PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911 *range report*

FLAWLS1
05-27-2012, 5:57 PM
I finally took my Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911 to the range yesterday and put 100 rounds through it. I had 7 failure to feeds and upon further inspection I saw that the rim of the shell got caught on the extractor. Has this happened to any of you guys with Sigs before? The first jam occurred on the last round and the other jams happened when inserting a full mag and pressing the slide stop or doing the sling shot method. Other than that the gun feels & shoots great! I'm going to put about 500 rounds through it and if the problem still occurs then I will call Sig Sauer. By the way the ammo I used and its what I always use is PMC Bronze FMJ.

jimmythebrain
05-27-2012, 7:12 PM
The external extractor can be problematic in 1911's. 1911 guns use a controlled feed that creates a three point position. When the extractor or other angles are changed then this can slow down the controlled feed to produce a jam.

I have three external extractor 1911's. One works perfectly out of the box, a 1st generation Sig 1911. The other two have had problems.

Faulty 1911 #1 is a Dan Wesson Bobtail "Patriot" commander length pistol (now called the CBOB). It was feeding fine was ejecting brass straight back at my face. This was sent back to Dan Wesson and they replaced the extractor. Runs perfect now.

Faulty 1911 #2 is a non-railed Sig 1911 Revolution 5" I bought used. It had variable failure to feed issues with three point jams. Cause was fixed at home with changing the recoil spring and getting better magazines (was using a weak springed Wilson 47D).

Try your pistol with some one magazine at a time, to see if it is specific to one magazine. If it happens with multiple magazines, then send it back to Sig.

FLAWLS1
05-27-2012, 7:54 PM
The external extractor can be problematic in 1911's. 1911 guns use a controlled feed that creates a three point position. When the extractor or other angles are changed then this can slow down the controlled feed to produce a jam.

I have three external extractor 1911's. One works perfectly out of the box, a 1st generation Sig 1911. The other two have had problems.

Faulty 1911 #1 is a Dan Wesson Bobtail "Patriot" commander length pistol (now called the CBOB). It was feeding fine was ejecting brass straight back at my face. This was sent back to Dan Wesson and they replaced the extractor. Runs perfect now.

Faulty 1911 #2 is a non-railed Sig 1911 Revolution 5" I bought used. It had variable failure to feed issues with three point jams. Cause was fixed at home with changing the recoil spring and getting better magazines (was using a weak springed Wilson 47D).

Try your pistol with some one magazine at a time, to see if it is specific to one magazine. If it happens with multiple magazines, then send it back to Sig.
It did it with both factory magazines and it also did it 1-2 times with Wilson 47D mags.

Sac-AR15
05-28-2012, 9:41 AM
Haven't had any issues with mine and I shoot my own reloads.

Plisk
05-28-2012, 10:33 AM
If it keeps happening, contact Sig. Sometimes you may have some hiccups during your first 500-1000ish rounds.

cfusionpm
05-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Not a single problem in my Nitron Rail... and I've shot 100% cheap Miwall Gun Show reloads.... Over 400 rounds without a single failure. If it keeps up, contact Sig.

Edit: That reminds me of a video I saw shortly before buying mine. Nutnfancy was having a lifetime of trouble with PMC Brass and his Sig 1911 (out of a Kimber 10 round mag). But it just seemed to NOT like PMC. In later videos, he talks about how much he loves his Sig 1911. Just... gotta avoid that Kimber mag and PMC ammo. You'll see the malfunctions about 2 min 30 sec in. And he talks about it again at the end.

tuTLHvWzM6U

socalbowhunter
05-28-2012, 11:20 AM
I have a Sig 1911xo and haven't had any FTF/FTE issues. My biggest issue was a horrible trigger. It was sloppy and gritty. I ended up taking it to a gunsmith for a trigger replacement and trigger job. He did a reliability package working on the ramp, replacing all the springs etc. Now it's my favorite handgun.

MaxMoto
05-28-2012, 12:40 PM
I finally took my Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911 to the range yesterday and put 100 rounds through it. I had 7 failure to feeds and upon further inspection I saw that the rim of the shell got caught on the extractor. Has this happened to any of you guys with Sigs before? The first jam occurred on the last round and the other jams happened when inserting a full mag and pressing the slide stop or doing the sling shot method. Other than that the gun feels & shoots great! I'm going to put about 500 rounds through it and if the problem still occurs then I will call Sig Sauer. By the way the ammo I used and its what I always use is PMC Bronze FMJ.

WWDHD?
05-28-2012, 1:22 PM
PMC ammo works just fine in my Rock Island Tac and any other firearm I own including shotguns. Remington UMC on the other hand I've had a few problems with.
Good luck with fixing that Sig. Very cool pistol.

jdogg2000
05-28-2012, 1:28 PM
PMC blows.... why would you shoot that in a gun that cost 1k and then blame the gun? Sorry but you are undeserving of that sig

I've never had any problems with PMC in 9mm, .45ACP, and .223 in any of my firearms... it ain't Wolf...

MaxMoto
05-28-2012, 1:35 PM

cfusionpm
05-28-2012, 1:45 PM
The video I posted seemed pretty evident that Sig 1911s don't like PMC ammo through Kimber mags (or PMC in general, since later on it ran WWB fine through the same mag). I've not personally shot any PMC, so I don't know. All I do know is mine loves Miwall reloads and WWB.

gant
05-28-2012, 1:46 PM
PMC blows.... why would you shoot that in a gun that cost 1k and then blame the gun? Sorry but you are undeserving of that sig

i dont get this statement, the statement should be

becuase its a 1k gun it should shoot ANY brass cased 45

my sig 1911 scorpion has shot hollow points, and cheap wal mart remington/federal/winchester thats all it actually eats, because thats where i get my ammo

i bought pmc bronze at big 5 because i was so lazy to drive to walmart and it shot fine in my sig scorpion

keenkeen
05-28-2012, 1:50 PM

point is you should try different types of ammo because not all ammo agrees with all guns... Instead of just buying the cheapest ammo and blaming a brand new high end pistol

so just because pmc cycles ok in a kimber it must work the same for sig?

you come on here asking for help and someone says try another brand of ammo and you tell them to f off?

With contributions like this, I guess it's about time for you to go thru and delete all of your posts again...

Good luck with that.

:rolleyes:

Kestryll
05-28-2012, 2:28 PM
Get a life and f*ck off! Kthxbye...

Well that was stupid...

At least you said goodbye.

MaxMoto
05-28-2012, 3:03 PM
With contributions like this, I guess it's about time for you to go thru and delete all of your posts again...

Good luck with that.

:rolleyes:

keenkeen
05-28-2012, 3:12 PM
ok chief :rolleyes:

Don't you mean:

"...."

or

"....."

Oh, wait wait, I bet you meant:

"......"

MaxMoto
05-28-2012, 3:16 PM

keenkeen
05-28-2012, 3:19 PM
thanks for the tip

You're welcome.

cwin
05-28-2012, 3:27 PM
PMC is gtg IMHO. Sorry to hear about your troubles flawless...it's a sweet looking 1911. Worse comes to worst, I know Sig will take care of it.

daybreak
05-28-2012, 7:38 PM
I think PMC is very good stuff. ymmv

Sac-AR15
05-28-2012, 7:44 PM
Besides using my reloads, I have used Blazer Brass,WWB,Fiocchi,PMC,Remington and had no issues.

erik_26
05-28-2012, 9:56 PM
OP is banned.

[/THREAD]

BannedCamp
06-20-2012, 1:34 PM
Well that was stupid...

At least you said goodbye.

OP is banned.

[/THREAD]

I'm FLAWLS1 and obviously I was banned until June 11, 2012 but why was I just banned earlier today for this same reason? Now it says my ban will be lifted on July 20th. Who banned me again for this and why? I made this account because I'm confused about being banned twice for this. Moderators/Admin can you guys help me please?

pc_load_letter
06-20-2012, 2:28 PM
I run Bullet_Mans reloaded 45s in my Sig SS rail 1911, with Chip McCormick 10 round mags (power plus) and it has been flawless for me.