PDA

View Full Version : PPT reality check

Dizos
05-26-2012, 6:50 PM
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum but it seems to be a "new guy" question. I've moved to California from out of state. I brought firearms with me that are California legal and have registered them per local requirements. I want to sell some here at Calguns. I want to make sure I understand the requirements for selling in California. From reading posts here I believe I can sell a firearm that is not a model "on the list" such as an old model High Standard and that I need to meet the purchaser at a FFL for the transfer paperwork. Am I missing anything?

sfhondapilot
05-26-2012, 7:09 PM
Do you have your CA driver's license / ID card?

Ed_Hazard
05-26-2012, 7:16 PM
PPT's are exempt from the Roster, only new gun purchases from an FFL fall under the roster restrictions. As the seller all you need is your Ca. ID, the buyer needs his/her Ca. ID, HSC card, 2nd proof of residence for HG purchase, as well as state approved lock or receipt showing purchase of such lock withen 30days of DROS.

Dizos
05-26-2012, 8:00 PM
Thank you for setting me at ease. Yes, I have a Ca ID.

Wicked Pete
05-27-2012, 6:13 AM
Welcome. I'm a long time shooter and still get confused about the new laws regarding gun sales.

A new law coming will require ALL rifles to go through DROS. Now there is no requirement, or some new crap...I don't know!!!

Hope you enjoy the forums.

Dutch3
05-27-2012, 6:32 AM
Currently, long guns that are 50+ years old (C&R) may be transferred between private parties without a FFL.

Long guns newer than 50 years must be transferred through the FFL/DROS process. Also applies to C&R long guns being sold by a 01 FFL.

A holder of a 03 FFL (C&R Collector license) may dispose of C&R long guns to a private party without DROS, provided he logs the transfer (disposition) in his bound book record.

Beginning in 2014, all long guns will be required to be transferred through a 01 FFL.

I think.

Simple, eh?

h0use
05-27-2012, 9:22 AM
welcome

BlackTydeTactical
05-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Welcome aboard!

frankDmole
05-27-2012, 7:20 PM
Welcome to CalGuns.

Ed_Hazard
05-27-2012, 7:25 PM
Currently, long guns that are 50+ years old (C&R) may be transferred between private parties without a FFL.

Long guns newer than 50 years must be transferred through the FFL/DROS process. Also applies to C&R long guns being sold by a 01 FFL.

A holder of a 03 FFL (C&R Collector license) may dispose of C&R long guns to a private party without DROS, provided he logs the transfer (disposition) in his bound book record.

Beginning in 2014, all long guns will be required to be transferred through a 01 FFL.

I think.

Simple, eh?

In short the 2014 law will change the info collected on the DROS by the FFL. Currently when you DROS a long gun thats all it states, long gun, no make model or serial number is recorded. After the new law in 2014 all that info will show up on the DROS just like a Hand gun DROS.

bsg
05-28-2012, 1:43 AM
welcome to the forum.

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-28-2012, 1:45 PM
welcome