PDA

View Full Version : Gun control . . .Hugo style

vantec08
05-27-2012, 5:47 AM
http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/7009

From 1 June the commercial sale of firearms and ammunition will be banned in Venezuela, confirmed Venezuelan Justice and Interior Relations minister Tareck El Aissami yesterday.

parcours
05-27-2012, 6:11 AM
Lets see...

Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.... Do they have anything in common?

Castro did it in 1959, now Chavez in 2012.

"Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez announced on Tuesday that the government’s anti-crime program, the Full Life mission, will be launched in June. The program aims to bring together all the government’s citizen security policies into a holistic approach toward tackling violent crime and transforming the judicial and prison systems."

Pure communist rhetoric.

vantec08
05-27-2012, 6:16 AM
. .. . .and obammy in . ... . .. God forbid

AK all day
05-27-2012, 6:26 AM
Come and get em'.

VegasND
05-27-2012, 6:34 AM
I'm sure this will work well.

Just look at how peaceful and safe other countries where arms are forbidden to the public have become.

:p

Dutch3
05-27-2012, 6:42 AM
Just wow.

"The Presidential Commission for Disarmament and Control of Arms and Ammunition".

I think we have that here, it just hasn't been given an official name.

"In Venezuela carrying a firearm is legal with a permit; however the commission has previously stated that the government’s citizen security policies are aimed at the eventual disarmament of the civilian population."

Scary stuff.

TNP'R
05-27-2012, 6:57 AM
Just wow.

"The Presidential Commission for Disarmament and Control of Arms and Ammunition".

I think we have that here, it just hasn't been given an official name.

"In Venezuela carrying a firearm is legal with a permit; however the commission has previously stated that the government’s citizen security policies are aimed at the eventual disarmament of the civilian population."

Scary stuff.

ATF? Brandy campaign?

OHOD
05-27-2012, 7:45 AM
Lets see...

Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.... Do they have anything in common?

Castro did it in 1959, now Chavez in 2012.

"Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez announced on Tuesday that the government’s anti-crime program, the Full Life mission, will be launched in June. The program aims to bring together all the government’s citizen security policies into a holistic approach toward tackling violent crime and transforming the judicial and prison systems."

Pure communist rhetoric.

See! See! I told you so.
I wrote a thread not long ago about how the government would use backdoor gun control in the name of health care.

The key words are "Full Life" and "holistic", these are words that imply health care.

Gun violence in the community is a community health issue. Banning firearms is a community health intervention. You would be hard pressed to prove that gun violence is not a community health problem.

I hope, I really truly hope that 2A rights attorneys and organizations are considering this type of backdoor gun control.

Dutch3
05-27-2012, 7:51 AM
ATF? Brandy campaign?

Sure, ATF, DOJ, DHS, Brady, McCarthy, Hillary, Napolitano, Obama and "under the radar".

But is it an organized effort, or just a general idea? Maybe they all meet every third Wednesday at midnight under the old oak tree to discuss their evil plans.

Write Winger
05-27-2012, 7:54 AM
C'mon, can't have the opposition armed now can we?

Dutch3
05-27-2012, 8:02 AM
See! See! I told you so.
I wrote a thread not long ago about how the government would use backdoor gun control in the name of health care.

The key words are "Full Life" and "holistic", these are words that imply health care.

Gun violence in the community is a community health issue. Banning firearms is a community health intervention. You would be hard pressed to prove that gun violence is not a community health problem.

I hope, I really truly hope that 2A rights attorneys and organizations are considering this type of backdoor gun control.

Actually, gun control in Venezuela could be considered health care, as they have a very high murder rate, and something like 75% of the murders there are committed with firearms.

Strict gun control and permitting processes were enacted in 2002, but firearm murders have increased since then. I guess the criminals don't apply for permits. Now, HugoCare has seized all of the ammunition from the stores and they want to collect all the firearms. Somehow, I don't think this diagnosis and treatment is going to cure the illness. In this case, "holistic" means they are still going to be finding victims full of holes.

njineermike
05-27-2012, 8:10 AM
This has more to do with the fact that he's a dictator and has been accused of rigging elections than anything else. He knows good and well an armed populace could equal revolution.

Dutch3
05-27-2012, 8:17 AM
This has more to do with the fact that he's a dictator and has been accused of rigging elections than anything else. He knows good and well an armed populace could equal revolution.

Likely. They seized over 800,000 rounds of ammo because Chavez knows that one of them probably has his name on it.

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-27-2012, 8:30 AM
Likely. They seized over 800,000 rounds of ammo because Chavez knows that one of them probably has his name on it.

or he doesn't want them to rise up against him.

Dutch3
05-27-2012, 8:51 AM
or he doesn't want them to rise up against him.

That's what I meant. He knows he would end up like Gaddafi.

QQQ
05-27-2012, 10:57 AM
See! See! I told you so.

I hope, I really truly hope that 2A rights attorneys and organizations are considering this type of backdoor gun control.One of the toughest things about working in public health is dealing with people who believe this kind of stuff. I'm torn between disappointment and fear.

Sputnik
05-27-2012, 9:42 PM
Somehow I doubt things will end well for the average Joe in Venezuela. The criminals will continue only slightly inconvenienced by the "ban" while everyone else will have to rely on the "government’s citizen security policies" for protection...sure, who wouldn't feel safe?

NYsteveZ
05-28-2012, 7:41 AM
"Relations minister Tareck El Aissami "....This name does not sound very Venezualan to me. Hugo hiring help from Iran?