PDA

View Full Version : I want to sue California, can't buy police gun

frankm
05-26-2012, 8:59 PM
Here it is. A gun used by LE everywhere including inside California for decades. And Calif says it's not on the roster so it's illegal cause it's now unsafe? Where's my pro bono attorney?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/910/products_id/411545790/Used+Guns/Police+Trade+Ins/Used+S%26W+Model+10+38sp+Police+Issue

wildhawker
05-26-2012, 9:01 PM
Where's my pro bono attorney?

Right where you left them?

-Brandon

frankm
05-26-2012, 9:04 PM
If this would actually fly, I'd sign on to the lawsuit.

wildhawker
05-26-2012, 9:24 PM
See: Peņa v. Cid at http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Pena_v_Cid.

Freedom isn't free.

-Brandon

frankm
05-26-2012, 9:51 PM
Yeah I know. I'm just whinning. The S&W Model 10 is the kind of firearms California should want me to have. It's been used for decades, it's utterly reliable and safe, and has a low capacity without the ability to rapidly feed large ammo clips. Everything Calif loves. There is almost no better engineered revolver in the world.

cheetah45
05-26-2012, 9:54 PM
PPT??

Tiberius
05-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Check out the Calguns Federation and the list of litigation they're running - they're on pretty much all the issues. I'm pretty sure they have a roster challenge already in court. I'd encourage everyone to support them.

InGrAM
05-27-2012, 1:45 AM
I have 4 NIB CDC commemorative model 10's. How much you willing to pay? ;)

kcstott
05-27-2012, 8:15 AM
PPT
For every law there is a loop hole

trashman
05-27-2012, 9:05 AM
Yeah I know. I'm just whinning. The S&W Model 10 is the kind of firearms California should want me to have. It's been used for decades, it's utterly reliable and safe, and has a low capacity without the ability to rapidly feed large ammo clips. Everything Calif loves. There is almost no better engineered revolver in the world.

I agree with you that it's ironic that one of the most common handguns in the world is "unsafe".

However, as a sometime S&W collector myself, I should point out that

the current production version of the Model 10 (the 10-14) is legal for import into California
The Model 10 (also known as the M&P) has been made more or less since 1900. Around 6,000,000+ M&P guns have been manufactured since then.
Any Model 10 50 years or older (i.e., shipped before 1962!) is legal for importation. Heck, if you've got a C&R 03FFL, you can buy them out of state and self-register the gun upon return.
Every year that passes means more Model 10's are C&R eligible
If you absolutely have to have a Model 10-5 or 10-6, you can certainly have it converted to single action only and import it under the single-action exemption.
There are always used/consigned guns and PPTs, just takes some patience to find them.

--Neill

ewarmour
05-27-2012, 9:06 AM
Here it is. A gun used by LE everywhere including inside California for decades. And Calif says it's not on the roster so it's illegal cause it's now unsafe? Where's my pro bono attorney?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/910/products_id/411545790/Used+Guns/Police+Trade+Ins/Used+S%26W+Model+10+38sp+Police+Issue

Our states gun laws are retarded and that's why I donate to the Calguns Foundation and the Madison Society.

Reason doesn't work with the CA legislature, DOJ and much of the population so it must be the use of force through the courts.

Donate.

12voltguy
05-27-2012, 9:13 AM
I agree with you that it's ironic that one of the most common handguns in the world is "unsafe".

However, as a sometime S&W collector myself, I should point out that

the current production version of the Model 10 (the 10-14) is legal for import into California
The Model 10 (also known as the M&P) has been made more or less since 1900. Around 6,000,000+ M&P guns have been manufactured since then.
Any Model 10 50 years or older (i.e., shipped before 1962!) is legal for importation. Heck, if you've got a C&R 03FFL, you can buy them out of state and self-register the gun upon return.
Every year that passes means more Model 10's are C&R eligible
If you absolutely have to have a Model 10-5 or 10-6, you can certainly have it converted to single action only and import it under the single-action exemption.
There are always used/consigned guns and PPTs, just takes some patience to find them.

--Neill
bigger point might just be, we alll want that one at buds cause it's only $269 !;)

I have a lcp, those are like $289
in order to loophole it in, I have aprox $550 into it

these unjust laws are costing us big $$$$$$$$$$$$$:mad:

Bhobbs
05-27-2012, 9:41 AM
See: Peņa v. Cid at http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Pena_v_Cid.

Freedom isn't free.

-Brandon

Isn't Pena stayed pending Nordyke? Is there any hope of it moving forward in this decade?

Databyter
05-27-2012, 12:55 PM

The liberal anti-gun agenda isn't supposed to make sense or be consistent or fair.

I would love to see multiple lawsuits on many different grounds.

The "list" is a farce.

striker3
05-27-2012, 1:49 PM
The liberal anti-gun agenda isn't supposed to make sense or be consistent or fair.

I would love to see multiple lawsuits on many different grounds.

The "list" is a farce.

The list is not a farce, it is an ingenious money making scheme.

bombadillo
05-28-2012, 2:02 PM
I want one too, but donating to CGF twice a year is about all I can do till the damn roster is taken away. I'm guessing its gonna happen in :twoweeks:

orangeusa
05-28-2012, 4:49 PM
I bought a S&W pre 10 (M&P - NYPD mark on it) last week. Does that count? The LGS didn't know what to call it, so called it a model 10.

(Yes, not helping anything, but better than Kirk vs. fake-Kirk arg).

oni.dori
05-28-2012, 11:38 PM
I thought revolvers were generally exempt from the roster.

retired
05-29-2012, 1:48 PM
Stay OT please or the thread will be closed.

oni.dori
05-29-2012, 2:12 PM

It's a racketeering scheme at its most refined most definitely.

Librarian
05-29-2012, 2:22 PM

Hardly; all the state gets is the $200/year/model on the Roster, including the first year. As of today there are 1,314 models on the Roster - $262,800 a year. DOJ's proposed budget is $454,488,000 for 2012-2013, so the Roster brings in about 0.06% of their budget.

These days, can't afford to refuse money, but this one is hardly worth the effort (so, of course, they should just stop!)

ElvenSoul
05-29-2012, 3:25 PM
You can try and talk a gun smith into converting it into single action out of state. No list for Single Action Revolvers. After it is in your name the gun may be converted back to Single Action.

ElvenSoul
05-29-2012, 3:26 PM
You can try and talk a gun smith into converting it into single action out of state. No list for Single Action Revolvers. After it is in your name the gun may be converted back to Double Action.

Tiberius
05-29-2012, 3:49 PM
Whoa - if the roster only generates $200 / year per gun, if you factor in all the bureacratic time wasting that I'd assume is part of administering the roster, then the whole thing is yet another black hole for public funds.

One way to attack the roster is as a $500k - $1M per year (I'm guessing) boondoggle that has yet to exclude an actually unsafe gun (such as those that have been recalled) but instead keeps out the stainless but lets in the blued version of the same gun. Sounds like a candidate for a Golden Fleece Award.

XDshooter
05-29-2012, 3:54 PM
Hardly; all the state gets is the $200/year/model on the Roster, including the first year. As of today there are 1,314 models on the Roster - $262,800 a year. DOJ's proposed budget is $454,488,000 for 2012-2013, so the Roster brings in about 0.06% of their budget.

These days, can't afford to refuse money, but this one is hardly worth the effort (so, of course, they should just stop!)

The sad part is that they would probably make more money in the extra DROS fees if the roster was gone.

Also if the 1 in 30 was gone.