock mechanism. Has 5 active locking 1 1/4" bolts and 3 deadbolts. Hinges are hidden (unlike the newer model with external hinges).

Dimensions: 59-1/4H x 24W x 18D, holds 6-8 long guns on the left, and as many pistols, gold etc as you can stuff in on the shelves on the other side. Or the shelves can be removed and another 6 long guns can fit. Easily fits inside a closet.

This is NOT firelined (we had sprinklers in our home) and weighs around 375#, you could move it with a regular hand truck, but I would not recommend climbing stairs that way, use an appliance mover. Needs at least 2 people to move safely.

You will need to pick it up, I have no way to deliver, safe is in a Daly City mini-storage unit and is very accessible.

Asking $600.

madkiwi
05-19-2007, 8:59 PM
Look guys, this isn't just an attempt to "bump" this ad back to the top.

Safe is still available, and I suppose people are balking at the price. But I am asking less than 60% of replacement cost:

Cheapest online price I found (Dean Security Safe) at http://www.deansafe.com/amsec/teton.html

Base price $717
Add $150 for the Sargent & Greenleaf lock
Add CA sales tax $71.52
Add Trucking $120

Total = $1,058.52

The only reason I am selling is because I am moving out of state, and it is costing a lot to ship it. But I will have to buy a replacement, so if someone thinks it is worth less than $600 it will just be cheaper for me to pay the damn movers. IOW, price is not negotiable.

Plus you don't have to wait 6 weeks for it to be made at the factory (like I did).

tlillard23
05-19-2007, 9:01 PM
I thought they were mass market type thing?
Post a pretty pic. that always helps

madkiwi
05-19-2007, 9:10 PM
I thought they were mass market type thing?
Post a pretty pic. that always helps

They are mass-market, at least until you decide to upgrade the lock. All of a sudden it has to be slotted into the production cycle.

No pictures! I looked, but don't have any. If I go to the storage unit tomorrow I will take my camera.

flyinghi
11-07-2007, 12:04 AM
but is it still around and available?