PDA

View Full Version : CZ75 9mm Magazine Rattle???

Scandivious
05-28-2012, 4:50 PM
Just picked up my new CZ75B today, brought it home cleaned her up and inspected her, everything fine. Now it is time to load her up and stick her in my safe and I noticed that with a FULL magazine, one of the rounds rattle when I shake the mag. With 9 rounds or less there is no rattle, just with a full 10 rounds inserted. Does anyone else have this problem and is there reliability issues with the mag?

0351USMC
05-28-2012, 4:55 PM
Yes,my rattle too,but never had issue.

Scandivious
05-28-2012, 4:57 PM
Even though it seems not to be an issue that is just very annoying.

paul0660
05-28-2012, 4:59 PM
It can be an issue with CCW. All of my Rami 10 rounders rattle as you describe, none of the others do. Not sure why. I wonder if they use the same cans for .40 and 9mm. Certainly the rounds fit.

Mr. Gillious
05-28-2012, 5:01 PM
once i read this post i had to see for myself.

Yes, mine rattles with 10 rounds in it but with 9 rounds it doesn't.

I don't think you have anything to worry about though. I think they're just made like that and it's normal.

I've shot already about 1000 rounds through my SP-01 so far and haven't had a single problem. I have it in 9x19

zfields
05-28-2012, 5:09 PM
My old 10 round mags rattled, all my current 19 round mags are fine. I think it has to do with the way they are blocked by the large plastic section.

paul0660
05-28-2012, 5:27 PM
My old 10 round mags rattled, all my current 19 round mags are fine. I think it has to do with the way they are blocked by the large plastic section.

My Rami 10"s don't have the extender and rattle. It actually bugs me.

JeremyS
05-28-2012, 8:34 PM
All 6 of my factory 10-round mags rattled with 10 rounds in there but not with less than 10 rounds. It will not cause you any issues with feeding and it is not a problem in that something is wrong or out of the ordinary. Whether the noise itself is a problem for you is another issue.

I don't think any of them did it easily enough to do it while carrying the gun. At least not while you're inactive enough that you or anyone else might actually hear it. But... I've never CCW'd it for real so I can't really say.

Actually... I don't know if I ever checked to see if they rattle when in the gun. There's a chance that would not happen due to the top round being pressed downwards by the slide. Hmm...

whipkiller
05-28-2012, 9:10 PM
Yep, my SP-01 rattles. Bugged me a little at first, but since it's never had a hiccup, I don't mind if she rattles a little.

CZ9
05-29-2012, 8:52 AM
Same here. But at least with the little downward pressure from being inserted into the gun it doesn't rattle anymore. And even though it rattles on the 10th they've been nothing but reliable.

whipkiller
05-29-2012, 2:09 PM
So just for giggles, I pulled one round out of the mag last night and discovered that it indeed does not rattle with 9 rounds, only with the tenth round does it make noise.

Verrrry interrresting.

J.D.Allen
05-29-2012, 3:08 PM
I have noticed on my ten rounders that a bullet in the mag will hang up on the opening where the mag catch goes. This will hold the follower slightly out of position (not quite completely tight against the bullets). Hence when loaded with ten rounds some of the bullets will be slightly loose in the mag and will rattle. This is why if you push down a little on the first round it stops rattling. When inserted in the mag well however, the mag catch pushes the tip of the bullet out of the opening which puts the bullet back in its proper position and stops the rattling. I have never had this issue cause any problems when the mag inserted in the magwell. Seems to be more prevalent with hollow points. With some types of bullets it gets so bad that if you try to unload the mag manually the bullets will get all jumbled in the mag.

But again, when the mag is inserted in the weapon this doesn't happen anymore.

I created this thread when I first noticed it,

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=423809

But then I tinkered with them a little and figured out what the deal was and that it wouldn't cause any problem when actually firing the weapon

Capybara
05-29-2012, 3:18 PM
Do any of you have CZ 18-19 rounders that you have blocked to 10? I don't think that anyone sells magblocks for these magazines do they? I guess it may take dowel or angle iron epoxied into the mag body?

kenbo776
05-29-2012, 4:51 PM
So thats what that noise was...I thought it was comming from inside my head. !!!!
Oh, mine rattles too, but very common as you can see from previous posts. CZ forum had lot of input on this subject last year.

hal9000
05-30-2012, 9:21 PM
The noise is caused by the bottom round hanging up on the 10rd limit blocks where it can tilt and thus rattle.

If you look on the exterior of the mag, there are two deep grooves in the middle - one each side. They are the 10rd limit blocks. (Larger cap mags don't have them!)

If you carefully insert a suitable tool and just bash the top of those grooves slightly from the inside, right at the top where the round makes contact, you'll give the bottom round just enough clearance to be resting firmly on the plunger, and so it won't rattle any more.

nitewing117
05-30-2012, 10:19 PM
If it makes you feel any better, some of my USP45 mags rattle too when one of the rounds isnt seated properly. Could be a double stack thing? A quick whack on the back of the mag usually fixes the problem.

bohoki
05-30-2012, 10:50 PM
try loading one less than max

zfields
05-31-2012, 3:40 AM
If it makes you feel any better, some of my USP45 mags rattle too when one of the rounds isnt seated properly. Could be a double stack thing? A quick whack on the back of the mag usually fixes the problem.

My xd mags never rattle. But they also have may springs from hell in them.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

nitewing117
05-31-2012, 11:31 AM
My xd mags never rattle. But they also have may springs from hell in them.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

My springs are pretty old so that may be my issue.

IllTemperedCur
05-31-2012, 2:54 PM
Same deal on my P01, rattling 10rd mags.

But I also had the same thing happen with the old 80s era 13rd mags for my BHP, and the new 10rd BHP mags, and the MecGar rebuild kits that I used to refresh the old 13rd mags a few years ago.....

It's not an uncommon thing to happen, with several different makes.

Stumpy6653
07-28-2015, 7:23 PM
So,

can you get new springs for the Rami?

Mine has locked open with rounds in the magazine. It rattles at 8 rounds and 10 rounds.

SeniorHepe
07-28-2015, 7:43 PM
It's a known issue and CZ-USA won't do anything about it. My SP-01 factory 10 rounds magazine do rattle and my Mec-Gar 10 rounds doesn't.

Ant45
07-28-2015, 8:30 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't shake their magazines listening for noises?

8eLoakHQ8KU

SIGSHOOTR
07-28-2015, 8:56 PM
A lot of mags do this-- some of my Glock mags when loaded to capacity; some of my HK mags do itů not an issue.

mjdlc805
07-29-2015, 6:18 PM
My XD subcompact 10 round mags rattle with 10 rounds. Not an issue while ccw. My leather iwb hybrid holster makes more noise. Loose mag in my front pocket sometimes is an issue.