PDA

View Full Version : Look for 50 Bmg's for Raahague Sports Fair

Mr Twisted
05-11-2007, 8:31 AM
Make big $$$ with your 50 BMG rifle or 1919a4 or any "Fun gun" The SSA will be hosting a long range booth at this years Raahauge's Sports Fair. Looking for guys and equipment to make serious money at this years show. If your interested call 909 214 2648 cell Show dates are JUNE 1,2 & 3rd 2007 in Norco Calif. Times can be flexible as long as the booth is covered. I expect a lot of money to be coming thru the show. The club will be supporting 3 booths at the show.

The SSA will feed workers thruout the 3 days, get you into the show and provide free parking at early morning set up (only) once the show is open, your on your own.

Would also love to have a Barrett 416 at the show. Anyone have one?

Make no mistake. this is a major production not a meet and greet. 18,000 shooters w/ cash expected
www.raahauges.comhttp:///sportsfair.htm

Ron Jung
Shooting Sports Alliance
www.ssashooter.com

Sydwaiz
05-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Wow, that's tempting! But please stop calling it a "sniper" rifle. Would you need the owner of the firearm present at all times?

stevie
05-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Would you need the owner of the firearm present at all times?

I would say yes... it is tempting, who supplies the ammo?

leelaw
05-11-2007, 1:28 PM
Bah, SoCA, otherwise I'd offer my Serbu.

bwiese
05-11-2007, 1:42 PM
Wow, that's tempting! But please stop calling it a "sniper" rifle. Would you need the owner of the firearm present at all times?

Yes. Registered 50BMGs are generally same treatment as AWs: can't be 'lent', minors cannot fire them, anyone except reg'd owner must be using it in reg'd owner's presence.

Sydwaiz
05-11-2007, 2:03 PM
Thanks Bill. We should've already known that. Momentary lapse of memory you know!

Now if it's a DTC on the other hand...!

Now we just need more info on who supplies the ammo and how much money is to be made! :D

1919_4_ME
05-11-2007, 3:07 PM
Sydwaiz,
I've "Heard" you supply your own ammo.They charge whatever you decide you want to charge per shot or per 10 round belt and then some of the proceeds goes to the shoot or who evers doing the booth, then you take your cut.:D

50 Freak
05-11-2007, 3:51 PM
Yes. Registered 50BMGs are generally same treatment as AWs: can't be 'lent', minors cannot fire them, anyone except reg'd owner must be using it in reg'd owner's presence.

Bill, I think if the owner of the registered AW is there and someone else shoots his gun, it does not qualify in the legal sense of "lent". As the owner is there than the AW never really leaves his posession.

bwiese
05-11-2007, 4:34 PM
Bill, I think if the owner of the registered AW is there and someone else shoots his gun, it does not qualify in the legal sense of "lent". As the owner is there than the AW never really leaves his posession.

You'd think that, however, legal "lending" is defined to be in the presence of the owner for AWs/50BMGs.

12280(k) Subdivision (a) (of 12280) shall not apply to: (1) A person who lawfully possesses and has registered an assault weapon or 50BMG rifle pursuant
to this chapter who lends that assault weapon or 50BMG rifle to another if all the following apply:

(A) The person to whom the assault weapon or 50BMG rifle is lent is 18 years of age
or over and is not in a class of persons prohibited from possessing firearms by virtue
of Section 12021 or 12021.1 of this code or Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and
Institutions Code.

(B) The person to whom the assault weapon or 50BMG rifle is lent remains in the presence
of the registered possessor of the assault weapon or 50BMG rifle.

(C) The assault weapon or .50 BMG rifle is possessed at any of the following locations:
<<list of valid places...>>

Along with this :

12280(a)(2) In addition and consecutive to the punishment imposed under paragraph (1),
any person who transfers, lends, sells, or gives any assault weapon or any 50BMG rifle to a
minor in violation of paragraph (1) shall receive an enhancement of one year.

... we can see that lending is construed to immediate presence of owner, and that the shooter/user/in-hands-possessor has to be over 18, which thus prohibits junior from shooting his dad's reg'd AW or reg'd 50BMG inside CA.

Mr Twisted
05-11-2007, 6:01 PM
Raahauge is a very large "Private" range and I assume the presence can be loosely dictated as on the property. I'd like to get at least 8-9 guys even more to spread out the moneies and so the guns don't see excessive ware and tear and allow ample time to service,clean and cool off.. When the guns are not actually shooting,we will pull your weapons off the line and store it (lock steel cantainer) so you can be out roaming around the show. The club will get you into the Sports Faire,(If you arrive in the early morning), feed (chicken and Burgers Drinks included) and pay all parking fees( If you get there early in the morning set up).

The club has acquired 600 rds of Talon 50 BMG and will provide our rds till we run out. After that we like you to bring and provide back stock but we will pay upwards to $3 per round fired for 50BMG. In the case of the 1919 a4's will have to negotiate a good selling price. Guys have paid upwards of a $100 to shoot the Gataling gun at past shows. Cash will be paid daily to participants.

In past years the the booths have shot I'm told upwards of a 1000 rds of 50 BMG. For the sake of speculation, Let's say, we we're paying $10 per round That would generate $10,000 to cut up.....for a few days of fun shooting, not work.....We'll have to see what the traffic will bear. I'm trying to be upfront with everyone, This show we will be advertising a number of HK MP5 SD in full autos and The Sports Fair will be heavily advertised on TV, Radio and the Western Outdoor News as well as in all the Turners Outdoorsman locations and most gun stores.

www.turners.com
www.raahauges.com
http://www.raahauges.com/sportsfair.htm
Ron "Mr Twisted" Jung
Ceo/founder
Shooting Sports Alliance
909 214-2648 cell

bwiese
05-11-2007, 7:30 PM
that law is stupid.what are they afraid the kid is going to accidently shoot down a heli or an airplane

This has been the case since Roberti-Roos (1989), even before 50BMG ban.

CALI-gula
05-11-2007, 8:22 PM
You should really contact Bill Ritchie of EDM Arms or Tom Miller, EDM's main sales rep. I am sure they might wish to bring out a few of their M96s on their own accord. They proabably have plenty they use for shooting/testing anyway, and maybe some new models to let people try out, especially making it a day of showing even some of the experienced .50BMG shooters actual working/firing examples of the .50DTC, and let people fire them. What better way to make direct sales? Get the fun in the customer's hands and 10 seconds after shooting a .50DTC, the first words are always "Where can I get one?"

Seeing them stationary at a gun show is just a novelty - "ooohhh look at the big gun, that's cool" and people move on. Just sitting on a booth table at a standard gun show, it's just a conversation piece, it doesn't even seem real for most people. But giving the customer the chance to actually shoot one? It would be a hook for EDM, and a plus for your show. And I don't think anyone could supply as many rifles in .50DTC as EDM at this point.Besides, htey are just around the corner in Redlands. And with the .50DTC's you wouldn't have to worry about the AW/AB50 issues of lending, even though Tom Miller would probably want to be there. They would be getting product recongnition in the hands of potential customers, and you would get your entertainment.

REDHORSE
05-11-2007, 8:31 PM
This will be my third year helping out (RO) at one of Mr Twisted three shooting berms at the Shooting Sports Fair (http://www.turners.com/engage/events_sportsfair2007.html). Everything is on the up and up.

I usually bring a couple of my firearms for the the SSA (http://www.ssashooter.net/) rental booth for the general public to try out. But, alas I don't have any .50 BMGs to help out at the new SSA .50 BMG & 1919 attraction.

Mr Twisted not only puts out his regular Steel Madness matches every month @ Raahauges, but he also involved with the GSSF, XD Challenge, Shooting Sports Fair, and Youth Outdoor Safari Day, etc..

Mr Twisted has been doing this event for years, so he is very well organized and he has a very friendly & capable crew that will take care of all the volunteers that help out at the SSA booths/shooting berms and the guests who come out to enjoy the Sports Shooting Fair.

Mr Twisted
05-11-2007, 8:32 PM
Can you PM me there phone # Thanks

CALI-gula
05-11-2007, 9:16 PM
Can you PM me there phone # Thanks

PM Sent.

Guns R Tools
05-12-2007, 1:00 AM
Have you tried different board to get 50BMG or 50DTC voulunteers.

This board is hangout for those.

http://biggerhammer.net/barrett/wwwboard/

Mr Twisted
05-12-2007, 8:49 AM
Guns R Tools Thanks for the heads up.. I viewed the site and it looked good but I 'm not a member there, would you mind copying my 2 threads and posting it on Bighammer and the 1919 a4 boards if you can. Thanks again "Twisted"

Guns R Tools
05-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Mr. Twisted.

I posted your two post on Bigerhammer.net

For you future information you don't need to be a member to post at biggerhammer.net.

Would someone else post same two posts from Mr. Twisted on 1919A4 Forum. I am not a memebr there.

Sydwaiz
05-12-2007, 3:00 PM
Sounds like EDM will be well represented there already. I just got word from Tom Miller that he will have a couple spots.

Mr Twisted
05-12-2007, 4:26 PM
Yes, I just hooked up with Tom and he'll be there with 3 guns for all three days. If we can hook up with some 1919a4s we can set up another berm 3 as well. You'll need to PM or call me to reserve a slot.

Sydwaiz
05-12-2007, 6:28 PM
Mine's ugly, you don't want it there! See ya there!

Mr Twisted
05-12-2007, 8:04 PM
Ammo seems to be a major issue.....shouldn't you use what little you have to make money. at Sports Fair......Da

Hunter
05-13-2007, 7:46 PM
Ammo seems to be a major issue.....shouldn't you use what little you have to make money. at Sports Fair......Da

Are you looking for ammo to purchase for this event?

Mr Twisted
05-13-2007, 9:39 PM
Yes we do can you PM me a price quote on everything you can provide.I expect my ammo bill to be around $8 K this year.........

ldivinag
05-15-2007, 4:40 PM
still need 50 cal rifles?

pullnshoot25
05-15-2007, 5:09 PM
Yes we do can you PM me a price quote on everything you can provide.I expect my ammo bill to be around $8 K this year.........

Jiminey friggin Xmas, dude!

Mr Twisted
05-15-2007, 6:56 PM
Still need 50's to cover No Shows. Pm if your interested.

DRH
05-15-2007, 7:22 PM
Mr. Twisted,
Thanks for taking the time to talk to me today on the phone. I will convey what we discussed to George and hopefully have a decision back to you soon. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Mr Twisted
05-15-2007, 10:48 PM
It will be a lot of fun. The time goes by so fast you won't believe it. Be sure to set some time to see the show and exhibitions going on the three days. Most of the guys are so busy that they miss the shooting exibitions.

Guns R Tools
05-17-2007, 3:52 PM
50BMGs with brakes can send some wicked blast to sides (and to rear) of the shooter.
You should have plenty of spacing between shooters or build some kind of barrier to deflect the blast.

Also whar kind of targets are setup for 50BMGs?
Metals or papers or something else? Also what is expected range?

Fresh soda cans can be very rewarding, preferably diet to ward off insects.

Mr Twisted
05-18-2007, 8:15 AM
We had plan to shoot hanging 1/2 plate of mild sheet to decelerate the bullet as it punchs thru before it hits the earth berm. We can put out paper as well. Our range is a 110 yds deep.

We always feed and water the volunteer all day. Burgers,chicken and hotdogs. We also have a goody raffle for the volunteers as well.

Guns R Tools
05-18-2007, 9:24 AM
When I mentioned the soda can, I meant it used for the target. Exploding soda can is very fun.

Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Steel target sounds fun.

Mr Twisted
05-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Anyone ever shoot a two gallon plastic milk jug with a 50 BMG? We still have a few slots left to make some big money. Pm your interest and I'll give you final details.

Mr Twisted
05-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Exciting news theres talk about us getting a Cal legal full auto M2 HB. I bet that will be expensive to shoot but I bet we have some high rollers out there willing to pay for the chance th shoot one without enlisting in the services.

Mr Twisted
05-28-2007, 2:51 PM
Reminder Sports Fair starts this Friday at Noon and that participant in the 50 booth should get there no later than 10:30 with ALL Cal legal Documentation you have for your AW's.....and thanks for your participation, you'll be amply rewarded and have a great time as well.

Ron Jung
909- 214-2648

hdcd
05-29-2007, 2:51 PM
Just got this from the Turners email blast:

NOTICE:
DUE TO A SCHEDULING CONFLICT
THE 50 BMG AND THE AUTO MP5'S WILL NOT BE
AVAILABLE AT THIS YEAR'S SHOOTING SPORTS FAIR

Sydwaiz
05-29-2007, 3:04 PM
Yeah, WTF? I know Tom Miller was loading up a bunch of ammo for this and was going to have a couple of spots.

Guns R Tools
05-29-2007, 3:12 PM
From what I gather, Anything full auto won't be there.

However other(bolt, semi) 50BMGs are ok.

Turner's probably covering their you-know-what.

Mr Twisted
06-04-2007, 11:04 AM
My thanks to all the guys that showed up. All of them walked away with Big Cash as promised and they all had the time of their life as promised.

Mr Twisted
06-05-2007, 1:02 AM
Sports Fair was a big success, my thanks to the Tom Miller, EDM arms and the couple of guys who showed up. Btw the participants walked away with there share of over $8000 in cash for 3 days of play...