View Full Version : Trick for getting a pin out?

05-26-2012, 9:01 PM
Hi Folks,

I recently purchased a used CZ-75 SP01 and so far its been great. After a day at the range I decided to try and clean the extractor which only requires removal of a small pin on top of the slide. Even with a punch and hammer it wont budge. Does anyone have a trick to getting a pin out?

05-26-2012, 9:28 PM
Make sure the punch is the right size. Make sure the slide is on a solid surface so the surface isn't absorbing the impact. Drive the pin from the top of the slide to the bottom. It doesn't have to go all of the way out in order to remove the extractor... just far enough. The extractor slides out by sliding it towards the front of the slide (forwards into the ejection port). Best to hold something over it while you're sliding it forwards so the spring doesn't, you know, spring somewhere :)

All that said, I wouldn't bother unless you think there's a need or you're replacing the extractor spring. I have a couple thousand rounds through my SP-01 and have never removed the extractor.

Bug Splat
05-26-2012, 9:35 PM
Thats one part I really dislike about CZ's. I've only removed that pin once and punched it out from the top down. I would not remove it though, not worth it. Best to just wash it out with a spray like brake cleaner.

random name
05-26-2012, 9:58 PM
You can see where I F up the polycoat trying to get it out on mine.

A block of soft wood and right size punch,
or better yet shoot something like gun scrubber in there and blast it out with an air compressor.

05-26-2012, 10:37 PM
No need to remove it unless you're replacing the spring and/or re-profiling it. There's a howto here: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=30669.0