View Full Version : Trigger lock on a break action SXS

05-27-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm in the process of purchasing a SXS shotgun with double triggers. At home the shotgun will reside in my safe, however between the safe and the outside world I'm going to need to transport it. At some points during this transport I'm going to be in a restroom, or a diner an unable to bring the shotgun with me- how do I continue to secure the shotgun?

- I dont see a viable option for a trigger lock
- I dont see a viable option for a cable lock

Am I constrained to locking this up in a case?

05-27-2012, 11:42 AM
There are chamber plugs you can install. I don't really know what you are concerned about keeping it locked for, tho. Are you leaving it with kids?

05-27-2012, 12:09 PM
I think the concern may be theft? If so, just cover it with a blanket and lock the car/truck. Not much more you can do.

05-27-2012, 4:25 PM
A hard case in the trunk of the car, or behind the seat of a pickup, should be more than sufficient. Out of sight provides a reasonable amount of security. Not total, nothing is perfect, but it should get the job done.

05-27-2012, 4:43 PM
I'm guessing it comes apart pretty easily. If you got one of the two pocket soft cases you could just lock the zipper. It would be half the size and probably not easily identified as a shotgun.