PDA

View Full Version : Whos going to the Gunshow in Costa Mesa June 2-3?

nightwolf0215
05-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Whos going to the Crossroad of the West gun show?

Bobby Ricigliano
05-28-2012, 1:19 AM
My supply of jerky is running low. I need a holster and some batteries for my stun gun. I'm in the market for a wallet and belt.

I'LL BE THERE!

socalbowhunter
05-28-2012, 2:47 AM
Why would you waste the money to go to the gun show when you can go out to Raahauges Sports Fair and actually get to shoot any gun you want.

Bobby, while you're there, will you pick me up a "Mag Magnet"? I hear they are totally legal. :rofl2:

dadoody
05-28-2012, 3:16 AM
http://nuckingfutsmama.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/WelcomeToTheGunShow400.png

I'll probably go

morrcarr67
05-28-2012, 6:29 AM
I haven't been to a GS in CA in I can't remember when.

I would rather go to one OOS where I can cash and carry certain firearms. :D

enzo357
05-28-2012, 6:56 AM
Sounds like a gunshow and raahuges weekend.

capturedlive
05-28-2012, 8:01 AM
The Raahughes flyer didn't spell it out - does that show have a swap meet too?

dadoody
05-28-2012, 8:58 AM
Sitting this one out since ammo prices at the last one were so high, walmart looked comparable.

Didn't have that issue here. Picked up 250 45acp Blazer ammo for $67.

Walmart uped prices on their 45acp to $36 per 100 box

GunninIt
05-28-2012, 9:09 AM
Anyone want to give me a primer on Raahuage's Sports Fair? Will be my first time out there - and want to know first, what to expect (crowds, lines to shoot, etc.). I'm really going out there for one reason only - to see the Benelli guys. Looking for my next shotgun, and have it narrowed down. If I can try them out - it'll have me sold.

For what it's worth, I'll likely try to get out there either Friday or Sunday. I assume Sunday is busier...?

morrcarr67
05-28-2012, 10:37 AM
The Raahughes flyer didn't spell it out - does that show have a swap meet too?

Anyone want to give me a primer on Raahuage's Sports Fair? Will be my first time out there - and want to know first, what to expect (crowds, lines to shoot, etc.). I'm really going out there for one reason only - to see the Benelli guys. Looking for my next shotgun, and have it narrowed down. If I can try them out - it'll have me sold.

For what it's worth, I'll likely try to get out there either Friday or Sunday. I assume Sunday is busier...?

Many years ago they would have different store that would set up booths there and sell stuff.

When they brought it back a couple of years ago Turners was the only one there selling stuff because they were the ones pretty much putting on the show.

Most of all the manufactures will be there with all kinds of guns to shoot. Bring ears with you it can and does get quite noisy when shooting is going on. It will cost you anywhere from $1 to $5 to shoot the guns. It is a good way to shoot that gun you've been thinking about buying but don't know anyone that has one you can shoot. If you can go on Friday it will be more fun because there will be less people. If you go on the weekend try and get there as soon as the gates open. They will be very busy on the weekend.

GunninIt
05-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Many years ago they would have different store that would set up booths there and sell stuff.

When they brought it back a couple of years ago Turners was the only one there selling stuff because they were the ones pretty much putting on the show.

Most of all the manufactures will be there with all kinds of guns to shoot. Bring ears with you it can and does get quite noisy when shooting is going on. It will cost you anywhere from $1 to $5 to shoot the guns. It is a good way to shoot that gun you've been thinking about buying but don't know anyone that has one you can shoot. If you can go on Friday it will be more fun because there will be less people. If you go on the weekend try and get there as soon as the gates open. They will be very busy on the weekend.

Good info! Appreciate your response. Looks like Friday is the best bet, for me then. After watching the video Turners posted of last years event, I'll definitely be bringing eyes/ears. Sounded like the 4th of July out there! Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

morrcarr67
05-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Good info! Appreciate your response. Looks like Friday is the best bet, for me then. After watching the video Turners posted of last years event, I'll definitely be bringing eyes/ears. Sounded like the 4th of July out there! Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't know if CalGuns will be there or not but keep your eyes open for them. I met Penny's Dad there a couple of years ago. Nice guy and he gave me some good info.

cwin
05-28-2012, 5:21 PM
I've been to a couple recently. Not much to get excited about. I don't I'd go back any time soon.

nightwolf0215
05-28-2012, 10:19 PM
I am going cuz i heard ammos are cheap. Anyone confirm?

jdogg2000
05-28-2012, 10:47 PM
I am going cuz i heard ammos are cheap. Anyone confirm?

I'm also curious about this. I'm trying to convince my friend to skip CROTW and go to this instead, but he wants to buy ammo. Do they have any good ammo deals at the Raahauges show?

socalbowhunter
05-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Once you pay for parking (unless you park on the swap meet side and walk) and then pay $15.00 to get in, NOTHING is cheap, including ammo.

nocomply25
05-29-2012, 10:22 AM
You can just get reloads from people on calguns for cheap and they are reputable. Dont pay admission and do not pay parking...

jdogg2000
05-29-2012, 12:43 PM
You can just get reloads from people on calguns for cheap and they are reputable. Dont pay admission and do not pay parking...

Believe me, you've preaching the choir. I buy everything online, but there are certain people, however, that are so afraid of "the man" that they only want to pay cash for ammo so they go to shows and Walmart. That Serge guy does seem like a great alternative though.

socalbowhunter
05-29-2012, 1:28 PM
I've bought a lot of ammo from Serge. It's great ammo. I even use it when I compete.

rysmithjr
05-29-2012, 1:34 PM
That Serge guy does seem like a great alternative though.

Serge is great, I just bought another 1500 rounds from him this weekend.

nocomply25
05-29-2012, 2:06 PM
Believe me, you've preaching the choir. I buy everything online, but there are certain people, however, that are so afraid of "the man" that they only want to pay cash for ammo so they go to shows and Walmart. That Serge guy does seem like a great alternative though.

Funny i never even thought about that...man CA has people all paranoid with all these laws.

kb58
05-29-2012, 2:42 PM
CA doesn't own the term "paranoia"; read any survivalist forum and you'll see that it's pretty universal.

famas619
05-29-2012, 4:54 PM
Not me, im all stocked up on Jerky and WW2 figurines. I will wait it out until i move to ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! March 2013.

SuperSet
06-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Miwall .223 reloads $275.95 going fast. 9mm reloads $175.

roc_my_tims
06-02-2012, 10:48 AM
serge is the way to go for reloads very happy with my purchases.