PDA

View Full Version : My AR w/New Scope - Pics - Weight Question

icenix
05-27-2012, 7:46 AM
Just got my new Nikon P-223 3-9x40 and added it onto my rifle. Can't wait to shoot it.

I want to thank everyone on CalGuns for the info I found on the forums that helped make this gun a reality. I have always wanted an AR and after heehawing for over a year I finally bought my lower back in the beginning of December and now it is finally done. I am running a Spikes lower with Moe stock and Houge grip connected to Bravo Company 16" upper with an added Harris Bipod.

Obviously my weight just shot up with the bipod and scope, but before that I just had MBUS and a forward grip.....anyway, when talking about weight, what weight would you consider "light weight" and what would be medium and heavy?

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee415/icenix25/IMG_2310.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee415/icenix25/IMG_2308-1.jpg

smittty
05-27-2012, 9:05 AM
Weight is personal preference.

I prefer light weight rifles. My favorie AR with optic weighs 7.25 lbs and it feels just right. It's heavy enough to hold steady but light enough to carry all day.

icenix
05-27-2012, 9:23 AM
Weight is personal preference.

I prefer light weight rifles. My favorie AR with optic weighs 7.25 lbs and it feels just right. It's heavy enough to hold steady but light enough to carry all day.

What optic are you running at that weight?

I thought my rifle was very light weight, but before the scope and bipod, back when I just had MBUS and a forward grip on it. Now, with the scope and bipod it had passed the 8 pound mark.

smittty
05-27-2012, 11:20 AM
I have the AR-332 on it and no back sights.

scglock
05-27-2012, 2:58 PM
I consider my uncle m&p sport to be light. It's about 6-7 pounds. Mine built ar is medium weight at about 9 pounds. Id consider 11 pounds and up heavy. But then again it's personal preference. Some people like light guns and some people feel more comfortable shooting something a little heavier

WDE91
05-27-2012, 5:31 PM
your bipod is on backwards...

icenix
05-27-2012, 6:13 PM
your bipod is on backwards...

lol, yeah, I know. I don't store it with the bipod on and I just threw it on for the photo so I really didn't pay too much attention to what I was doing.

Dreaded Claymore
05-27-2012, 7:13 PM
Light: You are glad to unsling it after marching with it all day.

Medium: You find yourself wanting to put it down at around mid-afternoon.

Heavy: You hate the damned thing after two hours.

Actual numbers depend on sling, muscles, lungs and heart of shooter.

negolien
05-27-2012, 10:39 PM
looks good grats