PDA

View Full Version : Mag magnet

feelgood
05-25-2012, 5:00 PM
are mag magnets legal in CA/ can i use it in the range legally??

bloodhawke83
05-25-2012, 5:03 PM
nope, it is attached to the rifle. go ahead if you like jail, not stopping you.

RazzB7
05-25-2012, 5:03 PM
:lurk5:

Bowhunter_619
05-25-2012, 5:09 PM
:lurk5:

You beat me to the popcorn

RazzB7
05-25-2012, 5:12 PM
You beat me to the popcorn

I'll share. I've got onion rings too! :D

wjc
05-25-2012, 5:13 PM
IBTL

:43:

Oneaudiopro
05-25-2012, 5:15 PM
nope, it is attached to the rifle. go ahead if you like jail, not stopping you.

Please don't spread reckless information if you don't know for sure. There are alot of people on this site that might agree with you but the facts are that the "Magmagnet" has never had to face scrutiny in any of our courts. If it were me, I probably wouldn't use one only because of the controversy surrounding the device. It appears to me that there are just as many arguments for it as there are against it. The decision to use one is yours soley.

stix213
05-25-2012, 5:16 PM
The fact this question has to be asked is proof of how deceptive their marketing is.

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-25-2012, 5:18 PM
don't use it, if you do make sure it's to hang staff from your refrigerator.

RazzB7
05-25-2012, 5:19 PM
Please don't spread reckless information if you don't know for sure. There are alot of people on this site that might agree with you but the facts are that the "Magmagnet" has never had to face scrutiny in any of our courts. If it were me, I probably wouldn't use one only because of the controversy surrounding the device. It appears to me that there are just as many arguments for it as there are against it. The decision to use one is yours soley.

The biggest argument against it is the guy in the booth at the gun shows demonstrating it on a FEATURELESS rifle. If the manufacturer's rep is afraid to put it on an "evil featured" rifle, what does that say?

Baconator
05-25-2012, 5:20 PM
I've got bacon

m03
05-25-2012, 5:20 PM
Please don't spread reckless information if you don't know for sure. There are alot of people on this site that might agree with you but the facts are that the "Magmagnet" has never had to face scrutiny in any of our courts. If it were me, I probably wouldn't use one only because of the controversy surrounding the device. It appears to me that there are just as many arguments for it as there are against it.

WTF? Who's arguing for it? I haven't seen anyone here do that.

Ask yourself "if my rifle/pistol had a standard magazine release, would it violate state law". That's what you're doing when you stick the Mag Magnet on...turning a tool-based magazine release into a standard magazine release.

stix213
05-25-2012, 5:21 PM

This is the first post I've ever seen that indicates there is any dispute. It isn't called the "felony button" for nothing.

ChaneRZ
05-25-2012, 5:37 PM
I have chips and sodas.

wildhawker
05-25-2012, 5:40 PM
It isn't called the "felony button" for nothing.

This.

-Brandon

4DMASTR
05-25-2012, 5:41 PM
I wouldnt try it myself...

Ibtl

Arkangel
05-25-2012, 5:45 PM
Here we go again...

IBTL

tujungatoes
05-25-2012, 5:59 PM
IBTL!

artoaster
05-25-2012, 6:05 PM
Your Mag Magnet sticks to both your refrigerator and to it's very own "Docking Station" which is a metallic button you pin to your shirt that has printed on it the words, "I'm a tool".

Gem1950
05-25-2012, 6:23 PM
The fact this question has to be asked is proof of how deceptive their marketing is.

(BIG BUZZER SOUND!) - No, actually it is proof that someone has not read their literature, instructions or disclaimer.

GM4spd
05-25-2012, 6:29 PM
http://fototime.com/F3B80EB5172F75A/standard.jpg

Ubermcoupe
05-25-2012, 6:33 PM
Please don't spread reckless information ...

Itís not reckless, its a legitimate concern to attempt to keep a fellow gunny out of jail.

If you like using your "felony button" and wish to be the test case, then please, do so, but donít goad someone else into being one for you.

Scratch705
05-25-2012, 6:41 PM

yeah, that is reckless information if i ever saw one. the reason it hasn't happened yet is b/c any common sense gun owner that even knows basic gun laws knows that the magmagnet is a felony on a featured centerfire rifle.

it is only useful for those that use .22lr uppers and don't want to deal with a BB when they don't need to when shooting rimfire.

frankDmole
05-25-2012, 6:51 PM
NO! IBTL....:popcorn:

Peter.Steele
05-25-2012, 7:05 PM

Agent provocanoob?

Or just an idiot?

One or t'other. No third option here.

Oneaudiopro
05-25-2012, 7:12 PM
Itís not reckless, its a legitimate concern to attempt to keep a fellow gunny out of jail.

If you like using your "felony button" and wish to be the test case, then please, do so, but donít goad someone else into being one for you.

I think I was fair in my assessment ofthe "magmagnet" if you took the time to read exactly what I read. I wouldn't personally own a firearm that required one because I believe that just gives in to the anti crowd, but that discussion can be saved for another day. All I was saying is that it hasn't passed the scrutiny of our courts yet.............thats all. There is the arguement that the magnet could be considered a tool. I'm definitely not an advocate of the device, actually just the opposite, but I'm trying to be fair and look at all sides. If its wrong to look at the whole picture rather than jump on the "follow me" bus, then by all means, flame away.

pacifico23
05-25-2012, 7:21 PM
Oh man poor OP. Of all weeks to post a thread on magnets legality... You sure chose a doozer.

IBTL

:popcorn:

glock7
05-25-2012, 7:47 PM
You are in CA. Which means not only no, but hell NO. Never speak of such things again.

Fractured
05-25-2012, 7:51 PM
I think something fishy is going on.....

Does your bosses last name begin with a "Y" and end with an "E"?

tenpercentfirearms
05-25-2012, 7:53 PM
Get a Bullet Button Wonder Wrench. It will turn your gun into full-auto suppressed!

gC1WLRrz6yI

Bartin
05-25-2012, 7:54 PM
did I make it in before the lock?

mrdd
05-25-2012, 7:56 PM
I think I was fair in my assessment ofthe "magmagnet" if you took the time to read exactly what I read. I wouldn't personally own a firearm that required one because I believe that just gives in to the anti crowd, but that discussion can be saved for another day. All I was saying is that it hasn't passed the scrutiny of our courts yet.............thats all. There is the arguement that the magnet could be considered a tool. I'm definitely not an advocate of the device, actually just the opposite, but I'm trying to be fair and look at all sides. If its wrong to look at the whole picture rather than jump on the "follow me" bus, then by all means, flame away.

What does this mean? If I understand you correctly, I see it as the opposite!

cabinetguy
05-25-2012, 8:02 PM

What exactly did you read to think it was a good idea? just curious. I also would not like to be one of the first few to be under the scrutiny of the courts for this, I doubt it would go well.

LNTT
05-25-2012, 8:11 PM
:facepalm:

Oneaudiopro
05-25-2012, 8:13 PM
What does this mean? If I understand you correctly, I see it as the opposite!

Quite simply..............If you give up one freedom for the safety of another, you deserve neither. I will "Never" own a bastardized AR or any other weapon that needs a bullet button unless 1) I move to another state which doesn't require them or 2) we all change the laws here to allow them in their natural configuration...............thats all.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

mrdd
05-25-2012, 8:20 PM
Quite simply..............If you give up one freedom for the safety of another, you deserve neither. I will "Never" own a bastardized AR or any other weapon that needs a bullet button unless 1) I move to another state which doesn't require them or 2) we all change the laws here to allow them in their natural configuration...............thats all.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

I see, but you'll live in CA. That strikes me as a somewhat conflicted position.

Oneaudiopro
05-25-2012, 8:41 PM
What a better place to live that gives you soooooo many opportunities to change all the stupid gun restrictions than right here in California. Many of the legislators here always tout there reasons as being for "public safety". If that was true, then why haven't they tried passing a law that would restrict us driving our vehicles more than 2 days a month? After all, auto accidents account for a majority of the deaths in this country every year. So it really isn't for public safety but rather for alterior motives instead.
I'm not agains't any of you that want to own an AR and live with the stupid "bullet button", but my agenda and ultimate goal is to change the laws so all of us law abiding citizens can enjoy owning and shooting the firearms that each of you want to own without some unknowledable politician telling us which ones "They" will allow us to own.
Some of you are willing to "compromise" in order to have your AR's and AK's. How many other "compromises" are you willing to accept in the future......thats the real question. The sharpest sabre that we all have is our vote! Unfortunately there are alot of libs in this state that will fight us tooth and nail, and sadly several on this site.
There you have it..............You asked.

Turbinator
05-25-2012, 8:46 PM
The biggest argument against it is the guy in the booth at the gun shows demonstrating it on a FEATURELESS rifle. If the manufacturer's rep is afraid to put it on an "evil featured" rifle, what does that say?

I'm pretty sure you can use a mag magnet on a FEATURELESS centerfire rifle all day long without any issues, as indicated above.

Don't try it on anything else other than a featureless centerfire rifle or a dedicated .22lr.

Turby

bloodhawke83
05-25-2012, 8:49 PM

What's so reckless? My advice was not to use it. If you use it and sent to jail, I'll send you some smokes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Oneaudiopro
05-25-2012, 9:13 PM
What's so reckless? My advice was not to use it. If you use it and sent to jail, I'll send you some smokes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You said "no"......its illegal. I never take things for face value and always do my own research so I can form my own opinions based on the facts.
Some people claim the magmagnet is in fact a tool for releasing the magazine and therefore legal. I have never heard of anyone ever getting arrested for having one in ther possesion, and if there is a case, I would love to hear about it and its disposition. The magmagnetic, as I stated in my previous post, has never gone through the scrutiny of our courts. And the most puzzling fact of all is Senator Yee's obsession with trying to pass new legislation to ban the magmagnet. Ask yourself this.........Why would Yee try and pass legislation to ban something that, by your very words and word of others in here, is already illegal? My contention is that it "may" pass the scrutiny of the courts and Yee wants to nip it in the bud before it has that chance........................just my opinion.

LBDamned
05-25-2012, 9:20 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/OCG35/weird-misc/notagain.jpg

Blacktail 8541
05-25-2012, 9:25 PM
The mag magnet is good for dedicated rim fire uppers used on bullet buttoned lowers and for out of state use.

MrPlink
05-25-2012, 9:29 PM
The mag magnet is good for dedicated rim fire uppers used on bullet buttoned lowers and for out of state use.

or for a featureless conversion...

now lets lock this thread please and move on

Don29palms
05-25-2012, 10:21 PM
From Magmagnet website

When can I use the Mag Magnet?
The mag magnet can be installed and left on your firearm if it is;
- a rimfire, most commonly .22LR
- a featureless build with no other evil features such as a pistol grip, flash suppressor, vertical fore grip, flare or grenade launcher, collapsible or folding stock, or thumbhole stock.
- outside the state of California
- an ďassault weaponĒ registered with the CA DOJ

ALSO

Product description is provided by the manufacturer, National Gun Supply makes no claims as to the Mag Magnets use or legality. Use of the Mag Magnet is at your own risk. The Mag Magnet should never be left on your gun, doing so may result in a less than favorable legal situation, if caught, you may be charged with a felony weapons charge.

Pretty much says it all right there.

eville
05-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Begging for a lock.

arsilva32
05-25-2012, 11:10 PM

thats exactly what they want you to do. congrats man how does it feel being pwned by the system? they played you like a fiddle, now all they need to do is come up with a way to bastardize other guns so you wont want to own them ether.

Ubermcoupe
05-25-2012, 11:18 PM
All I was saying is that it hasn't passed the scrutiny of our courts yet.............thats all.

It wasn’t the part about the courts, it was the “reckless” part.

I admit my sarcasm wasn’t very nice but I will stand by the fact that it wasn’t a reckless comment - If anything, it was a “conservative” comment. Regardless the mag magnet is an A+ way to get into illegal AW waters.

:o

laabstract
05-25-2012, 11:19 PM
I like candy

Quiet
05-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Currently legislation, SB249 Firearms: assault weapon conversion kits, would make mere possession of the mag magnet & similar devices illegal.

bobomb
05-26-2012, 1:03 AM
i would be scared using it on a featureless with a 30 rounder

what if it falls off now you then have a fixed 30 rounder or worse have them activly claiming that it is a tool even when attached

kind of reminds me of the ccw paradox

a cop sees a guy printing and walks up wanting to arrest him for concealed carry but the guy whips out his permit then the cop try's to get him for having it unconcealed since he says saw it

motorwerks
05-26-2012, 1:37 AM
I think something fishy is going on.....

Does your bosses last name begin with a "Y" and end with an "E"?

LOL I was thinking troll too.

motorwerks
05-26-2012, 1:39 AM
From Magmagnet website

ALSO

Pretty much says it all right there.

Winner!!!

Oneaudiopro
05-26-2012, 1:41 AM
[QUOTE= now all they need to do is come up with a way to bastardize other guns so you wont want to own them ether.[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't read my post or understand what I wrote..........either case just proves that you're exactly the type of individual that will allow them to legislate other stupid regulations to further limit our freedoms. I on the other hand have integrity and would rather do without and fight to regain our full freedoms under the law. So how do you feel accepting a mere pitence from our legislators in order to preserve future freedoms, which isn't going to happen according to your own post? You not only got P'owned as you put it, but don't even know it. As long as people like you in this state continue to accept compromises in our freedoms, the longer it will be before we're able to purchase and enjoy firearms that citizens in other states get to enjoy.

Librarian
05-26-2012, 1:55 AM
For the entire period of time the 'mag magnet' is connected to the mag release, that firearm DOES accept 'detachable magazines'. If the rifle is centerfire and has any features, such as pistol grip or folding stock, that rifle becomes an 'assault weapon'.

Illegal.