PDA

View Full Version : Double Feed Jams w/ Daniel Defense M4V5 & Magpul 10/30 PMAG

ThePerfectExposure
05-27-2012, 9:58 PM
Went to the range yesterday for the second time with my Daniel Defense M4V5 and 2x Magpul 10/30 PMAGs and I had (2) Double Feed jams.

Fortunately, I went with a Marine friend and who was able to quickly fix the jams .

It happened twice with both of my magazines and my friend suspected that it is probably due to the magazines.

I have a (a) Magpul 30 that is blocked to 10 rounds and (b) a brand new 10/30 Magpul from Riflegear, and the jam occured once for both magazines.

Since I am really new to this, what could the problem be?

cmace22
05-27-2012, 10:33 PM
In general:

Double feed- two live rounds trying to occupy the same space= magazine issue

Double feed/Failure to extract- spent case left in chamber with a live round in behind it= extractor

Failure to eject/Stovepipe- casing is caught between the slide and barrel with a live round trying to feed from the magazine= extractor/ejector, spring, buffer, under gassed, short stroking.

If its a true double feed its a magazine malfunction. Try a few different mags. Of the three malfunctions above, which one matches best with the issues you are having?

ThePerfectExposure
05-27-2012, 10:36 PM
In general:

Double feed- two live rounds trying to occupy the same space= magazine issue

Double feed/Failure to extract- spent case left in chamber with a live round in behind it= extractor

Failure to eject/Stovepipe- casing is caught between the slide and barrel with a live round trying to feed from the magazine= extractor/ejector, spring, buffer, under gassed, short stroking.

If its a true double feed its a magazine malfunction. Try a few different mags. Of the three malfunctions above, which one matches best with the issues you are having?

It is the first one

cmace22
05-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Do you go to Angeles to shoot. If so i can meet you there and you can try a few of my mags to see if that solves the problem.

ThePerfectExposure
05-27-2012, 11:35 PM
No I have never been. I have been to Burro once. And I guess I am starting to go to Field Time here in Stanton

ir0nclash86
05-27-2012, 11:38 PM
buy some magazines that are dedicated 10 rounders and see how that goes.

Josh3239
05-27-2012, 11:50 PM
What a California-abortion mag failing to feed! No way!

Seriously, why do people buy these things? C Products and Promags have less problems than these things.

TNP'R
05-28-2012, 6:12 AM
What a California-abortion mag failing to feed! No way!

Seriously, why do people buy these things? C Products and Promags have less problems than these things.

Because they want to look cool and look like they have 30 rounders lol.

ZombieTactics
05-28-2012, 11:42 AM
My experience has been that blocked 20-round Pmags work better than blocked 30-rounders. That's just my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth.

Arson
05-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Both my 10/20's have feeding issues on the 9th rd. None of my 10/30's have any issues at all.

M_lizar
05-28-2012, 6:41 PM
My 10/30 pmags have been flawless and I have thousands of rounds through them.

BlueRidgeMan
06-10-2012, 5:22 PM
I had a double feed (two live rounds trying to feed at the same time) yesterday during a match with a new pmag 20. When I got home I loaded the mag carefully and noticed the tip of the 2nd round from the top was just over the front wall of the mag. In other words there was nothing to stop the 2nd round from getting dragged along with the top round. I also saw that if I squeeze the top of the mag the 2nd round dropped down to where it should be.

I'm now thinking the flexibility of the polymer walls cannbe problematic. Ive not noticed this with my other pmags or my 2 brownells aluminum Mag's. I think I might by more brownells mags- stiffer is better I think.