PDA

View Full Version : Shooting instruction

ulpian
05-27-2012, 8:34 PM
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I'm looking for basic / fundamental insturuction for rifle shooting, want to learn the porper way. Any one know any classes or contact that can share? Almost forget, I'm located in northern california, bay area.

Thanks in advance.

Atekhed
05-27-2012, 9:00 PM
Depending on what kind of instruction you are looking for (defensive carbine, precision rifle, etc...) will determine what kind of training you want/need.

For tactical/defensive carbine (AR/AK for example) classes can try the two listed below:

GrayOps: www.gofast1.com

Tactical Training Associates: www.WestCoastTacticalTraining.com

These are two I have personal experience with. I am sure others can chime in with other local Bay Area/NorCal recommendations.

Good luck!

Pthfndr
05-28-2012, 5:49 PM
Appleseed

jcjt
05-28-2012, 6:42 PM
i know you said you're located in norcal, but St. Crisipian in Socal is awesome. $75 a class, great instructor http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=467279

ulpian
05-31-2012, 6:47 PM
thx for all the info, I will check out Appleseed and others. It looks like Appleseed are more basic marksmentship, and not tactical or percision shooting training. Since I'm a rifle beginner, may be Appleseed a good place to start.

Anyway, Thx guys!

cannon
05-31-2012, 6:50 PM
thx for all the info, I will check out Appleseed and others. It looks like Appleseed are more basic marksmentship, and not tactical or percision shooting training. Since I'm a rifle beginner, may be Appleseed a good place to start.

Anyway, Thx guys!

Appleseed would be the best place to start. It will be the foundation for a whole world of shooting sports.

SURVIVOR619
05-31-2012, 7:22 PM
I think TORIS.ORG has an SF location... They are offering a "Carbine 101" course down here in San Diego this weekend. I was looking at their site and saw a bunch of their instructors listed in SF... Looks like they have both rifle and pistol instruction... The Carbine 101 is only $49... Good luck brother...

Respect from So Cal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk