PDA

View Full Version : Range report .357 & .39 practice ammo

Socalman
05-28-2012, 11:31 AM
I spent a few hours this morning at Burro Canyon trying out two different types of practice ammo. Both are reloads that can be found either at Ammo Bros. or online. Here is what I learned:

.38 spl 125 grain flat point full copper jacket from Freedom munitions

I ordered a few boxes a few weeks ago and have wanted to try them out.

Many different stamps on the cases and all were cleaned. They seemed to shoot true at 20 yards, though they seemed to be a little on the dirty side, though not the worst I have fired. One of the 100 rounds was a FTF. I even tried to fire it a 2nd time without luck. I will probably order more of these again. Their price is good, provided you order enough to justify your shipping. Once again, Freedom Munitions is online.

.357mag in 158 grain flat point full copper jacket

I bought two 100 round boxes of these a few weeks ago and will certainly be stopping in for more! No complaints at all. They shot dead on target, as well as anything I have tested in my limited experience. They burned cleanly, every one of the 100 rounds went bang. I have no idea what the velocity is on these but they felt like a good full house .357! I will be stopping at Ammo Bros. in the near future and buying more of these reloads.

Burro Canyon was busy today, glad I got there very early so I could set up and get in line to pay. At least around the handgun area there were no idiots observed! Nice to see an older gentleman teaching two older ladies how to shoot and also talked with a father and his young son of about 14.

hkdad
05-28-2012, 11:47 AM
what is a .39 practice ammo??? :confused: must be some new caliber I have never heard of...

Termless
05-28-2012, 12:12 PM
what is a .39 practice ammo??? :confused: must be some new caliber I have never heard of...

I think he meant 38. Special.

Old4eyes
05-28-2012, 12:35 PM
I believe .39 is very special 38.

Socalman
05-28-2012, 1:52 PM
LOL! Yes, it is just one more then .38 SPl. Very special indeed!

Fishslayer
05-28-2012, 6:06 PM
.357mag in 158 grain flat point full copper jacket[/B]

I bought two 100 round boxes of these a few weeks ago and will certainly be stopping in for more! No complaints at all. They shot dead on target, as well as anything I have tested in my limited experience. They burned cleanly, every one of the 100 rounds went bang. I have no idea what the velocity is on these but they felt like a good full house .357! I will be stopping at Ammo Bros. in the near future and buying more of these reloads.

Got plans for the .357 brass? ;)

pyromensch
05-28-2012, 7:59 PM

I think he meant 38. Special.

i think that is why people are hitting on this thread.......39 caliber WTF?