PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot in bay area

sammy
05-10-2007, 6:48 PM
What i am asking is where can I go shooting in public land near SF bay Area? My folks have land out in the Sonora area where I go shooting but am looking for something closer than a 3 hour drive. Thanks, Sammy

tonb
05-10-2007, 6:53 PM
While I'd really love to hear people chime in with a bunch of fine BLM land places, unfortunately you're really going to be doing some driving. I understand there are some sorta local places, but it really doesn't fly. :(

jtv3062
05-10-2007, 7:16 PM
try doing a search this topic comes up from time to time

6172crew
05-10-2007, 7:33 PM
About the only places I know of to shoot in the bay area are local ranges, if you want to hit BLM land drive to NV. In 3 hrs you can shot your AR15 with a pistol grip and the cops could care less that your want to exercise your rights as an American.

Ive already posted 2 good spots in NV near Carson City that you can shoot cans, fruit, or whatever and one of them seemed to have folks camping in RVs about 3-400 yards behind us, the Carson City SWAT guys gave us a towel to lay on while we shot our rifle next to them...bunch of great guys.

3 hrs is worth not having to worry about what people think about your firearms unless you dont have the time then just go to the range.