PDA

View Full Version : beretta 92fs inox italy is discontinued?

dawn777
05-28-2012, 6:31 AM
hi guys,

i very like beretta 92fs inox italy, a stainless steel version. i call several local gun stores, they are all out of stock!, somebody even said they are discontinued...

where can i get one?

thanks a lot!

Metal Magic
05-28-2012, 6:37 AM
I don't think they have made them In Italy sense 95 (correct me if I am wrong)

I would try Gunbroker.com or, PPT is going to be your best bet

Good Luck

missiontrails
05-28-2012, 6:40 AM
All gun stores around here are also out of M9's.....maybe they are discontinued also. Are CZ's discontinued? Can't find one of those either.

IBJanky
05-28-2012, 7:47 AM
I bought a brand new one last month

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/IBJanky/guns/IMG_4593.jpg

myke

compulsivegunbuyer
05-28-2012, 8:01 AM
Look on the manufactures website. If it's still listed, it's not discontinued. A quick search of the Beretta website shows it's still made. But it's no longer listed on the Beretta USA website, so it may no longer be imported.

http://www.beretta.com/Defence-Pistols-Carbines/Defence/Full/92FS/index.aspx?m=82&f=2&id=795

dawn777
05-28-2012, 9:34 PM

Good Luck

thanks for your info.

dawn777
05-28-2012, 9:36 PM
I bought a brand new one last month

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/IBJanky/guns/IMG_4593.jpg

myke

good!!
where did you buy it?
can you give the store phone #?

thanks a lot!

dawn777
05-28-2012, 9:38 PM
Look on the manufactures website. If it's still listed, it's not discontinued. A quick search of the Beretta website shows it's still made. But it's no longer listed on the Beretta USA website, so it may no longer be imported.

http://www.beretta.com/Defence-Pistols-Carbines/Defence/Full/92FS/index.aspx?m=82&f=2&id=795

yes, that was what i was told by somebody.
hopefully, i can still get one from somewhere...

dachan
05-28-2012, 9:42 PM

Good Luck

You're wrong. Italian manufactured 92FS' in blue and inox were imported last year, then discontinued at the beginning of 2012. Most distributors had them on closeout as late as March (at a slight discount even). Now, you can only get them in the retail or used market. But if past history is any indication, it is almost a certainty that Beretta will begin importation again in 2013 or 2014.

tennisman
05-28-2012, 9:46 PM
go to Baretta forum they are selling them there all the time its a good forum

orangeusa
05-28-2012, 9:58 PM
Beretta makes Inox guns in bursts at the Italian plant. Beretta - being a non-public company, they do what they want...

Heck - even last year - they were selling USA 92 AND 96 Inox versions in Turners.. And this was long after the 96 was discontinued..... I'm on the BerettaForum.net a lot - probably even more than here...

I do know the 96 (Blued/Bruniton/Inox) is history. (96A1 is real...)

As to the 92FS Inox Italian versions - I don't think anybody knows...

My first 92FS was a USA Inox model that I spent the $$ to convert to all stainless. Had to purchase from CDNN/Brignoli/folks here/folks on Beretta Forum....

So - don't know the answer to your question... :)

sneather
05-29-2012, 6:33 AM
First off. The Beretta website is one of the worst places for reliable information. Don't trust what you see or read there.

As Orange already said, impossible to know what they are/will do in regards to the Inox model. That being said, there are tons of online retailers who have access to different distributors, and I have no doubt whatsoever that there are USA-made and Italian-made Inox models still in the supply chains. Those models are less popular than the black versions, so sometimes they sit in inventory.

sneather
05-29-2012, 7:27 AM
http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=85889

dachan
05-29-2012, 8:32 AM
http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=85889

$200 over market value, trolling for a newb

Edit: From this week's email flyer, looks like Davidson's still got some blue Italian's, they maybe holding some Inox ones also.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn310/dachan999/My%20Own/ad.jpg

orangeusa
05-29-2012, 9:03 AM
It didn't used to be that way, but yeah, about half the posts are either conjecture or wrong.. lolz There are some SMART folks there, but alas, they don't post much....

First off. The Beretta website is one of the worst places for reliable information. Don't trust what you see or read there.

sneather
05-29-2012, 9:24 AM
It didn't used to be that way, but yeah, about half the posts are either conjecture or wrong.. lolz There are some SMART folks there, but alas, they don't post much....

Ah! No. I didn't mean the Beretta forum. I was referring to the actual BUSA website.

Generally, there are some very helpful and knowledgeable people over at the forum.

orangeusa
05-29-2012, 9:28 AM
Oooops, I'm gonna catch hell for that one... my bad...

But yeah, BUSA is a great place to look at range gear, t-shirts.. haha

sneather
05-29-2012, 9:34 AM
$200 over market value, trolling for a newb

Edit: From this week's email flyer, looks like Davidson's still got some blue Italian's, they maybe holding some Inox ones also.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn310/dachan999/My%20Own/ad.jpg

How is that seller "trolling" for anything? Last I checked, we were talking about a gun that is A) likely not currently in production, and B) always priced at hundreds more than the standard Bruniton (not blue) guns.

On the Beretta forum, both new and vintage Inox models regularly list between $700-$800. Normally, the price varies more if it's a vintage model with pre-ban SS mags. But asking $800 for a NIB all stainless (no cheap black plastic controls) out of the gate is NOT crazy. That's what bargaining and negotiating is all about. :D

xxxx
05-29-2012, 8:05 PM
When buying a 92FS take into consideration if you want straight or curved dustcover. Most prefer straight.

kbeez21
06-21-2012, 4:08 PM
Looking to convert an INOX with black controls to a full stainless version. Anyone have links to purchase?

sneather
06-21-2012, 4:22 PM
Looking to convert an INOX with black controls to a full stainless version. Anyone have links to purchase?

That's easier said than done. You can source a odd piece or two from CDNN, MGW, and Brownell's. But there are certain pieces none of them will ever have. Particularly, the Inox slide safety assembly parts. Those just don't exist. You'll need an entire "vintage" stainless upper to get those.

As for sourcing the take-off stainless parts for the frame, you can find them from time-to-time on the Beretta forum.

Good luck.

SilverTauron
06-21-2012, 4:32 PM
That's easier said than done. You can source a odd piece or two from CDNN, MGW, and Brownell's. But there are certain pieces none of them will ever have. Particularly, the Inox slide safety assembly parts. Those just don't exist. You'll need an entire "vintage" stainless upper to get those.

As for sourcing the take-off stainless parts for the frame, you can find them from time-to-time on the Beretta forum.

Good luck.

Is it not true that even if you do convert the parts to all stainless finish, should the pistol be sent in for warranty work the Beretta factory will replace the parts with blued anyway?

sneather
06-21-2012, 4:46 PM
Is it not true that even if you do convert the parts to all stainless finish, should the pistol be sent in for warranty work the Beretta factory will replace the parts with blued anyway?

Can't imagine a single reason to worry about such. What reports have you read to make you concerned about that, in the first place?

SilverTauron
06-21-2012, 8:23 PM
Can't imagine a single reason to worry about such. What reports have you read to make you concerned about that, in the first place?
Postings on Berettaforum.net . Apparently if you order replacement parts from Beretta or send in a gun for warranty work, you'll get blued parts no matter whether the gun is an Inox or not. Assuming of course that you get a response from Beretta's dodgy CS to begin with, but that is a different discussion.

sneather
06-22-2012, 7:02 AM
Postings on Berettaforum.net . Apparently if you order replacement parts from Beretta or send in a gun for warranty work, you'll get blued parts no matter whether the gun is an Inox or not. Assuming of course that you get a response from Beretta's dodgy CS to begin with, but that is a different discussion.

If you're concerned about this, just don't go to the trouble of putting stainless parts on your gun in the first place. Not very complicated. Doesn't seem to be an issue for most.