PDA

View Full Version : Interfamily transfers and loans

jbush
05-26-2012, 8:07 PM
I read the information on family transfers and what to clarify some issues.

!. I have a complete AR lower with a bullet button and rifle stock, no upper. Can I gift it to my grandson (1 year old) as a long gun? I understand there is no age limit.

2. I am giving some of my handguns to my adult sons who have saftey certs. Does the 1 per month law apply on transfers when they do the paperwork. Or can they do multiple guns in a month. If I'm reading right, they can only do 1 per month.

3. I have 2 RAWs, can I loan them to my sons to take shooting or do I have to be with them. They want to go shooting one more time before I transfer them to my Arizona residence, and I'm not sure I'm up to a desert trip when doing chemo.

I have terminal cancer and would like to get my firearms transfer out of the way in the next few months, so there are not issues (family or legal) once I'm gone.

Thanks

Thanks

Mssr. Eleganté
05-26-2012, 8:58 PM
!. I have a complete AR lower with a bullet button and rifle stock, no upper. Can I gift it to my grandson (1 year old) as a long gun? I understand there is no age limit.

If you and your grandson are both California residents then you can gift him that off-list AR lower as long as you have the permission of his parent. There is no minimum age requirement and it can even be a stripped lower.

2. I am giving some of my handguns to my adult sons who have saftey certs. Does the 1 per month law apply on transfers when they do the paperwork. Or can they do multiple guns in a month. If I'm reading right, they can only do 1 per month.

You can transfer multiple handguns to each adult child at once. In fact it's cheaper that way because they can report multiple handguns on one Op-Law/Intra-family form for just one $19 fee. Each adult child would only have to send in one form and $19 fee. Again, all parties involved must be California residents.

3. I have 2 RAWs, can I loan them to my sons to take shooting or do I have to be with them.

You have to be with them to let them shoot your RAWs and they have to be at least 18 years of age.

jbush
05-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Thank you for the fast reply!!!!!!

cc56
05-27-2012, 8:57 AM
I was looking around if and could not find the answer. If a child wants to give his parent a handgun, does the parent need an HSC? THanks

Mssr. Eleganté
05-27-2012, 12:44 PM
...If a child wants to give his parent a handgun, does the parent need an HSC? THanks

Yes.