PDA

View Full Version : The 'Everything Yee and SB 249 and bullet button' megathread - post here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wernher von Browning
05-22-2012, 6:47 AM
ETA - the page for the bill - SENATE BILL 249, SB 249 - is http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_249&sess=CUR&house=B&author=yee

The current text for the bill is linked from that page.

SEE ALSO the sticky threads in this forum:
Beginner's Guide to Reading California Bills and Bill Pages (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=161873)

In California, how does a bill become law? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=591209)

// Librarian

1. Recall Yee.

Why?
a) Send a clear message that messing with 2A will have career consequences. Figure that once recalled, your political career is over. (Viz. Gray Davis). Our glorious elected officials should be doing other, more important things. It's not like the state doesn't have bigger problems.
b) Fighting a recall will cost money, time, and effort. It's a PITA for the political critters.

Googling, I see somebody has already set up a web site. I don't think this particular site means squat but it's a start. Expect more to pop up.

http://www.change.org/petitions/recall-leland-yee-remove-leland-yee-from-the-california-state-senate

What's needed for recall --

State Senators, members of the Assembly, members of the Board of Equalization, judges of courts of appeal: 20% of the votes cast in the last election for the official being recalled
Circulation time: 160 days.

How many votes is that?
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Leland_Yee

I make that 20% of 249,657, or 49,934 eligible names on a recall petition.

His district covers half of San Francisco. Anybody think it might be possible to find 50K people in SF who want him out? (Beginning with the 52K who voted against him in the election...) Add all the gun owners in that district. Can we get signatures from a few thousand gun owners in the SF area?

The district has 427K registered voters. Need 12% of registered voters in the district to sign the petition.

How much will a recall campaign cost? I don't know but I would think that there is enough capital in the gun community to easily pay for the effort.

2. This whole flap was started by the local CBS affiliate doing an "exposé" of bullet buttons. CBS and its local affiliate care about one thing and one thing only -- advertiser revenue. Write letters to those advertisers. Picket them. Boycott them. Make it too expensive for them to continue buying ad time on KCBS / San Francisco. Extend that to any CBS affiliate anywhere, if you like.

ZNinerFan
05-22-2012, 6:50 AM
This is a good place to start. I also think we need to track who votes for or supports Yee's legislation and hold them accountable too.

taperxz
05-22-2012, 6:52 AM
What good does any of this do when the bill hasn't been drafted yet?

VictorFranko
05-22-2012, 6:53 AM
Make a donation to the Calguns Foundation to help them fight for our God-given and Second Amendment protected rights.

calguns foundation (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/donate.html)

Wernher von Browning
05-22-2012, 6:55 AM
What good does any of this do when the bill hasn't been drafted yet?

Just be ready.

Right now it's all hot air. That can change quickly. Be ready.

And... a viable recall campaign, getting underway, would be a shot across the bows and might get this idiocy pulled out of the system before it even begins to get traction.

And... I don't know how the recall process works regarding timing. Is it too late to get the signatures to have his recall on the November ballot? If a recall is a viable option, the window on that may be closing quickly.

Edit...
http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/recall.pdf

F. FILING OF PETITION - DEADLINE

Within 160 days from the time the Secretary of State notifies the
proponents that the form and wording of the petition is correct, proponents
must file a petition with the requisite number of valid signatures.
(Cal.Const., Art. II, Sec. 14(a))

J. NOTICE OF RECALL ELECTION

Upon receiving certification of the sufficiency of the recall petition from the
Secretary of State, the Governor must publish a notice for the holding of
such election. Officers charged by law with duties concerning elections
are required to make all arrangements for such election. The election
shall be conducted, returns canvassed, and the result declared, in all
respects as are other state elections. (§11110)

K. DATE OF ELECTION

An election to determine whether to recall an officer and, if appropriate, to
elect a successor, shall be called by the Governor and held not less than
60 days nor more than 80 days from the date of certification of sufficient
signatures. (Cal.Const., Art II, Sec. 15)

hoffmang
05-22-2012, 2:24 PM
Please hold your fire. Yee's bill may not be bad in its current form.

-Gene

Aldemar
05-22-2012, 2:37 PM
Let's just call it a "Safety Button". After all, it really does prevent an accidental release saving the toes of the shooter as well as any children which may be near.;)

b.faust
05-22-2012, 2:38 PM

-Gene

Should we call and politely say we don't agree with this course of action?

(I already did about an hour ago. I was very polite btw and said as an SF resident I didn't agree with this bill, nor his perspective on it being a loophole, thanks for your time, have a nice day....the person on the other end just grunted, said "uh-huh" a few times and thanks, noted, goodbye)

berto
05-22-2012, 2:54 PM
A recall effort isn't feasible, even if you had the bankroll to attempt it. Let's see how this all shakes out, the actual text and all that, before we start playing St. Jude.

I'll add that replacing Yee might yield a competent anti instead of a grandstanding buffoon.

spareparts
05-22-2012, 3:10 PM
I going post this statement in every bullet button or Leland Yee thread I can for a while. If it gets buried in the posts I’ll do it again and again. I don’t care if I get banned for being annoying or violating some kind of rule. Too many of us were content with just sitting back and e-mailing or calling our state reps and we lost UOC. So please contribute to Calguns or another pro-2A organization.

I’m asking everyone who owns a CA legal self loading semi automatic rifle with a bullet button to contribute at least the price of one bullet button, approximately $25. If you can afford it, contribute for each rifle you own that has a bb on it. Even if Lee doesn’t get anything through committees and to the floor the money will go to fight other issues that are sure to come up.

Here’s a link to save you some time:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=108030

bwiese
05-22-2012, 3:16 PM
Folks,
Let's calm down on this.

We're reacting to details we don't even know.

We also do not want to help build a better law, as some of the UOC people did when they weren't bright enough to realize they were helping leg aides design AB144.

Also, recall is laughable. Even if you would get him recalled, he'd still win the followup election
and would not cost him that much. Much different situation than the Dave Roberti recall almost
20 years ago - where it was closer situation and he had to spend all his $$ to win the primary
and then lose the general due to funding issues.

Alan Block
05-22-2012, 3:21 PM
Don't make it about guns, make it about shark fin soup.

CitaDeL
05-22-2012, 4:50 PM

-Gene

God, I love it when Gene trolls us on this stuff. Makes me smile, 'cuz I know something is working behind the scenes.

12voltguy
05-22-2012, 5:04 PM
I going post this statement in every bullet button or Leland Yee thread I can for a while. If it gets buried in the posts I’ll do it again and again. I don’t care if I get banned for being annoying or violating some kind of rule. Too many of us were content with just sitting back and e-mailing or calling our state reps and we lost UOC. So please contribute to Calguns or another pro-2A organization.

I’m asking everyone who owns a CA legal self loading semi automatic rifle with a bullet button to contribute at least the price of one bullet button, approximately $25. If you can afford it, contribute for each rifle you own that has a bb on it. Even if Lee doesn’t get anything through committees and to the floor the money will go to fight other issues that are sure to come up.

Here’s a link to save you some time:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=108030

Folks,
Let's calm down on this.

We're reacting to details we don't even know.

We also do not want to help build a better law, as some of the UOC people did when they weren't bright enough to realize they were helping leg aides design AB144.
Also, recall is laughable. Even if you would get him recalled, he'd still win the followup election
and would not cost him that much. Much different situation than the Dave Roberti recall almost
20 years ago - where it was closer situation and he had to spend all his $$ to win the primary
and then lose the general due to funding issues.

:TFH:

IPSICK
05-22-2012, 5:38 PM
God, I love it when Gene trolls us on this stuff. Makes me smile, 'cuz I know something is working behind the scenes.

This is what I'm starting to smell cooking as well.

:twoweeks:

However, there is a skeptic inside me that is a little worried.

Donate to CGF, donate to CGF, donate to CGF....

707electrician
05-22-2012, 6:42 PM
Im no lawyer but Yee's bill, as written, doesn't seem to do anything but make it illegal to manufacture an assault weapon with a "conversion kit" or even owning a "conversion kit"

pacifico23
05-22-2012, 6:46 PM
Whats this conversion kit. They are talking about mag magnets right? What about lpk that comes with reg mag releases? Furthermore are .22 lr conversion kits illegal now?? :rofl:

Burla
05-22-2012, 6:55 PM
I'm gonna get one of those Voodoo Dolls. Look what I found, a Voodoo Doll without a ball sac, perfect for Lee.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/thirteenfifty/thirteenfifty1201/thirteenfifty120100171/12093399-voodoo-doll-vector.jpg

BigDogatPlay
05-22-2012, 6:57 PM
1. Recall Yee.

Not likely or practical.

1) He is termed out in two years anyway.

2) He won his re-election in 2010 with the widest majority of any Democrat candidate for the Legislature.

3) His district, save for a few intellectual souls with conviction, largely thinks like he does. You aren't getting rid of him through a recall.

How much will a recall campaign cost? I don't know but I would think that there is enough capital in the gun community to easily pay for the effort.

More than you and all the people on the board are willing to spend.

I want to kick butt just as much as any of you, but in this matter I have to concur with Gene and Bill (who are closer to it than I am anyway) that waiting to see what this becomes and not making a lot of kick just yet might be a good course of action for the time being.

Cyberstalking Yee's Facebook, spamming his offices and making lots of calls probably wouldn't hold a lot of sway with him. He is in the Feinstein mold of "turn 'em all in", and there is no way that leopard will change his spots.

If the bill actually makes it through committee then we should see what it really is and act both accordingly and responsibly.

nicki
05-22-2012, 7:04 PM
We don't have the resources and on this issue in San Fran, it would go nowhere.

Long term we need to replace anti gunners at the local level so that when they get to state office, they are our friends.

Nicki

SkyMag68
05-22-2012, 7:07 PM
Let not speculate, wait in :twoweeks:

Personmans
05-22-2012, 7:36 PM
Whats this conversion kit. They are talking about mag magnets right? What about lpk that comes with reg mag releases? Furthermore are .22 lr conversion kits illegal now?? :rofl:

The SB249 text is pretty clear. A .22lr conversion kit would not be considered a "conversion kit" in their definition. I agree with others that we should not speculate too much at this point.

pk308
05-22-2012, 8:03 PM
As I said in another thread on this issue that appears to have been deleted (thank you), do not give speculation of what may or may not be legal under this PROPOSED law. It is to easy for them to change it right now. As Bill and Gene said, be patient and wait. This is a game of chess, think a few moves ahead here.

vincewarde
05-22-2012, 8:22 PM
Also, recall is laughable. Even if you would get him recalled, he'd still win the followup election and would not cost him that much.

Our focus should not be on Yee, he is clearly a lost cause. We need to strategically pick a committee member or two that we can actually produce some movement in our direction and block it that way.

We also need to make it really clear that this law is probably unconstitutional and that we will definitely fight it in the courts. They need to know that this bill - if enacted - will not only cost the state a lot in legal fees, but potentially even more in damages. This is the angle that will give Gov. Brown the cover he needs to veto it - if it gets that far.

creampuff
05-22-2012, 8:39 PM
that would be fun if we started a campaign of misinformation.

Like if we started 10 different threads about how

"even if the bullet button were banned, we could still have a functional rifle by replacing it with a flux bolt spring"

"oh I hope he doesn't ban the flux bolt spring too"

and then one year later SB250 - banning of the flux bolt spring.

Palmaris
05-22-2012, 9:51 PM
that would be fun if we started a campaign of misinformation.

Like if we started 10 different threads about how

"even if the bullet button were banned, we could still have a functional rifle by replacing it with a flux bolt spring"

"oh I hope he doesn't ban the flux bolt spring too"

and then one year later SB250 - banning of the flux bolt spring.

They can not ban Flux Bolt Spring-it is illegal per UN regulation and Geneva conference 1954. But they can easy ban Spinning Linear Transverse-that's not require a lot of effort.

USMCforLIFE
05-23-2012, 5:06 PM
Since we really don't need a lot of threads, I have merged most of them into this one.

The actual bill is at http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_249&sess=CUR&house=B&author=yee

After some behind-the-curtain discussions, it seems OK to talk about whatever.

Yes, the thread will seem a bit disconnected because several conversations will be merged by time order. That isn't really that important, and will straighten itself out as the thread goes on.

But please, no more new threads.

// Librarian

http://youtu.be/HfgCK1z68co

NRA's got our side

repr patriot
05-23-2012, 5:09 PM
I would hope so.
Hopefully it will get banned and we can go back to a conventional magazine release. :)

wildhawker
05-23-2012, 5:13 PM
It's hilarious to hear Chuck talk about this stuff.

-Brandon

Baconator
05-23-2012, 5:14 PM
Thanks for posting this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

radioman
05-23-2012, 5:32 PM
Last year it was the video games, this year the bullet button. What ever we are paying this guy is to much, Peter Griffin could do a better job, and for less money. I think this thing will die on the vine, so to speak.

hawk1
05-23-2012, 6:25 PM
HfgCK1z68co

HowardW56
05-23-2012, 6:34 PM
It's hilarious to hear Chuck talk about this stuff.

-Brandon

I was assuming that he was a few cocktails into the evening...

USMCM16A2
05-23-2012, 6:35 PM
Brandon,

What do you mean by hilarious?. A2

pTa
05-23-2012, 6:37 PM
Chuck Mitchell = Hero

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=151248&stc=1&d=1337827592

wildhawker
05-23-2012, 6:40 PM
Brandon,

What do you mean by hilarious?. A2

Not hilarious; I meant sad.

-Brandon

unusedusername
05-23-2012, 6:42 PM
Ed is awesome!

pTa
05-23-2012, 6:57 PM
I found it funny for another reason/ It's just hilarious explaining CA gun laws to people from free America/
You can imagine the listeners thinking "WTF?!"

jrr
05-23-2012, 7:00 PM
I like that the video refers to Mr. Michel as a "civil rights attorney". Dang straight he is.

Gun rights=civil rights.

tonelar
05-23-2012, 7:01 PM
Mebbe Mitchell is in on the whole (loose lips sink ships) tactic?

monk
05-23-2012, 7:06 PM
Is it me or did it seem like the guy was giving all the credit of the work done in CA to the NRA?

WTSGDYBBR
05-23-2012, 7:14 PM
I hope it don't pass.I also hope after they win they take them back to court for the assault weapon ban. I also hope they use his quote on how this defeats the assault weapon ban and there is no reason to keep it.

USMCM16A2
05-23-2012, 8:06 PM
Guys,

When I listened to the video of Chuck Michel, I was pleasantly surprised that the NRA/Mr Michel on the story so early. I believe that this means that they are in there working to hammer this bill into submission. Another $25 to CGF, and another for the NRA. Thanks, A2

chris
05-23-2012, 8:18 PM
pretty good interview.

jaymz
05-23-2012, 8:24 PM
IBTNRADDSFCC!
(In Before The NRA Doesn't Do **** For California Crowd)

tonelar
05-23-2012, 8:35 PM
Im very happy with the NRA record here in SF. Just cause they keep a low pro doesn't mean they've abandoned us.

JSolie
05-23-2012, 8:40 PM
I thought it was a pretty good interview. Was it just me, or did someone have a muffled burp?

Zebra
05-23-2012, 9:19 PM
:43:
Not hilarious; I meant sad.

-Brandon

scarville
05-23-2012, 9:35 PM
No Comment.

(IBTL/D)

javalos
05-24-2012, 6:27 AM
Interesting radio interview, I always thought the magnet on top of the bullet button was pushing it and essentially defeats the purpose of the bullet button, I mean why even have one when the magnet tool really reverts the rifle to a regular magazine release. Mind you I don't like the law and the bullet button, I dream of a BS free California, but the magnet is no bueno.

SanPedroShooter
05-24-2012, 8:20 AM
God bless Chuck Michel.

interstellar
05-24-2012, 9:08 AM
For what it's worth, this is the reply I received from my Senator (Doug LaMalfa) this morning:

Dear Mr. Koenig:

I received your e-mail urging my opposition to Senate Bill 249 (Yee), a bill relating to assault weapon conversion kits. As you mentioned, I am a strong supporter of our Second Amendment rights and will continue to oppose legislation that violates or interferes with that right.

Unfortunately, SB 249 passed the full Senate on May 5, 2011 by a vote of 30-9 and subsequently passed the full Assembly on July 14 by a vote of 48-21. The bill has been returned to the Senate for a vote of concurrence with the Assembly amendments and may be taken up in the near future. I am opposed to this bill and voted in opposition to it when it came before me last year. Should it pass the Senate as amended, it will go to Governor Brown for his signature or veto.

If you are interested in tracking this or other legislation, you can access the bill text, analyses, status and vote history from my Senate homepage at www.sen.ca.gov/lamalfa.

Again, thank you for writing. You are always welcome to contact my office on other issues of interest to you at the state level.

Sincerely,

Doug LaMalfa
Senator, Fourth District

HowardW56
05-24-2012, 9:37 AM
Wow, were they talking about the same bill... It wasn't amended until 5/22

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0201-0250/sb_249_bill_20120522_status.html

For what it's worth, this is the reply I received from my Senator (Doug LaMalfa) this morning:

Dear Mr. Koenig:

I received your e-mail urging my opposition to Senate Bill 249 (Yee), a bill relating to assault weapon conversion kits. As you mentioned, I am a strong supporter of our Second Amendment rights and will continue to oppose legislation that violates or interferes with that right.

Unfortunately, SB 249 passed the full Senate on May 5, 2011 by a vote of 30-9 and subsequently passed the full Assembly on July 14 by a vote of 48-21. The bill has been returned to the Senate for a vote of concurrence with the Assembly amendments and may be taken up in the near future. I am opposed to this bill and voted in opposition to it when it came before me last year. Should it pass the Senate as amended, it will go to Governor Brown for his signature or veto.

If you are interested in tracking this or other legislation, you can access the bill text, analyses, status and vote history from my Senate homepage at www.sen.ca.gov/lamalfa.

Again, thank you for writing. You are always welcome to contact my office on other issues of interest to you at the state level.

Sincerely,

Doug LaMalfa
Senator, Fourth District

mrdd
05-24-2012, 9:46 AM

Dear Mr. Koenig:

Sincerely,

Doug LaMalfa
Senator, Fourth District

I think that it a robo-letter.

Prince50
05-24-2012, 10:10 AM
I think Chuck did a gret job on the interview.

Most folks here have not been around long enought to remember that Jason Davis and Chuck Michel were instrumental in my early success with the Bullet Button and the earlier Prince50 mag locks.

We need to stop name calling, and infighting here. Both the NRA and Calguns are important to the future of firearms rights in California, and both deserve our support. support is needed both financially and with effort.

Donate to Calguns today please.

Darin

Edited to correct my darn name! I feel like a total Yeetard....rotflmao

interstellar
05-24-2012, 11:28 AM
I believe the bill is coming back to the Senate for ratification but Sen Yee plans to amend it again. I'll call his office (LaMalfa) for clarification.

skyscraper
05-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Okay - I'm a total newb here and joined since hearing Yee's submission on SB 249.

I may be wrong, but that's how I read it.

Welcome to the forum. Please check this thread out for news on the bullet button and Yee related threads.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=575459

Patrick Aherne
05-24-2012, 11:49 AM
I just sent an email to Lee expressing my opposition to the bill and pointing out he will be hearing from lots of retired cops if he screws up the RAW clean-up with this bill. I live in his district and am not happy.

c good
05-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Since Sacramento is so sensitive to wording and anything that pertains to firearms how about just renaming the bullet button? Make it sound less evil. Let's call it the "SB 23 compliant mag button (SB23CMB)" Or "tool required release (TRR)", or the "secondary safety button, SSB"....etc...etc...etc....I'm kinda saying this tongue in cheek but the more I think about it the more I'm liking the idea. It is all about touchy feely marketing. Especially with the anti 2nd dimwits in Sacramento. JMHO....c good

Meplat
05-24-2012, 12:24 PM
I crossed the line with a thread I posted last night and asked to be deleted. Thankfully, it now is.

I did also, but after about 3 minutes reflection I deleted it myself. Why would you have to ask for it to be deleted? Not trying to be a wise guy, it’s just that I am not that puter savvy and really don’t understand how the forum works, technically.

jwkincal
05-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Since Sacramento is so sensitive to wording and anything that pertains to firearms how about just renaming the bullet button? Make it sound less evil. Let's call it the "SB 23 compliant mag button (SB23CMB)" Or "tool required release (TRR)", or the "secondary safety button, SSB"....etc...etc...etc....I'm kinda saying this tongue in cheek but the more I think about it the more I'm liking the idea. It is all about touchy feely marketing. Especially with the anti 2nd dimwits in Sacramento. JMHO....c good

PCMD

Politically Correct Magazine Disassembler

goober
05-24-2012, 12:42 PM

Dear Mr. Koenig:

Sincerely,

Doug LaMalfa
Senator, Fourth District

Wow, were they talking about the same bill... It wasn't amended until 5/22

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0201-0250/sb_249_bill_20120522_status.html

I think that it a robo-letter.

I believe the bill is coming back to the Senate for ratification but Sen Yee plans to amend it again. I'll call his office (LaMalfa) for clarification.

it was a gut & amend. Yee took an Ag bill and replaced the entire thing with the "assault weapon conversion kit" stuff.
it will have to come back to the Senate and should have to go through the Public Safety and Appropriations Committees, if I'm not mistaken, before potentially being voted on again.

Baconator
05-24-2012, 12:47 PM
I wish I had the dough to get a proposition to end the gut and amend practice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Meplat
05-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Okay - I'm a total newb here and joined since hearing Yee's submission on SB 249.

I pulled up his bill. What a joke!!! It was originally a bill he submitted back in 2011 related to agricultural facilities. My guess is that his original SB 249 was going nowhere.

Clearly he just replaced the text in his original bill and replaced it with text regarding "assault weapon conversion kits". I am surprised our "wise" leaders are allowed to re-draft previously submitted bills into totally unrelated topics (but I digress).

It looks like the "new" SB 249 does not try to ban our "bullet buttons" themselves (i.e. the bullet button mag release). After reading the text of the bill, it looks like Yee is trying to ban the "mag magnet" and any other tools that would be deemed a "conversion kit" that once attached to the release makes the weapon an AW.

I don't like it either way, but the bill looks to be going after tools and magnets that will attach to our bullet buttons, not the actual bullet button mag release itself.

I may be wrong, but that's how I read it.

Welcome aboard! We have sworn off technical, descriptive, or strategic discussion on this topic; so as not to educate our enemies. Maybe one of the mods could give a better description of what we are trying to avoid. I would think discussion of generally how to bring the most opposition to bear on the legislature would be KO. But not of what our various lobbyists and 2A organizations may be trying to accomplish.

Mike

IVC
05-24-2012, 1:15 PM
Since Sacramento is so sensitive to wording and anything that pertains to firearms how about just renaming the bullet button? Make it sound less evil.
It is all about touchy feely marketing. Especially with the anti 2nd dimwits in Sacramento. JMHO....c good

The problem is that they will pick up the Brady's terminology. Hence we have "high capacity clips," "assault weapons," "assault clips," "military-style assault rifles," etc.

If your wish were granted, it would more likely be something more evil, such as "assault clip loophole device," or "law bypass tool," or "cop killer button." You get the idea.

Lawmonkey33
05-24-2012, 4:54 PM
Welcome aboard! We have sworn off technical, descriptive, or strategic discussion on this topic; so as not to educate our enemies. Maybe one of the mods could give a better description of what we are trying to avoid. I would think discussion of generally how to bring the most opposition to bear on the legislature would be KO. But not of what our various lobbyists and 2A organizations may be trying to accomplish.

Mike

Got it - thanks for the heads up!!!

torquefliteterror
05-24-2012, 7:23 PM
not sure if this has been posted, if so just move along , don't be DB and Dupe post me. this if for those who haven't seen it.

AS PER MODERATORS REQUESTS -please do not discuss the topic in detail. as the gungrabbers don't need any help rewriting their filthy bill.

Yee's arrogance is disgusting. I really am sick of Liberal Democrat rule in Califas.
I'll have to say Gene is a class act.

zjS6cruqrx8

tiki
05-24-2012, 7:39 PM
First time I've seen it. Thanks for the post.

NotEnoughGuns
05-24-2012, 7:45 PM
Our BB equipped ARs are such a huge problem :willy_nilly:, the first time Lee heard about them was two weeks ago on the news. :shrug:

What a *******

VL221
05-24-2012, 7:49 PM
Thanks

calnurse
05-24-2012, 7:54 PM
Get him Gene!

bigdawg86
05-24-2012, 8:02 PM
I'm not the dupe police... but this has been viral here on CG. Reason why you don't see any posts on it is because they have deleted the threads so we don't talk about the bill and give Kim Jon Il's brother any ideas he could use.

JSolie
05-24-2012, 8:03 PM
Thank you for sharing that. I hadn't seen the video about it yet.

monk
05-24-2012, 8:04 PM
This was actually posted but people kept discussing ways around the proposed law and so the thread had to be deleted for the sake of keeping anti-2A people in the dark.

erik_26
05-24-2012, 8:06 PM
The first time I was able to watch it too. Thanks.

Meplat
05-24-2012, 8:09 PM
I'm not the dupe police... but this has been viral here on CG. Reason why you don't see any posts on it is because they have deleted the threads so we don't talk about the bill and give Kim Jon Il's brother any ideas he could use.

That sir is an insult to Kim Jon Il!

Robidouxs
05-24-2012, 8:10 PM
What is the likelihood the bullet button will be banned?

ZirconJohn
05-24-2012, 8:14 PM
Nice job Gene... GO GET'EEM...!!!!!

And if you need me, just say one word and I am there... and, and...

...and ...yes... and I will... yes I will... I'll... I'll even BUY A SUIT AND TIE...!

Yes... ya...! I'll DO IT...! :mad: :laugh: :D

Just wanna show ya I mean it... gosh, I aint weared a suit and tie since... 1991 :eek:

Remember my name Gene... I'll be watchin' fer ya, and I'll contact you :yes:

Anyone else wanna buy a suit and tie...?

Cactus_Tim
05-24-2012, 8:20 PM
Then there's the lack of crimes being committed with bullet buttoned rifles that makes this legislation so unnecessary.

Clownpuncher
05-24-2012, 8:21 PM
In keeping with the wishes of the moderators I will not discuss the merits of the bullet button. I would like to discuss the following quote from Sen Yee:

"it is extremely important that individuals in the state of California do not own assault weapons..... That's just chrystal clear, there's just no debate, no discussion"

Why is it important that Californians don't own these guns? I would argue that they are not really assault weapons. When I think of assault weapons I don't think of these anymore. Maybe 30 years ago but there are plenty of other firearms I think of when I think assault weapons, and to be honest, they are all automatic weapons.

Regardless, what makes California so special that they shouldn't own these guns and how is it chrystal clear. I truly don't understand the statement or the thinking behind it.

Meplat
05-24-2012, 8:22 PM

One of the reasons politicians are politicians is that they can’t really do anything but kiss *** and look pretty. (Hay! It just dawned on me that when Yee is chasing prostitutes he is sort of hanging with his own.) I could build a full-auto weapon in my garage in about three or four hours with simple hand tools and a vise; but if they can’t figure it out let’s not educate them.

monk
05-24-2012, 8:31 PM
In keeping with the wishes of the moderators I will not discuss the merits of the bullet button. I would like to discuss the following quote from Sen Yee:

"it is extremely important that individuals in the state of California do not own assault weapons..... That's just chrystal clear, there's just no debate, no discussion"

Why is it important that Californians don't own these guns? I would argue that they are not really assault weapons. When I think of assault weapons I don't think of these anymore. Maybe 30 years ago but there are plenty of other firearms I think of when I think assault weapons, and to be honest, they are all automatic weapons.

Regardless, what makes California so special that they shouldn't own these guns and how is it chrystal clear. I truly don't understand the statement or the thinking behind it.

I'm equally concerned as to why the Senator refuses to even consider open discussion. Not only is he attacking the 2nd, he's attacking the first. At least in the context of the story...and we know how honest news agencies are. :rolleyes:

4DMASTR
05-24-2012, 8:33 PM
"there's just no debate, no discussion"

That is that part that irks me to no end. What kind of elitist a-hole even says something like that in America???

Meplat
05-24-2012, 8:39 PM
Nice job Gene... GO GET'EEM...!!!!!

And if you need me, just say one word and I am there... and, and...

...and ...yes... and I will... yes I will... I'll... I'll even BUY A SUIT AND TIE...!

Yes... ya...! I'll DO IT...! :mad: :laugh: :D

Just wanna show ya I mean it... gosh, I aint weared a suit and tie since... 1991 :eek:

Remember my name Gene... I'll be watchin' fer ya, and I'll contact you :yes:

Anyone else wanna buy a suit and tie...?

Last time for me was my son’s wedding. His oldest child is 14, and they waited forever to get her started. I have told my family that if they burry me in one of those monkey suits I will come back and haunt them. But for CGF I will do it.

CrackedShot
05-24-2012, 8:49 PM
So when does Senator Yee start wearing a Redcoat?

Nice analogy Gene!

The powdered wig would be a nice touch as well.

Sonic_mike
05-24-2012, 8:55 PM
From my cold dead hands!

Lc17smp
05-24-2012, 8:55 PM
The lack of consequences for public servants must stop. Everywhere you turn they are running a muck with no fear of recourse. Propose a bill, gets deemed illegal or unconstitutional, go straight to jail. (think de Leon)

torquefliteterror
05-24-2012, 9:08 PM
What is the likelihood the bullet button will be banned?

AT THIS POINT IT'S ALL SPECULATION- we shouldnt discuss details.

Lets hope Jerry Brown vetos this if it gets to him. I guarantee it will return though.(in the video Yee even states he is ready for the fight) SB23 was vetoed by Gov. Wilson. Then as the progressives got more seats in the house and senate, they sent it back up and Gov. Davis sealed our fates. the changing demographic of cali to "minorities" which have been indonctirinated through out their lives to hate white men and republicans , are just enough to tip the votes in favor of the Progressives.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/jul/13/news/mn-55480

ubet
05-24-2012, 9:17 PM
Gene as I tell my cow dogs "get a holt, rip an ear off"!

engi
05-24-2012, 9:21 PM
Go get em Gene!

Jason P
05-24-2012, 9:23 PM
Gene, the back-home NC creeped out around the edges when you mentioned Lee wanting to be General Gage... LOL, kick ***! Reminded me of home. I got a shipment of Duke's and Phillip Brothers country ham coming in this week, I may have to watch that again while eating a country ham sandwich:) Carry on...

ebourqui
05-24-2012, 9:26 PM
http://www.ar15parts.info/images/LelandYeeAsGeneralGage.jpg

Jason P
05-24-2012, 9:28 PM

Dude... That's funny!

Flogger23m
05-24-2012, 9:28 PM

You can't buy assault weapons anywhere in the USA. This is an assault weapon:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Shoulder-launched_Multipurpose_Assault_Weapon.jpg

Though anti gun people lump modern rifles/shotguns/handguns into the term. A rifle with a BB is fixed, it requires a tool to remove. Just like every other firearm.

They make it seem like we can get firearms that where banned already... but we can't. An AR type rifle with a fixed magazine functions differently from those with without them.

Hopefully this won't go through as ARs are certainly in common use.

alice901212
05-24-2012, 9:29 PM
Reason why you don't see any posts on it is because they have deleted the threads so we don't talk about the bill and give Kim Jon Il's brother any ideas he could use. :D

ZirconJohn
05-24-2012, 9:32 PM
What if someone banned chopsticks?........I bet he wouldnt like that would he?

Not the same thing...

Ya kaint poke an eye out with a bullet button...! :no:

Them chopsticks are assault weapons...! :pinch:

alfred1222
05-24-2012, 9:33 PM
What if someone banned chopsticks?........I bet he wouldnt like that would he?

Ok, this is racist. Second, thanks for the video OP

Big-Kr3w
05-24-2012, 9:42 PM
Makes me sick.....

mreed
05-24-2012, 9:46 PM
he disgusts me....

chris
05-24-2012, 9:47 PM
the arrogance of these legislators is appauling. they are the ones who wrote the law. we followed it and now they don't like it. sounds like buyers remorse to me.

go get'em Gene.

could this be the case we have been waiting for?

LuciusKang
05-24-2012, 9:48 PM
NANANANANANANANANANANANANANA HOFFMANG!!!! :D

Well, since Yee is prepared for the fight, we might as well break out the roller... haha.

http://eightzero.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/steamroller.jpg

JDS
05-24-2012, 9:50 PM
This was actually posted but people kept discussing ways around the proposed law and so the thread had to be deleted for the sake of keeping anti-2A people in the dark.

LOVE IT! "In the dark" is an understatement.

truthseeker
05-24-2012, 9:53 PM
The legislators in this state still seem to come up with their "new law" that cover old laws every year to justify their existence.

I wish there was a law that made all legislators jobs part time positions.

I bet this state would have the biggest voter turnout ever if a law like that made the ballot!!

Tacobandit
05-24-2012, 9:57 PM
Where does he get the ****ing balls to say californians cant own ar rifles? What a POS

Sealawyer
05-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Why does this clown Yee have a job?

nicoroshi
05-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for posting this OP. First time I have seen it.

al123
05-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Yee is a typical opportunist. He didn't even know about the bullet button issue until a few weeks ago. IMO, he wants to get back into the limelight since he got his ears stapled in the SF mayoral race.

Also typical of him: "It is extremely important that individuals in the state of California do not own assault weapons..... That's just crystal clear, there's just no debate, no discussion."

Wow he's just soooo brilliant; just trust Uncle Yee! :rolleyes: Too bad most other states don't seem to have a problem.

Yee tends to play the victim card. People here can say what they want, but bringing up banning chopsticks and making him Kim Jong-Il's brother just fits into his meme that those he opposes are bigots.

Congrats to Mr. Hoffman on an excellent response despite (IMO) the biased presentation of the news report.

GOEX FFF
05-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Anyone notice the smart cookie Gene is?
At the 2:06 part of the video, it shows a label on the magazine noting that it is holding 10 ROUNDS.
A few reasons I feel I know why this was important to show on camera, :thumbsup:

760knox
05-24-2012, 10:49 PM
They just don't get it. Criminals do NOT comply with weapon laws.

FalconLair
05-24-2012, 10:59 PM
i dont get you people...cant you see that he is just trying to protect us? Obviously he gets to decide what is best for everyone :rolleyes:

I had an uncle like that...hated the guy...wonder if I can get him to pay my taxes for me, since I can't take care of myself or make my own decisions :D

rexblaine
05-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Too much government...

mosinnagantm9130
05-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Four words: "In common use test"

Also, nice AR Gene!

gobler
05-25-2012, 1:07 AM
Thanks for posting.

Great to see Gene put out good facts.
Yee is one evil SOB.

Ten Rounder
05-25-2012, 1:47 AM
I could become a taylor, cause the senator will be making 4 million new felons. You(we) will all need a suit for our trials. Where would he put us?

SOCAL-PRINCE
05-25-2012, 4:29 AM
Thanks for posting. Dang, it's too early to be this angry....LOL.

kwansao
05-25-2012, 4:57 AM
bringing up banning chopsticks and making him Kim Jong-Il's brother just fits into his meme that those he opposes are bigots.

More shameless racism on calguns .. No f'ing surprise there

5thgen4runner
05-25-2012, 6:21 AM

Oh wow calm down....

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Farrier-1
05-25-2012, 6:53 AM

Agreed.

I actually don't care and do not take it personal. It does bother me that a fewselect lack professional communication
and show absolutely no respect to the opposition.

Thankfully, we have CalGun's and the NRA for representation.

glockman19
05-25-2012, 7:09 AM
Thank you Gene

HowardW56
05-25-2012, 7:11 AM
Thank you Gene

:iagree:

Manolito
05-25-2012, 7:17 AM
What label describes an individual who tries to take away freedom and the rights under the Declaration of Independance?

Mr. Hoffman thank you for what you do!

Respectfully,

Bill

Capybara
05-25-2012, 7:25 AM
While I agree with all of the sentiments expressed here, veering into racist insults for Senator Yee is wrong. It is morally wrong and it gives our opposition a good tool to perpetuate the "redneck, racist, white, middle aged gun owner" stereotype without even trying.

Those of you with the racist jabs are undermining our cause, you should keep those to yourself if you truly feel that way. I am sure that our Asian Calgunners must be squirming every time they see those posts, artwork too. I really like our community here, we are collectively amazing but seeing those posts about Kim Jong Il, chopsticks, is incredibly disappointing to me. We need to fight our opponents with intelligence, logic and firm resolve, not racism.

chris
05-25-2012, 7:28 AM

look where he is from that's why.

REH
05-25-2012, 7:51 AM
Thanks for the post. I have not seen the vid before this.

Nick1236
05-25-2012, 7:52 AM
I didnt know Hoffman invented the BB. Thanks for posting the video.

Jason_2111
05-25-2012, 7:54 AM
While I agree with all of the sentiments expressed here, veering into racist insults for Senator Yee is wrong. It is morally wrong and it gives our opposition a good tool to perpetuate the "redneck, racist, white, middle aged gun owner" stereotype without even trying.

Those of you with the racist jabs are undermining our cause, you should keep those to yourself if you truly feel that way. I am sure that our Asian Calgunners must be squirming every time they see those posts, artwork too. I really like our community here, we are collectively amazing but seeing those posts about Kim Jong Il, chopsticks, is incredibly disappointing to me. We need to fight our opponents with intelligence, logic and firm resolve, not racism.

Do you know what you call a Chinese idiot?

An idiot.

His stupidity comes from his being a slimy politician, and anti-gun liberal... it has absolutely nothing to do with him being Chinese, asian, or whatever. Stupid comes in a lot of flavors. ;)

HBrebel
05-25-2012, 7:57 AM
can we ban idiot politicians?

HBrebel
05-25-2012, 7:59 AM
And what about the politician+$$$ loophole. the one where politicians solicit $$ from corporations, friends and use tax dollars as well, to ban things that give them night terrors.

soopafly
05-25-2012, 9:06 AM
Not accurate, due to editing.

More complete answer:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=575895

soopafly
05-25-2012, 9:14 AM
"you're playing the race card"

"stop being so PC"

:rolleyes:

Maestro Pistolero
05-25-2012, 9:17 AM
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but:

Any law that is designed primarily to reduce the performance of common, garden variety semi-automatic rifles, also reduces the performance of the second amendment for all of it's core purposes. I'll be glad when, one day soon, that argument prevails.

Leland Yee: " . . . there is no debate, no argument."

gunsmithcats
05-25-2012, 9:29 AM
Geez. I'm Asian and find those kim jong Ill comments hilarious . Then again I guess I got a thick skin from being a Marine

ubet
05-25-2012, 9:34 AM

Because all the f**ktards in the bay area vote for him.

Arkangel86
05-25-2012, 9:45 AM
This guy needs to be impeached :26:

SmokinAces
05-25-2012, 9:50 AM
16 Billion Dollars in the hole, they don't want to balance our state budget and this what they are worried about, more people have left this state than are moving in here now in this state history, the people that have governed this state have ruined it.

motorhead
05-25-2012, 9:53 AM
well done gene!
yee looks hungover.

highpowermatch
05-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Geez. I'm Asian and find those kim jong Ill comments hilarious . Then again I guess I got a thick skin from being a Marine

I am of Italian ancestry and if people automatically ask me what kind of pizza I like, is that racism? Refering to ones race vs actually discriminating against them are two different things. Some folks need to take a chill pill.

BTW I love the basic combo and a good ol pepperoni!! :)

SkyMag68
05-25-2012, 10:08 AM
He is just another typical Anti guns liberal from SF...

krisjon
05-25-2012, 10:13 AM
With his record near Civic Center and South Van Ness in the city, Yee needs to be trying to legalize prostitution instead of trying to make the bullet button illegal.

luxluger
05-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Worthless, meaningless, do nothing law. He should remove the strikeouts and go back to dairy cows.

Dreaded Claymore
05-25-2012, 11:10 AM
I want to remind everyone that one of the best parts of our society is the presumption of innocence. When cops who don't know the law arrest people for possession of "assault weapons," we Calgunners are skeptical of the charge, until evidence is presented that demonstrates that "assault weapons" actually are involved. I think we'd do well to treat other suspicions the same way.

Senator Yee is a shameless opportunist. Not only does he attempt to abridge the right of self-defense, with which we are endowed by the Creator, but he does so merely as a ploy to get re-elected. I detest him and will oppose his efforts. But he was not convicted of soliciting prostitutes, and I therefore presume that he is innocent. In order to uphold a just and free society, I must protect his rights, for his rights and my rights are one and the same.

Wherryj
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
If the NRA really has our back, can they up the ante and send over the SAF and Mr. Gura? I'd love to see Gura, Michel, Kilmer and a few others school this Republik about how laws are supposed to work and how rights are supposed to be respected.

Dreaded Claymore
05-25-2012, 11:16 AM
I saw a marked contrast between Gene Hoffman and Leland Yee in that video. Senator Yee is sitting back in his desk, and rendering dispassionate replies to the interviewer's questions. He says he's ready to fight and fight hard, but I'm not sure I believe him. Meanwhile, Gene is leaning forward, and his replies are firm declarations.

A final clue that Gene is better prepared for battle than Yee: Gene has a rifle. :gunsmilie:

IPSICK
05-25-2012, 11:19 AM

I don't squirm, I just do this :facepalm:

and thank God it's not those "ignorant rednecks" fighting for my gun rights.

Instead, we have intelligent people like Gene.

IPSICK
05-25-2012, 11:21 AM
I am of Italian ancestry and if people automatically ask me what kind of pizza I like, is that racism? Refering to ones race vs actually discriminating against them are two different things. Some folks need to take a chill pill.

BTW I love the basic combo and a good ol pepperoni!! :)

You're of Italian ancestry but I don't blame you for the slaughter of millions by Roman Catholics in the past do I?

IPSICK
05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Btw, thick skin is fine but what's wrong with being a little self-critical if someone finds your comments a little offensive?

Just as you expect others to accept the joke and move on can you accept the critical commentary and move on?

Northern Lights
05-25-2012, 11:36 AM
What can we do to take Senator Lee out of office?

highpowermatch
05-25-2012, 11:51 AM
You're of Italian ancestry but I don't blame you for the slaughter of millions by Roman Catholics in the past do I?

Chopsticks - "slaughter of millions" OK you win.

Taxidave
05-25-2012, 11:55 AM
I wish he would have mentioned in the interview what the purpose for the "Mag Magnet" is. That is when you leave California and enter the United States you can use your firearm like Americans can.

regalado1
05-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Hypothetically speaking...say they do "ban" the bullet button. What does that mean for all of us that currently have them? Would they suddenly be illegal and we would all have to convert them to featureless builds? or would they be grandfathered?

I guess the other option would be to permanently affix the magazine to the rifle.

Mostly just curious. I need to find the bill (as it currently sits) and read through it.

Thanks.

Von_Richthofen
05-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks OP and Well said Gene!! I'm for passing laws that prevent Yee and his ilk from getting public office... Yee, put down the Koolaid!!

ENTHUSIAST
05-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Go Gene!

How many Anti-Gun law makers are gonna keep trying to take away our 2A rights it seems like they just keep lining up for the job!

With Obama and Holder going Fast and Furious with the ATF working illegally to produce false flag events to take away our right to keep and bear... We the People seem under seige by the King and the Kings men constantly!!!

Stay vigilant gentlemen we are in strange times.

torquefliteterror
05-25-2012, 12:58 PM
What can we do to take Senator Lee out of office?
There is no point, he will be termed out soon I believe. He would just be replaced by another bay area traitor.
http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2011/06/redistricting-will-test-alliances

the only thing one can really do is try to get more people register and vote Republican(and even then there is no real garauntee) . That is a monumental task. You are up against an education system and media that is constantly bombarding children with progressive ideology. By the time they are ready to register to vote they believe that the Republican party is a party of rich white racist oppressors and the Democrat party is the party of the oppressed , women and freedom .

Since we have a representative republic, it the job of our representatives to block this kind of stuff, but the almost single party rule that has evolved here in Cali has almost completely insured the leftists can get almost anything turned into law.

I was amazed Leno's single payer bill was tabled, not even the Democrats would fully support it. link below
http://californiaonecare.org/sb-810-killed-on-the-california-senate-floor/

lear60man
05-25-2012, 1:04 PM
What are the chances of this getting signed by Brown?????? About as good as the Open Carry Bill had. Thats my opinion.

Besides the insult "its not open to debate", It irks me when others try to impose their feelings or opinions on others. No more Shark Fin soup for you! How do you like us imposing our culture on you?

chris
05-25-2012, 1:07 PM
What are the chances of this getting signed by Brown?????? About as good as the Open Carry Bill had. Thats my opinion.

almost none IMO since he also signed the long registration bill also. that goes into effect in 2014. so IMO he will sign it.

i also think you have a good sense of humor and know when people are joking.

DVLDOC
05-25-2012, 1:12 PM
"there's just no debate, no discussion"

That is that part that irks me to no end. What kind of elitist a-hole even says something like that in America???

+1 Sounded like a TRUE DICTATOR

torquefliteterror
05-25-2012, 1:16 PM
almost none IMO since he also signed the long registration bill also. that goes into effect in 2014. so IMO he will sign it.

I hope your wrong. I hold on to a little hope. He did lay off of the "bullet button" scene while he was AG.

I am praying to the four winds, that he sees this as unecessary and gives them a big fat veto.

Don't worry CBS5 or some other treacherous bay area media will push for more regulation. I'm sure there will be a leftist politician ready to heed the call.

hoffmang
05-25-2012, 6:13 PM
Four words: "In common use test"

Also, nice AR Gene!
Credit where credit is due. That AR is Nicki's and she had the tape on it that said 10 rounds. I found out I needed to be at the range about 30 minutes after I'd left my house and the ability to grab an AR...
I invented a predecessor version and the legal explanation and helped finalize the version we all know and love from Darin Prince. My lead in words were on the editing floor.

-Gene

goober
05-25-2012, 6:47 PM
Mostly just curious. I need to find the bill (as it currently sits) and read through it.

Thanks.

Yes, you do. And then you need to refrain from posting "hypotheticals", questions, ideas, or anything else regarding the details of the bill, what it will or won't do, it's shortcomings, etc.
Please.

huntercf
05-25-2012, 7:51 PM
It never ends in this craphole of a state. The BB was designed to satisfy a law and now they want to ban it, and I seriously doubt they will grandfather us in. So what another 10 - 20 years before the possibility to overturn all this garbage. After they have said that guns are only worth half the scrap metal value, plus heaven forbid we have a budget crisis and they need to get rid of some more tax revenue, plus make more people felons and need to spend more money to house them (uh, I mean us).
Why don't they ban catalytic converters and all the other smog equipment, same reasoning, they were put on cars to satisfy a law to lower emissions, but someone could remove them so they should be banned, it's for public safety.

formerTexan
05-25-2012, 8:20 PM

Besides the insult "its not open to debate", It irks me when others try to impose their feelings or opinions on others. No more Shark Fin soup for you! How do you like us imposing our culture on you?

lol, I kept reading to see if shark fin soup needed to be mentioned. you can guess where Kim Jong Yee stood on that ban...

for full disclosure, I'm a naturalized U.S. citizen from Hong Kong. luckily for me, my family saw the need to leave before the chicoms take over. I certainly enjoyed the ribs that Yee is getting in this thread, but I'm sure someone is offended, pretty much comes with any humor, just ask the Poles/Polish/Pollacks ;)

Shenaniguns
05-25-2012, 8:20 PM
Gene, you represent us very well. :cool2:

Write Winger
05-25-2012, 8:46 PM
I've gotten into the habit to correct anyone who ever uses the word "loophole" to instead insert "liberty". It spreads fast.

They call it a loophole in the law, I call it liberty in the law. They are trying to take something away from you when they call liberty a loophole.

Write Winger
05-25-2012, 9:08 PM
And not to sound too paranoid for the enemy, but isn't comparing Yee to the General who came for the Bostonian's arms not the best idea... after all, how did the Bostonians react? It wasn't with a lawsuit.

Honeydos
05-25-2012, 9:10 PM
I loved the ultra dramatic red lighting splashing all over the "evil rifle.". No media bias there at all. I thought i was watching the prelude to a satanic ritual.

Santa Cruz Armory
05-25-2012, 9:19 PM
Another attempt to strip Californians of their rights. Write, call, email, show up at his office. Tell Mr. Yee to pound sand!

Great job Gene!

TNP'R
05-25-2012, 9:52 PM
What gets me is he says there is no debate and no discussion. This is America buddy the government is for the people by the people. If we don't have a debate/discussion then this might as well be china.

Stonewalker
05-25-2012, 11:21 PM
What gets me is he says there is no debate and no discussion. This is America buddy the government is for the people by the people. If we don't have a debate/discussion then this might as well be china.

I know, I honestly don't think we could have asked for better words from an true believer/anti-gun politician.

Yee's words
"It's extremely important that Californians don't own assault weapons, there is no debate, no discussion"

My question
But so-called assault weapons are just some semi-automatic rifles which are banned, while other functionally-identical rifles are not banned. Why is it important that Californian's don't own one type of rifle but a functionally-identical rifle is OK?

In my limited experience, the only people ignorant enough to suggest banning semi-automatic firearms are the ones who also think that banning all firearms is both possible and an effective method for reducing crime (read: people who don't know how to think critically).

Tacobandit
05-26-2012, 1:23 AM
So I posted a very respectful, informative opposition to his BB legislature, I basically gave him my perspective on it as someone who has worked in law enforcement/public safety for over a decade, someone who has been on hundreds of homicide scenes, robberies, shootings, gang violence, etc and informed him that of the few hundred rifles I have seen involved in these crimes there has been exactly ZERO rifles booked that had a BB installed. So apparently he doesnt like being told the truth because he runs from it, here is what I posted on his wall.

Senator, maybe you should take a look at your own FB page here at the overwhelming opposition to your proposed bill. You are an elected official, you do what WE want not what you believe is best because you are dead wrong. As an individual who has worked as a law enforcement officer and who has been on hundreds of homicide scenes, robberies, shootings and worked in gang-infested areas i can tell you exactly how many BB equipped rifles have been involved in crimes is a resounding zero. BB are used by law abiding citizens and all you are doing is making it easier for criminals to prey on YOUR voters. This is the titanic of your career and its sinking fast so i suggest you abandon ship now.

mosinnagantm9130
05-26-2012, 1:27 AM
Solution? Make a fake profile, post it again.

Chances are any opposing viewpoint will get deleted though.

Tacobandit
05-26-2012, 1:40 AM
No you should go to his page he is getting ripped apart by every person on his page no one is supporting him but im the only one who posted any real experience out there and i am completely undermining his entire fear propoganda that californias greatest threat is the BB equiped rifles so he probably crapped himself when i shot that down

tbhracing
05-26-2012, 1:52 AM
Can we vote him out?

OrenG
05-26-2012, 2:30 AM
So I posted a very respectful, informative opposition to his BB legislature, I basically gave him my perspective on it as someone who has worked in law enforcement/public safety for over a decade, someone who has been on hundreds of homicide scenes, robberies, shootings, gang violence, etc and informed him that of the few hundred rifles I have seen involved in these crimes there has been exactly ZERO rifles booked that had a BB installed. So apparently he doesnt like being told the truth because he runs from it, here is what I posted on his wall.

Senator, maybe you should take a look at your own FB page here at the overwhelming opposition to your proposed bill. You are an elected official, you do what WE want not what you believe is best because you are dead wrong. As an individual who has worked as a law enforcement officer and who has been on hundreds of homicide scenes, robberies, shootings and worked in gang-infested areas i can tell you exactly how many BB equipped rifles have been involved in crimes is a resounding zero. BB are used by law abiding citizens and all you are doing is making it easier for criminals to prey on YOUR voters. This is the titanic of your career and its sinking fast so i suggest you abandon ship now.

The problem is Yee doesn't have to worry about any of us that don't live in San Francisco, and the ones that do are outnumbered by anti-gunners.

Yee may be a senator of CA, but he only represents San Francisco. I don't think it's fair that he should be able to introduce legislation that will effect all of us when we can't do anything about it considering our own representatives may or may not be in favor of it, and the fact that is is how our government works.

NotEnufGarage
05-26-2012, 5:01 AM
The problem is Yee doesn't have to worry about any of us that don't live in San Francisco, and the ones that do are outnumbered by anti-gunners.

Yee may be a senator of CA, but he only represents San Francisco. I don't think it's fair that he should be able to introduce legislation that will effect all of us when we can't do anything about it considering our own representatives may or may not be in favor of it, and the fact that is is how our government works.

Call AND write your legislators in opposition to Yee's bill.

Cite the fact that you find it hypocritical that his family fled a totalitarian state, just so he could grow up to impose one on the population of California.

Lil Bawbee
05-26-2012, 5:49 AM
What part of "no debate no discussion" didnt you understand?

Paul S
05-26-2012, 6:01 AM
No you should go to his page he is getting ripped apart by every person on his page no one is supporting him but im the only one who posted any real experience out there and i am completely undermining his entire fear propoganda that californias greatest threat is the BB equiped rifles so he probably crapped himself when i shot that down

While frustrating and maddening would you REALLY expect anything else?

Hang in there friend. Good try anyway.

TNP'R
05-26-2012, 6:05 AM
Can I get a link to his page. I found him but there's no place to comment.

Dutch3
05-26-2012, 6:16 AM
While frustrating and maddening would you REALLY expect anything else?

Very true. When presented with facts, just make them go away. It works for most other politicians.

Dutch3
05-26-2012, 6:17 AM
Can I get a link to his page. I found him but there's no place to comment.

http://www.facebook.com/VoteYee

erik_26
05-26-2012, 6:28 AM
It is impossible to rationalize with any person of a political party in which its members will literally sit in a tree for 2 years in hopes of preventing it from being cut down.

There is almost no way to combat this. Ignorance is strong in certain parts of this state.

Without significant bank roll to make and air Public Service Announcements to educate the general public, we wont be gaining any brownie points where it counts.

Unfriend Yee, perhaps that will hurt him more than any comment you can post.

TNP'R
05-26-2012, 6:44 AM
http://www.facebook.com/VoteYee

Thank you.

mdimeo
05-26-2012, 7:06 AM
please stop engaging with yee! No possible benefit can occur!

TNP'R
05-26-2012, 7:09 AM
please stop engaging with yee! No possible benefit can occur!

Last time I looked he works for the California citizens if we can't discuss issues with him then what kind of country is this? No one is flaming him with insults. As far as I can see people are being civilized and fair in their comments.

SanPedroShooter
05-26-2012, 7:11 AM
I see no issue with expressing displeaure at his ill thought out actions, provided there are no techinical specifcs.

I let him know in no uncertian terms that I oppose his bill and will not comply with any new law creating another class of 'banned' firearms.

This is the line in the sand.

akirpal78
05-26-2012, 7:12 AM

would it be ok if I posted your statement on his Facebook page? and everyone should repost it as many times as they can.

FastFinger
05-26-2012, 7:20 AM
Do you think Yee or his staff ever update the page while they're officially on the government clock? If so wouldn't that page be considered an official government publication, and if so are there any 1st amendment policies that would apply?

I recall that a college online "letters to the editor" page pretty much had to change their policy and "undelete" several posts that they erased due to contrarian content.

speedrrracer
05-26-2012, 7:20 AM
Does anyone here actually think Yee sees that page?

It was created by interns, it's run entirely by interns, and they delete anything that doesn't serve their master.

taperxz
05-26-2012, 7:49 AM

Oh the ignorance:facepalm:

FalconLair
05-26-2012, 8:11 AM

It was created by interns, it's run entirely by interns, and they delete anything that doesn't serve their master.

thats exactly right, your boy never even sees your posts

one more thing, when is this bill supposed to be voted on? haven't been following it

gregshin
05-26-2012, 8:13 AM
I believe under CA law we have the power to recall any elected official. Do u think it's possible?

NealDA
05-26-2012, 8:19 AM
I re-posted your words, but stated that the truth is often deleted there before hand, and said they were not my own words.

taperxz
05-26-2012, 8:26 AM
I believe under CA law we have the power to recall any elected official. Do u think it's possible?

Not possible in his district. He has allies.

NotEnoughGuns
05-26-2012, 8:40 AM
What label describes an individual who tries to take away freedom and the rights under the Declaration of Independance?

Tyrant

Sneaky
05-26-2012, 8:42 AM
I saw there is a petition on Change.org. Recall Senator Yee

NYsteveZ
05-26-2012, 8:50 AM
I posted a comment that blasts him respectfully. Veterans need to put him on notice-You do NOT say "No debate, no discussion". That alone is unconstitutional, and I dont care if this bill was for something completely unrelated. No debate, no discussion=tyranny.

Also-Please keep the comments respectfull/professional. My aunt is into politics in Florida, and YES they look at their FB page. Look at Yees track record with media-He got the whole BB idea from watching TV, Im sure he looks at his computer.

NealDA
05-26-2012, 8:52 AM
I find it more disgusting that he had just completely RAPED an agricultural bill just to throw it in motion so damn fast.

=Mike=
05-26-2012, 9:17 AM
http://www.change.org/petitions/recall-leland-yee-remove-leland-yee-from-the-california-state-senate?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=share_button_modal

General
05-26-2012, 9:38 AM
Petition signed. Letter sent. Axe handle and pitchfork?

Dutch3
05-26-2012, 9:43 AM

Well, they must all be out getting hammered today, because the comments against SB 249 are really piling up.

The Gleam
05-26-2012, 9:48 AM
As everyone here knows, ever since the L-Angle Buttress DI-Divot Support was introduced in order to imbibe increased oscillation of the direct-impingement flocculation extension rod and retainer pulpit, negating the mag-release action and making the catch superfluous altogether, it is a system that clearly lies outside any definition of a "conversion" in any way or form.

This is also partly because it is an integral utilitarian segment of the action as a replacement part, and therefore not a "conversion". And as numerous squads of Navy SEALS and Marine Green Beret and other military SOCOM units have been using it as standard issue since the M4 was introduced, it slates the system as standard faire.

Some know the civilian after-market part as the King's-100, but no matter what you call it, it is fundamentally a better application of ingenuity, and makes the traditional bullet-button as we know very soon a thing of the past.

While more than twice the cost of most any bullet-button on the market, it's clear that Yee's proposal would not address the King's-100 as the bill is currently written.

I spoke with a good number of others, including my gunsmith who is an advanced Glock Master-6R level gunsmith, and a friend of mine that worked as the chief foreman of research and development at Military Armament Corporation for several years, and we have all come to the same opinion.

What are some of your thoughts on how Yee's proposal does not address the King's-100? :confused:

pointedstick
05-26-2012, 9:50 AM
Well, they must all be out getting hammered today, because the comments against SB 249 are really piling up.

Yeah, we're totally overwhelming it. Let's keep the pressure up!

creampuff
05-26-2012, 9:57 AM
I brought this up awhile ago. That legislature would be flummoxed as how to handle the flux bolt spring option once the bullet button has been banned.

The flux bolt spring is much less complicated than the King's-100, and is purely mechanical, unlike the more intricate design of the King's 100.

.......................... - deleted

al123
05-26-2012, 9:59 AM
This guy Yee wants attention and BB is a good way of getting his name out there. He is succeeding.

he got beat in the SF mayor race and needs a comeback, somehow show he is relevant..

This is right on the money. He more than got beat, he got flattened. And his campaign spent a ton of money.

He could care less about rational discussion, or constitutionality of a particular ban. Of course most California politicians probably fit this description.

For me of all the topics to jump on why ban bullet buttons? IMO, after an Imperial size *****-whooping he received in his last election, Yee has to pick a relatively easy target. I hate to say this but semi-auto rifle owners being a tiny constituency may be viewed as a vulnerable mark. Or what he thinks is vulnerable.

Yee and political forces of his ilk obviously will try to demonize firearm owners:

"Why do you need to own a gun? No one needs it. "

"Why do you want to own an assault rifle people-mutilator-baby-seal-destroyer? "

"Only the insecure, unbalanced, bigoted, and those who need to prove their manhood want dangerous weapons. "

I don't know if Yee or his staff read Calguns forums, but I would not be surprised if they are scouring around looking for ammunition for their side.

The Gleam
05-26-2012, 10:01 AM
I brought this up awhile ago. That legislature would be flummoxed as how to handle the flux bolt spring option once the bullet button has been banned.

The flux bolt spring is much less complicated than the King's-100, and is purely mechanical, unlike the more intricate design of the King's 100.

True, but they might still consider the "flux" as a "conversion" like a bullet button, even though it is on par with the King's. In no possible way can the King's 100 be considered a "conversion". I think the King's 100 would actually be the qualifier as to why the "flux" would NOT be considered a conversion, but the King's 100 has to stand the test first.

VMCJ-3
05-26-2012, 10:01 AM

Thanks... Does anybody know how to get nasally propelled coffee out of a keyboard?
BTW, well done Mr. Hoffman!!

nad24LA
05-26-2012, 10:02 AM
SSSSHHHHH. Don't help them

VaderSpade
05-26-2012, 10:04 AM
I do believe the King's-100 is also exempt from the broad definition of “conversion kit”

The Gleam
05-26-2012, 10:06 AM
SSSSHHHHH. Don't help them

Ridiculous. There have been so many threads and posts, here and on other website over the last several days, that discussing it at this point isn't going to make a dent. :rolleyes:

Nice tinfoil hat by the way. :TFH:

skyscraper
05-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Ridiculous. There have been so many posts over the last several days that discussing it at this point isn't going to make a dent. :rolleyes:

Nice tinfoil hat by the way. :TFH:

You must not have noticed that most have been deleted. Take a second to look around and read the writing on the wall.

swift
05-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Loose lips ...

Maestro Pistolero
05-26-2012, 10:09 AM
DELETE THIS. WTF?

creampuff
05-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Your interpretation of conversion is far reaching and humorous at best. The flux bolt spring would never be considered a "conversion" by even an liberal court system.

nick
05-26-2012, 10:12 AM
I thought, it was clearly expressed that we should not help Yee and Co. make his bill worse. They read this forum, you know. You want to discuss this, take it offline.

NYsteveZ
05-26-2012, 10:14 AM

Or shop (lifting) and looking for hookers.

I would love for him to explain on a Memorial day weekend at that-That ANY bill is NOT up for debate or discussion.

nick
Your interpretation of conversion is far reaching and humorous at best. The flux bolt spring would never be considered a "conversion" by even an liberal court system.

Would you like to be the test case? Gotta have CGF vet it when/if the bill is passed, then we'll talk. At $40 per, it's still not a bad deal though, and it's not that much in the overall cost of an AR. Wish they worked out their production issues though, they've been out of stock for months, with the Obama scare, and now this.

creampuff
I thought, it was clearly expressed that we should not help Yee and Co. make his bill worse. They read this forum, you know. You want to discuss this, take it offline.

Stop denying our First amendment rights.

USMCM16A2
Kings 100,

What the flux bolt are you guys talking about? :D:D:D A2

The Gleam
05-26-2012, 10:15 AM

There lies the worry in the very sentence you stated: "liberal". I wouldn't put it past them. Yee is so liberal, not a single tube of toothpaste in his house has a cap on it, because he keeps trying to install them by turning to the left.

skyscraper
05-26-2012, 10:15 AM
DELETE THIS. WTF?

Every day, another calgunner figures something out that nobody on earth has thought of, then finds it necessary to post it on the foremost gun discussion site for california. And then wont take a polite hint that it is best to keep this off the boards.

skyscraper
05-26-2012, 10:16 AM

First ammendments right on a private forum?

ooooooooook.

FalconLair
05-26-2012, 10:16 AM
I don't know if Yee or his staff read Calguns forums, but I would not be surprised if they are scouring around looking for ammunition for their side.

except weekends, you really dont expect him to be working on a Saturday, do ya?

REH
05-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Well now you did it. Bad enough Yee's bill will kill the BB, posting about the King 100 will accelerate it's demise.

Maestro Pistolero
05-26-2012, 10:17 AM

If that is sarcasm, then I apologize in advance.

You absolutely have a right to be stupid and to self-detruct. Is that the point, here? Because something may be true, does that mean it's wise, or in our best interest to post it on a publicly visible forum?

Kestryll
05-26-2012, 10:22 AM
If that is sarcasm, then I apologize in advance.

You absolutely have a right to be stupid and to self-detruct. Is that the point, here? Because something may be true, does that mean it's wise, or in our best interest to post it on a publicly visible forum?

This was a concern but when a warning was posted about it several people complained. As an example this post by wildhawker:
I honestly don't understand the logic behind the OP at all.

How are you going to stop California gun owners from discussing this rather significant legislation?

There are only a few possible outcomes for a bill that has real political potential to go all the way.

-Brandon

As such the warning was removed.

Maestro Pistolero
05-26-2012, 10:27 AM
This was a concern but when a warning was posted about it several people complained. As an example this post by wildhawker:

As such the warning was removed.

I get it, but people are unbelievable. :facepalm: Discuss, yes, but raise an issue that might easily have escaped notice? WE-TODD-IT.

USMCM16A2
05-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Guys,

Recall Leland Yee, sign the petition. A2

taperxz
05-26-2012, 10:31 AM
I just noticed the sticky thread was gone.

I disagree with Brandon. Discussion is one thing, documenting and giving the antis an education is another. IMHO

Maestro Pistolero
05-26-2012, 10:36 AM
I just noticed the sticky thread was gone.

I disagree with Brandon. Discussion is one thing, documenting and giving the antis an education is another. IMHO

This. Brandon, I disagree as well. We can't stop a forest fire but we can keep the gasoline away from it. This a private forum, I see no reason there can't be limitations on stupidity in cases like this.

taperxz
05-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Who edited my post?!
Flux bolt spring is not a novel idea. It is shows the remarkable resourcefulness of California gun owners.

LOL! Probably the person who's forum you are playing in;)

Kestryll
05-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Who edited my post?!
Flux bolt spring is not a novel idea. It is shows the remarkable resourcefulness of California gun owners.

The only person who has edited your postings has been you.

No edits are permanent, there is always a record in the database and the only one shown as editing your post is you.

USMCM16A2
05-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Guys,

Here are the California Guidelines/Rules for petitioning and recall. As a state legislator he is subject to recall. Lets hand him his ***, A2

Link www.sos.ca.gov/elections/recall.pdft

The Gleam
05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Wish they worked out their production issues though, they've been out of stock for months, with the Obama scare, and now this.

Cold War Shooters got a shipment in last week. They sold out in one weekend; but not before I picked up 5 of them for some future builds!! :43: :chris: :punk:

Meplat
05-26-2012, 10:42 AM

Because the weirdoes in the city that gets their water from a reservoir that was described as “Little Yosemite” before they dammed it up, dumps their sewage in the ocean, does not have snorkels on their gas pumps because the on shore winds blow all their pollution over here to the valley; VOATED FOR HIM!!!

Clownpuncher
05-26-2012, 10:43 AM
His district is the one that has to recall him. I highly doubt San Fran/San Mateo will recall him.

monk
05-26-2012, 10:45 AM
When I read the OP I thought it was a joke. Only understood every 10th word in that sentence. Blew my mind bro.

USMCM16A2
05-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Guys,

The rules/guidelines for recall are here at www.sos.ca.gov/elections/recall.pdf. There is also a petition started at Change.org. Lets get this bastard out of office. A2

strongpoint
05-26-2012, 10:49 AM
if you're outraged by this thread, i suggest you read the first three posts carefully before responding. then hold off for another minute while you find a dictionary and look up the definition of "satire."

Maestro Pistolero
05-26-2012, 10:49 AM
I think the OP has cleared up the issue with recent edits. Illuminating, yes?

4DMASTR
05-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Commented as well. We shall see how long it stays up.

taperxz
05-26-2012, 10:57 AM
I think the OP has cleared up the issue with recent edits. Illuminating, yes?

Still, leading or misleading, just makes others dig deeper. When this novel bill started out I too was guilty of leading. No more though. Let them analyze their own research.

mdimeo
05-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Everyone repeat after me:

California gun owners are a small minority.
San Francisco gun owners are a tiny minority.
Gun owners in Yee's district are a teeny-tiny minority.

The courts are the only place to win back gun rights in California. Talk of voting out the bastards is unrealistic, and the idea of winning a recall election in Yee's district is absolute bark-at-the-moon, coocoo for coco puffs, they're-coming-to-take-me-away-ha-ha crazy talk.

taperxz
05-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Everyone repeat after me:

California gun owners are a small minority.
San Francisco gun owners are a tiny minority.
Gun owners in Yee's district are a teeny-tiny minority.

The courts are the only place to win back gun rights in California. Talk of voting out the bastards is unrealistic, and the idea of winning a recall election in Yee's district is absolute bark-at-the-moon, coocoo for coco puffs, they're-coming-to-take-me-away-ha-ha crazy talk.

Statistics please! San Mateo county has plenty of gun owners and is home of CGF. In fact what your saying is that LA would be the equivalent of your analogy.

nick
05-26-2012, 11:02 AM

Rights are supposed to come with common sense.

blakdawg
05-26-2012, 11:02 AM
The recall information is at:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/recall.pdf

.. however, I'm not sure it's feasible or a good idea. Lee is from SF. To recall him, you'd need to have SF voters participate in the recall effort, and they'd be selecting his replacement.

To recall him, you need to have a statement listing the reasons for his recall. I suspect "is anti-gun; doesn't respect the 2A" isn't going to be very motivating for the average SF voter, so you might need to identify other grounds for the recall.

So let's assume that all works out, and he gets recalled. Then we get a new senator chosen by the people who chose Lee in the first place. Chances are the new senator isn't going to be Ted Nugent or his ideological equivalent. My bet is more along the lines of Kamala Harris or Don Perata.

Are we really better off? On the one hand, Lee will (personally) have been punished for his lack of respect for the Constitution and the 2A. On the other hand, we may get a smarter, better-connected liberal in his seat, who won't make the same rookie mistakes.

While I don't like what Lee's doing, he also seems to be something of an outcast among his own party/people (SF liberals) who's a little too conservative for their tastes, and a lot too liberal for most of the state. He's not especially well-connected or backed by a big fund-raising political machine. He's a career politician who makes a living by sucking up to various interests enough to get elected/re-elected.

So before we get too excited about kicking him out of the state Senate, let's think about who's likely to replace him, and whether that would really be an improvement.

Also, think about what a wonderful fundraising gift it would be to him if he could go to SF voters and say "The conservative tea party gun lobby has targeted me because I wrote a law that challenged their baby-killing death machine. I need your help to defend myself and our children against the NRA and its army of flying monkeys. Even $20 will make a difference." Liberals love that ****.

I think we'll get more done and do less damage if we just make fun of him, let him write his crappy legislation, let it die in the Senate - and if it passes, kill it in court.

Librarian
05-26-2012, 11:17 AM
California managed to recall Davis as governor, and we got Arnold.

Was that really an improvement?

Meplat
05-26-2012, 11:24 AM
I could become a taylor, cause the senator will be making 4 million new felons. You(we) will all need a suit for our trials. Where would he put us?

On January 14, 2005: The Department of the Army published Army Regulation 210-35: Civilian Inmate Labor Program, which provided Army policy and guidance for establishing civilian inmate labor programs and civilian prison camps on Army installations.

On January 24, 2006: KBR, the engineering and construction subsidiary of Halliburton Company, announced that it was awarded a contract from the Department of Homeland Security to support its Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facilities in the event of an emergency. The value of this contract was $385 million.

On November 4, 2008: The U.S. Army War College’s Strategic Institute publishes Known Unknowns: Unconventional “Strategic Shocks” in Defense Strategy Development warning that the United States may experience massive civil unrest in the wake of a series of crises which it has termed “strategic shock.” The report states:
“Widespread civil violence inside the United States would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security.”

On January 11, 2010: President Barack Hussein Obama signed an Executive Order creating A Council of Governors. This body of ten state governors directly appointed by Obama will work with the federal government to help advance the “synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities in the United States.” The non-elected governors would liaise with the Pentagon’s Northcom, Homeland Security, the National Guard as well as DOD officials from the Pentagon.

On February 12, 2010: The Department of the Army published Regulation: FM 3-39.40, Internment and Resettlement Operations Manual. This U.S. Army document was prepared for the Department of Defense and “was not meant for public consumption.” It contains shocking plans for “political activists” to be pacified by “PSYOP officers” into developing an “an appreciation of US policies” while detained in prison camps inside the United States. Both the UN and Red Cross are named as partners including federal agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security and FEMA. If this doesn’t bother you perhaps you should apply. Here is the job description that the US Army is recruiting for.

Road to Martial Law
Previous administrations installed the foundation for Obama’s authoritarian moves. Under Reagan, executive agencies were granted new sweeping emergency powers to seize infrastructure, private property but also round up citizens and put them in concentration camps and force them into slave labor. During the Iran-Contra hearings in 1987, it was revealed that the program was a secretive “scenario and drill” developed by the Federal government to suspend the Constitution, declare martial law, and have the military take over state and local governments while detaining large numbers of American citizens determined by the government to be “national security threats.” The exercise was called REX-84 and stood for Readiness Exercise 1984. The existence of the Rex-84 Program was first revealed during the Iran-Contra Hearings in 1987 and reported by the Miami Herald on July 5, 1987:

“These camps are to be operated by FEMA should martial law need to be implemented in the United States and all it would take is a presidential signature on a proclamation and the attorney general’s signature on a warrant to which a list of names is attached.”

1911_sfca
05-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Why don't you spend your time and effort on something worthwhile, rather than tilting at windmills?

motorhead
05-26-2012, 11:37 AM
it does kind of send a message. his actions are obviously publicity motivated.

glock 357
05-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Maybe easier for all us to get a restraining order againt him along with his DS'ing followers. Till he is pushed out of CA :smartass:

cxr
05-26-2012, 11:41 AM
WHOA.... i thought at first this was about the mag-magnet.

now its the BB!!