PDA

View Full Version : SR-22 and or Heritage Arms Small bore rought rider, how do you like it

Noonanda
05-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Im tossing around the idea of having my buddy who is an FFL order me either one of these or a heritage arms Rough rider .22.
What do you all think of these 2 pistols, I know it is like apples and oranges. I am more leaning towards the SR-22 as this will be an intro pistol for my daughters to shoot as well.

ENVYGREEN
05-28-2012, 10:21 AM
SEARCH! more than enough reviews on each.

Oldnoob
05-28-2012, 12:13 PM
I had a RR for a short period of time and enjoyed it. It was kind of neat, since I have the 22lr/mag conversion cylinder so being able to try two kind of caliber from same pistol. It has decent trigger, action was ok, but finish was a little rough. But really for a under $200 pistol, It was well worth it.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/johell/My%20gun/DSC_0010-1.jpg

The safety was a bit eye sore IMO.

Noonanda
05-28-2012, 12:16 PM
I had a RR for a short period of time and enjoyed it. It was kind of neat, since I have the 22lr/mag conversion cylinder so being able to try two kind of caliber from same pistol. It has decent trigger, action was ok, but finish was a little rough. But really for a under $200 pistol, It was well worth it.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/johell/My%20gun/DSC_0010-1.jpg

The safety was a bit eye sore IMO.

how much did it weight? did it balance well?

skosh69
05-28-2012, 3:44 PM
The SR-22 is light, easy to shoot and fun, according to my wife. Great beginners pistol. Personnally, the Ruger MK III is a much better pistol.

Take your daughters to the LGS and have them handle the pistols, see which ones they prefer. That's what I've always been told. Doesn't matter to us which feels good, they're the ones going to be shooting it!

Noonanda
05-28-2012, 4:03 PM
The SR-22 is light, easy to shoot and fun, according to my wife. Great beginners pistol. Personnally, the Ruger MK III is a much better pistol.

Take your daughters to the LGS and have them handle the pistols, see which ones they prefer. That's what I've always been told. Doesn't matter to us which feels good, they're the ones going to be shooting it!

Thats why I am looking at the SR-22, its very light so everyone can shoot it, from the 8 year old to me. how is the recoil (if any) on it?

morrcarr67
05-28-2012, 4:27 PM
Thats why I am looking at the SR-22, its very light so everyone can shoot it, from the 8 year old to me. how is the recoil (if any) on it?

I don't have one but have read that "you do feel the recoil".

The_Tinman
05-28-2012, 8:23 PM
Sr22, yeah, you "feel the recoil" more than say a mk/buckmark.

For smaller hands, how about the bearcat?

InGrAM
05-28-2012, 8:26 PM
The revolver. I have a Uberti .22 and it is a sweet revolver. The SR-22 is out for me because of the opposite to a 1911 style safety.

Oldnoob
05-28-2012, 9:01 PM
how much did it weight? did it balance well?

I recall it was around 36oz. I wish the grip was a tab bigger, other wise it balance well.