PDA

View Full Version : PFEC (Personal Firearms Eligibility Check)

ExiledP170y
05-26-2012, 1:34 PM
Anyone experienced with the PFEC? I thought that this Application would let you know if you would pass DROS. I just had the fine experience of being Denied thru DROS, but Eligible for PFEC. Did CA DOJ make a mistake of my results (smh) It doesn't make sense, can someone elaborate? thanks in advance..

NYsteveZ
05-26-2012, 2:33 PM
Welcome to Calguns. You may want to ask in the FFL forum or 2A here. On that, something as trivial as an unpaid parking ticket/issues with the DMV may raise a red flag when you DROS.

BlackTydeTactical
05-26-2012, 3:00 PM
Welcome aboard. You came to the right place for answers. I am sure someone will come along and help.

NoNOS67
05-26-2012, 3:30 PM
Anyone experienced with the PFEC? I thought that this Application would let you know if you would pass DROS. I just had the fine experience of being Denied thru DROS, but Eligible for PFEC. Did CA DOJ make a mistake of my results (smh) It doesn't make sense, can someone elaborate? thanks in advance..

Have you contacted DOJ to find out what the reason for denial was?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

CIV Tactical
05-26-2012, 3:36 PM
A lil confused here. You are eligible to turn in a PFEC or your PFEC cam back saying that you are eligible to posses and purchase firearms?

frankDmole
05-26-2012, 8:08 PM
Welcome to CalGuns.

ExiledP170y
05-26-2012, 9:11 PM
A lil confused here. You are eligible to turn in a PFEC or your PFEC cam back saying that you are eligible to posses and purchase firearms?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, my PFEC results came back and said I was eligible to both possess and purchase, but denied anyway.. tried to contact DOJ but no answer.. I guess I'm just going to have to wait next week..

socalbowhunter
05-27-2012, 12:08 AM
I've never met anyone who was denied and had no idea why they were denied. I also never met anyone who did a PFEC who wasn't concerned about being denied. Sounds like there is something in your past that you know might disallow you, correct?

CIV Tactical
05-27-2012, 7:02 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, my PFEC results came back and said I was eligible to both possess and purchase, but denied anyway.. tried to contact DOJ but no answer.. I guess I'm just going to have to wait next week..
Ok I got you. Call the DOJ in the morning time it will be easier to get your answers and remember when dealing with the DOJ to not get frustrated and lose your cool:)

h0use
05-27-2012, 8:20 AM
welcome

NoNOS67
05-27-2012, 10:22 AM

In your other post, you said: Whats up Everyone?, I am a noobie in this community forgive for any dumb questions.

I just recently tried to purchase my first stripped lower for my build, on the 9th day of DROS I get a letter in today saying I was denied.

I know my past is not all great but I took the advise of my local dealer to Apply for the "Personal Firearms Eligibility Check" back in April. The results came in and found that I was eligible to both possess and purchase, what confuses me now is why get denied when the PFEC is what states that you can have a firearm. If it wasn't for the PFEC I wouldn't even bought everything to complete my build. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance..

They sent you a letter, but gave no reason? Either way, a quick phone call should yield some answers. Good luck!

lorax3
05-27-2012, 10:33 AM
As others have mentioned above, a phone call should explain why the DROS was denied. For the sake of information, you should ask them if the check a PFEC runs is the same as a DROS. It would be good to know if it's different. Either there was a mistake on the PFEC/DROS, or something happened between your approved PFEC and the DROS check.

DeanW66
05-28-2012, 2:34 PM
Welcome aboard and good luck - I have no idea on your situation.

ExiledP170y
06-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Finally received a call from DOJ and found out that I was denied because of a traffic warrant.. Now, I need to go to Chino Courthouse to find out what ta heck it's about.

lorax3
06-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Finally received a call from DOJ and found out that I was denied because of a traffic warrant.. Now, I need to go to Chino Courthouse to find out what ta heck it's about.

Keep us updated, I'm going to guess something happened after the PFEC. If not, I'd be curious why the DROS caught it when the PFEC did not.

MigNoche
06-13-2012, 11:27 AM
IMHO, gun ownership in America is a right not a privledge. I dont see how the state can deny someone of thier right due to a non-violent related crime or issue. If you had a history of Domestic violence, that would be one thing. But a traffic infraction should have nothing to do with your eligibility to own firearms. It boils down to, "if you dont pay your traffic/parking tickets you dont have the right to defend yourself".

Whats next, if you are late with a payment for your college loans you wont be able to own a weapon or have free speech?

It seems the Govt is attempting to rob us of our rights any way they can.

ExiledP170y
06-13-2012, 2:07 PM
Lorax3, I spoke to Mitch from DOJ, very friendly and helpful as well.. She explained to me that they made a mistake on there end for checking the wrong box as far as eligibility. So, to make things right I gotta take care of this warrant and everything should be kudos.. I hope.

zod
06-13-2012, 6:56 PM
Welcome aboard and good luck!

fighterpilot562
06-13-2012, 7:37 PM
Yes go ask the 2A forum good luck

MrExel17
06-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Welcome to Calguns!

Sonny188
06-14-2012, 4:14 PM
Welcome!