View Full Version : CZ75 Magazines???

05-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Why are the magazines so expensive. I think the cheapest I have found is 41.99 at Turners, but the only turners I can find them at is the one in Pasadena. They are a little cheaper online at around 38.99 but when you include tax and or shipping it comes out to the same. I have even seen prices as high as 52.99. Whats up with that.

05-26-2012, 12:31 PM
And I am only talking about factory magazines, Mec-gar and Pro mag are cheaper but are non usable here in CA due to them being hi-cap

05-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Buy the Mec Gars and block them.

CZ factory stuff is outrageous.

05-26-2012, 12:39 PM
How do I block them? just replace the spring for a 10 round spring?

05-26-2012, 12:58 PM
You need to delete that asap.

12020 (c)(25) As used in this section, "large-capacity
magazine" means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity
to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to
include any of the following:
(A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so
that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.

05-26-2012, 1:03 PM
I found a site that sell just an inserted plastic to convert the XDM and PPQ high cap mags to 10-rd. So I assume it does not have to be permanent. I know I should no assume....

Edit: I will make a permanent one.

Sent from IPhone

05-26-2012, 1:05 PM
You are supposed to epoxy the floorplate on after installing the block.

05-26-2012, 1:06 PM
Does that mess up reliability of the magazine most of the time?

05-26-2012, 1:07 PM
Does that mess up reliability of the magazine most of the time?

If you do it wrong, it can. The blocks are the best way to go because it is less likely to bind the coil spring.

05-26-2012, 1:11 PM
If you do it wrong, it can. The blocks are the best way to go because it is less likely to bind the coil spring.

Do you have picture of the "block"?

Sent from IPhone

05-26-2012, 1:19 PM
Do you have picture of the "block"?

Sent from IPhone

pretty much what you were using, except stuck to the baseplate so it doesn't bounce around. A lot of people use rivets, which the spring can catch on sometimes and bind up.

Heres a link for another way to do it.

05-26-2012, 1:24 PM
Gotta go to Home Depot :)

Sent from IPhone

05-26-2012, 7:49 PM
These mags will work. http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAA-Witness-Factory-Mag-fits-TZ75-Springfield-P9-Eagle-Baby-Eagle-10-Rnd-/120921084035?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c27755083 So will these. http://www.magnumresearch.com/Baby-Desert-Eagle-Magazines/Magnum-Research-Baby-Desert-Eagle-9mm-10-Round-Magazine.asp

I have a baby eagle mag in my 75 sa right now.

Lead Waster
05-26-2012, 7:59 PM
Yeah, block some 16 round Mec Gars. Get them shipped to you as a rebuild kit and don't assemble them! Bring the body to Home Depot and go to where the aluminum bars are sold. Pick one that will fit inside, that is thin. You will make a block that fits either the front or the back of the magazine. With the MecGars, you need to cut a 1 inch length of this bar. Yes, exactly 1 inch! chamfer (file down) the edge of the top of the block on 3 sides (or else the spring may catch on it when it is being compressed.

To test the length of the block, place the follower in the magazine body, then put 10 rounds into the magazine (the magazine is not assembled, it's just the body with the follower!) and turn the mag upside down. use a stick or the spring to push on the follower so that you can see where the follower is when 10 rounds are loaded. You don't really want only 10 rounds, you want 10 and a half...not enough to get 11 in there, but you need some space or you can't load that 10th round. You'll see that it equals an inch and 1/8th. You'll need that 1/8th of space below the follower for the base plate to fit.

So fiddle with it until it makes sense to you. Remove the rounds. Make sure the follower is already in the body, now PERMANENTLY epoxy that block in there... making sure you leave space for the baseplate! When the epoxy is dry, go ahead and put in the spring and the baseplate on your TEN ROUND magazine.

At no point did you have a 16 round magazine, or even a complete magazine until after you blocked the magazine and put it together .... your new 10 rounder!

The MecGars also only cost $20 or so. CZ wants $40-$45 for the 10 rounds! Granted, the 10 round magazines are nice because they have a thicker base plate. The MegGar 16's have a flat base plate, so when you insert the magazine, make sure it's inserted all the way!

I basically followed that link that Zack posted, the vaportrails one, but I'm giving you the 1 inch dimension for the Mec Gar 16 CZ magazines.

Don't be tempted to assemble your rebuild kit without the block!

05-26-2012, 8:52 PM
Factory 10-round mags, $32: http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/CZ-USA-CZ-7585-Mag-9mm-10-Round-11102_p_7101.html ...I do notice that they are out of stock at the moment. That's the first time I've seen that in 2 years. Might be worth e-mailing or calling to see if they're getting more. They've been this price for years and they have always been in stock.

Rorge Retson
05-26-2012, 9:05 PM
The MecGars also only cost $20 or so.
Really!?!? :shock: Where?